Macclesfield: Directions, Beer & Food

17 hours ago, rudemedic said:

No. He denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity. Last man is not actually referenced in the laws of the game.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Doesn't affect yesterday's result but there is no way that is a red card for Maouche. Surely be appealing that

Saves me repeating myself

Thought across the pitch we were poor yesterday but Iversen has his worse game yet. Goals conceded were pathetic. Becoming a real issue him not coming off his line and clubs are seeing that and using it against us. 

Mad as we played a high line yesterday yet our keeper doesn’t come off his line. Don’t know who’s idea that was but it was a shocker. 

Both Clarke and Edmundson got bullied for 90 mins. Maouche crowded out missilou and sylla didn’t stick to their defensive job which left us exposed. Vera no service at all and spent 90 chasing hopeless long balls aimed at nobody. Branger needs to be dropped. Weak and no confidence to drive at the opposition instead chooses to hold onto the ball for the opposition to get back before looking to find an orange shirt. 

If scholes was there yesterday can see some big changes happening. 

Glad that’s off my chest 😂😂😂

Edited by adamoafc

4 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Thought across the pitch we were poor yesterday but Iversen has his worse game yet. Goals conceded were pathetic. Becoming a real issue him not coming off his line and clubs are seeing that and using it against us. 

Mad as we played a high line yesterday yet our keeper doesn’t come off his line. Don’t know who’s idea that was but it was a shocker. 

Both Clarke and Edmundson got bullied for 90 mins. Maouche crowded out missilou and sylla didn’t stick to their defensive job which left us exposed. Vera no service at all and spent 90 chasing hopeless long balls aimed at nobody. Branger needs to be dropped. Weak and no confidence to drive at the opposition instead chooses to hold onto the ball for the opposition to get back before looking to find an orange shirt. 

If scholes was there yesterday can see some big changes happening. 

Glad that’s off my chest 😂😂😂

Good summary that. 

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Good summary that. 

We have seen from his career goals Vera is not one for chasing long balls, its an endless supply of crosses he wants to get on the end of.

Also 2 holding midfielders against a side that had conceded an abundance of goals just didn't' make sense to me.

Edited by BP1960

22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We have seen from his career goals Vera is not one for chasing long balls, its an endless supply of crosses he wants to get on the end of.

Also 2 holding midfielders against a side that had conceded an abundance of goals just didn't' make sense to me.

Yeah, and put your best crosser of a ball at fullback whilst we have 2 sat on the bench.

As Cloughie used to say , football is a simple game , but we do our best to disprove that.

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed. Was obvious early on (as it was against FGR) that we were set up all wrong.  I suspect two holding midfielders will not be something Scholes will even consider. 

On 1/20/2019 at 12:16 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Doesn't affect yesterday's result but there is no way that is a red card for Maouche. Surely be appealing that

On 1/20/2019 at 8:10 PM, losesome said:

Just seen Mouche red, not even a free kick at Old Trafford that. 

Definite appeal. 

So, does anyone know if we have lodged an appeal against the red card? Going off the match camera angle it is inconclusive for me 🤔 

Four things that referees have to consider in such a situation.

Direction - is the player going in the direction of goal or away from it?

Distance - how far is the player from goal?

Defenders - are other defenders likely to be able to intervene before the player shoots?

Control - does the player seem to have the ball under control?

Looking at the highlights , if Maouche fouled him, then a red card seems appropriate.