Macclesfield: Directions, Beer & Food

If someone can explain how Branger starts any game and sound as though they believe it can they tell me!!!

Also what drives me mad, when we finally replace him with Hunt we put a left footed Nepo out right and a right footed Lang out left.

Within 5 mins of the change both got free in great positions just inside the box but neither could deliver because they were both on the wrong foot.

Drives me bloody insane 😠😠😠😠

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

No coincidence played 2 holding midfieders in both games giving the initiative to the opposition.

Very disappointed with Wild for bringing back that negative tactic.

We also played two holding midfielders against Port Vale, Notts County and Fulham; were you disappointed in him then too?

Just now, latics22 said:

Hate to say it but we are looking like a mid table team, no consistency. We need a run of 5 or 6 wins and we just don’t look capable at the min, without surridge don’t think we can do that 😔

We look like a mid table team, who’s last two performances looked like a relegation team. We need to improve and we need to be consistent 

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Horrific performance from both the players and fans. Could hear a pin drop in the away end today...

I presumed they had the ifollow mics in the home end.  Couldn't hear anything from us.

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Yes he did play the ball but it was 2 footed off the ground with studs up, many a ref would have red carded him. 

Agreed. But I don't think the challenge was malicious. These things are too easily given. Their player looked like he would never play again. Then was running around like spring chicken 2 minutes later.

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Anyone think Maouche red card will get overturned, some are saying he wasnt the last man

No. He denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity. Last man is not actually referenced in the laws of the game.

His sending off might be a slight blessing in disguise as the 3 midfielders, (Maouche, Missilou and Sylla) don’t work in my opinion. I’m not sure why, but I think it’s probably because Sylla isn’t as good as Lyden.

8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Yes he did play the ball but it was 2 footed off the ground with studs up, many a ref would have red carded him. 

I think some refs would have, especially as it had a scissor moment, but not most refs. The one who I thought got lucky was Iversen as he did actually foul their player at one point in that incident. But it was very difficult for the officials to see it. 

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

What about pw is he blameless? U were quick to jump on bunn. So it the fans and players fault ?

Our haste on jumping on anybody associated with the club is very much the problem. Wild deserves a medal for taking on the job for this amount of time. Let's leave him alone, eh.

The simple fact is - and we really have to get this into our heads - that the players, despite a seemingly firm belief across this board, are essentially average players and as such they show elements of quality some of the time, but are ultimately inconsistent. The squads we've had in the last decade have been lauded, but very few have made it above mid table of League One.

Yes, I hoped we could sustain some form but the last two games have confirmed what I've known all season: we lack the ability to put together a significant run of results. It isn't suddenly going to happen and so we should aim as high as possible and hope we can beat Donny to extend the FA Cup run. A 12th place finish and the 5th Round of the FA Cup wouldn't be the worst thing and before some start lashing out, it isn't me being happy with us finishing 12th. It's realistic considering the way our club is run.

15 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Our haste on jumping on anybody associated with the club is very much the problem. Wild deserves a medal for taking on the job for this amount of time. Let's leave him alone, eh.

The simple fact is - and we really have to get this into our heads - that the players, despite a seemingly firm belief across this board, are essentially average players and as such they show elements of quality some of the time, but are ultimately inconsistent. The squads we've had in the last decade have been lauded, but very few have made it above mid table of League One.

Yes, I hoped we could sustain some form but the last two games have confirmed what I've known all season: we lack the ability to put together a significant run of results. It isn't suddenly going to happen and so we should aim as high as possible and hope we can beat Donny to extend the FA Cup run. A 12th place finish and the 5th Round of the FA Cup wouldn't be the worst thing and before some start lashing out, it isn't me being happy with us finishing 12th. It's realistic considering the way our club is run.

I wasn’t slating anyone , was merely pointing out biased by other poster.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Great to see all these foreigners, passion for the club really shines through...

Saving themselves for Doncaster innit...

Unfortunately you can't kid the fans who pay good money to go and watch them shitting out and not competing. Problem is the match day squad picks itself so there isn't much chance of those who've downed tools today of being dropped which is a shame because on that performance six or seven would be lucky to be selected for next week.

1 minute ago, UpTheLatics said:

I know you weren't but it's often what we do.

Personally I try to hold back as much as possible, not one to jump the gun. I try to take each win and loss on merit. I also like to look at the bigger picture, I do think we’re heading for mid table unfortunately. Maybe Scholes could make the difference... but who knows football is a lottery.

Actual match aside, that ground was a shithole twenty years ago and it hasn’t got any better (certainly if you were stood behind the goal). One little food kiosk for 1500 people, very poor. And there are clubs like Chesterfield, Wrexham & Leyton Orient etc languishing in non league and we have to go to places like Moss Rose. Not going there again.