Macclesfield: Directions, Beer & Food

Just now, Dick_Valentine said:

Actual match aside, that ground was a shithole twenty years ago and it hasn’t got any better (certainly if you were stood behind the goal). One little food kiosk for 1500 people, very poor. And there are clubs like Chesterfield, Wrexham & Leyton Orient etc languishing in non league and we have to go to places like Moss Rose. Not going there again. 

Some nice boozers in the town centre though. 

13 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Actual match aside, that ground was a shithole twenty years ago and it hasn’t got any better (certainly if you were stood behind the goal). One little food kiosk for 1500 people, very poor. And there are clubs like Chesterfield, Wrexham & Leyton Orient etc languishing in non league and we have to go to places like Moss Rose. Not going there again. 

It wasn’t great in their stand. They had one food kiosk too (not for as many people mind) and either someone has nicked all the TVs or they haven’t been put in.

What is it with football grounds not providing anywhere to sit down other than your seat too?

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nobody is exempt from criticism...

Agreed, thought he got it badly wrong with Sylla, who by accounts was having a poor game and been booked after 21 minutes.

Should have been subbed at half time or even before rather than waiting for the regulation 60 odd minutes.

Having said that if the majority of players aren't willing to battle he's got a dilemma.

Edited by BP1960

Not read the posts since the final whistle, but that was truly woeful, the goal aside i couldn't remember 3 consecutive passes going to a tics shirt...all involved seemed to be playing at 40% awaiting the cup game next week trying to avoid injury, playing help at full-back completely nullifies out most creative weapon....abseloute waste of time, effort and money that today,.chalk and cheese from Fulham

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

I wasn’t at the game today but I really don’t understand playing Nepo at Left Back especially when Hunt is on the bench whose done a good job there, Nepo is a better option than Branger 

Totally agree dummingham and hunt are valuable said it before kick off they must play, for a start they bring balance to the team!

21 minutes ago, latics22 said:
47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

play like that we will get dicked ! Only a win almost saves that result ! If we progress make shit loads of money it almost makes results like today ok! If the money is used to get promotion next year

You forgot to add my comments with yours.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed, thought he got it badly wrong with Sylla, who by accounts was having a poor game and been booked after 21 minutes.

Should have been subbed at half time or even before rather than waiting for the regulation 60 odd minutes.

Having said that if the majority of players aren't willing to battle he's got a dilemma.

Sylla was feeling the pace about 30 minutes in.

Fair play to all those who went today. Proud of you with such a great turn out. Just watching MOTD and those at top of PL ain't perfect listening to the pundits.

We're L2 - we ain't going to be perfect either. Much as it frustrates us.

I love my job ( sad I know ) but I ain't always perfect at it either. Let's have a bit of perspective. Sometimes it's good (ie Fulham) and the rest of the time its just another day at the office - much as we wish it could be different.

Edited by staffordlatic
Spelling

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Yeah sorry sometime goes a bit crazy this site! But you are a owtb ledge so I’ll ride with it...

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Yeah sorry sometime goes a bit crazy this site! But you are a owtb ledge so I’ll ride with it...

I'll give you a double upboat😁

9 minutes ago, Hands on said:

That was a good day out spoiled by a lacklustre performance from the boys in tangerine.  It was also a lacklustre performance by our away support - no energy on or off the pitch.  Best forgotten.  

Best forgotten definitely. 

However... I think that yesterday convinced me that Wild is not yet ready to take on the manager’s role. He has done a fantastic job as interim but as he himself has said, maybe it’s not his time. The experience will stand him in good stead and with him as Academy head and a new manager in this week, we will see the beginnings of a structure that can only benefit the players. 

The three new faces may well have to take a step back in order to get up to speed with the ‘english game’’ in the same way that Nepomuceno, Missilou and to a lesser extent Maouche and Branger have done. If the strong reports of Scholes coming in prove to be true then I would expect to see one or two come in and maybe even one returnee...

Whether the next permanent manager is a success only time will tell - but whoever gets the gig will get my full backing irrespective of where he comes from. 😀