6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Thats how Banide has used all our strikers so far. 

Yet again, why single him out? 

Azankpo seems to have had more time on the pitch than any of them and still hasn’t scored yet but in true Latics  style most really like him because he runs around a lot. 

I don’t think Azankpo has had much help

from the team, his goal against Liverpool was a through ball to feet, finished very well. Poor chap is chasing ghosts for now.

And yes, effort is endearing. 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

I don’t think Azankpo has had much help

from the team, his goal against Liverpool was a through ball to feet, finished very well. Poor chap is chasing ghosts for now.

And yes, effort is endearing. 

Chris Wilder disagrees. 

Its always bugged me that that so many of our fans value effort over quality. Being able to placate you all with fodder that put 100% (of shit) in week in week out probably saved Corney a fortune and us several good seasons over the years. 

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Chris Wilder disagrees. 

Its always bugged me that that so many of our fans value effort over quality. Being able to placate you all with fodder that put 100% (of shit) in week in week out probably saved Corney a fortune and us several good seasons over the years. 

It’s a good job that our placated fans have so much “quality” to cheer then!

Maouche has plenty of quality, but doesn’t put in enough effort.

Effort in our our team is not a given from all of the players and we can all agree that we need more quality.

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Chris Wilder disagrees. 

4 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

Maouche has plenty of quality, but doesn’t put in enough effort.

Effort in our our team is not a given from all of the players and we can all agree that we need more quality.

Paul Warne syndrome innit. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Azankpo seems to have had more time on the pitch than any of them and still hasn’t scored yet but in true Latics  style most really like him because he runs around a lot. 

I think you've missed my point, Harry. In the time Vera has had previously on the pitch, he has shown almost nothing, but got his chance yesterday. What I am saying is that he now has to prove that he's worth a starting place ahead of the others, and then maintain it.

Azankpo and Wilson have had their chances and done very little, although the service to them has been poor. Give Vera the proper service and give him his chance of he warrants it. Nothing to do with running around a lot, although I'd always want to see pace up front provided it has an end product.

As I said, it's down to him to prove himself ahead of the others. But I think one problem is that he isn't mobile or pacey enough to be up front on his own.

32 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I think you've missed my point, Harry. In the time Vera has had previously on the pitch, he has shown almost nothing, but got his chance yesterday. What I am saying is that he now has to prove that he's worth a starting place ahead of the others, and then maintain it.

Azankpo and Wilson have had their chances and done very little, although the service to them has been poor. Give Vera the proper service and give him his chance of he warrants it. Nothing to do with running around a lot, although I'd always want to see pace up front provided it has an end product.

As I said, it's down to him to prove himself ahead of the others. But I think one problem is that he isn't mobile or pacey enough to be up front on his own.

Wilson has had his chances?! What by being played on the wing? Both him and desire need a striker to play off not playing up top on their own. 

23 hours ago, ddot_m said:

Maouche has the occasional moment of quality, does put in enough effort, but is usually rubbish and a bit of a fanny.

FIFY

i wonder if we would all be complaining if we was in the top ten ? probably...i just hope this goal for vera sparks abit of confidence in him .Right place at right time   and thats all you can ask for from a forward... looking forward to home game next week one we can certainly win, Vera will probably go to pieces next week due to playing at boundary park, but he wouldnt be the first , had many boo boy forwards wearing the oldham Jersey..

7 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

i wonder if we would all be complaining if we was in the top ten ? probably...i just hope this goal for vera sparks abit of confidence in him .Right place at right time   and thats all you can ask for from a forward... looking forward to home game next week one we can certainly win, Vera will probably go to pieces next week due to playing at boundary park, but he wouldnt be the first , had many boo boy forwards wearing the oldham Jersey..

His problem is he has been playing too deep, needs to be in and around the penalty  area with attacking central midfielders closely supporting, not stood on the half way line.

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

Firstly, we are 3rd from bottom with 1 win, and secondly we haven't at any point looked like a top ten team.

Personally hope Vera doesn't start at home on his own up top or he will get killed. Doesn't do enough running the line, and we would end up very defensive at home as we would struggle to get high up the pitch. Needs another to keep the defensive pressed back. Lets not let 1 goal make us assume he is suddenly a world beater. He has been largely shit up to yet and will probably remain so, whilst still chipping in the odd goal.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, HarryBosch said:

You forgot to log back in as Shucks.

On 8/12/2019 at 12:31 PM, unsworthlatic said:

Maouche – Embarrassment! Struts around the pitch as if he owns the place. Sadly, his mate does! Can be a decent footballer but ego driven and “nobody is better than me” attitude when everybody else clearly is creates an issue. Takes all set pieces, most of which are crap and offers very little in a midfield two. How this guy is captain is beyond me. Once again, we all know why he is. 3/10

So, enlighten me; given that we all knew why Maouche is captain, what actually changed?

31 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Have people not noticed that absolute calamity the keeper had for Vera’s goal??

Well he is a big presence, probably the best tactic for him to stand in front of  keepers for set plays.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So, enlighten me; given that we all knew why Maouche is captain, what actually changed?

Maybe AL and ML thought shit were are gonna get relegated here if we persist with this no mark, maybe we should try handing it to a leader of men with a career and reputation that's unquestionable?

Ground breaking I know for a couple of stubborn fools but they could hardly carry on cutting their nose of to spite their face given the results we mustered under MM.

Archived