• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2019 at 3:25 PM, kowenicki said:

Pathetic isn’t it.  Any positivity is jumped on.  It’s not allowed.  It’s now clear to me that some posters hate AL*  more than they love Oldham these days. 

*including anything and anyone who in their view is associated with him. 

A silly comment from a (usually reasoned) contributor. Some of us have made an exceedingly difficult decision (i.e. boycott) as a means of hopefully bringing about longer term beneficial change. Others don't care about the club as much.

See - two sides to a coin kow - sounds silly to you doesn't it?

28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

A silly comment from a (usually reasoned) contributor. Some of us have made an exceedingly difficult decision (i.e. boycott) as a means of hopefully bringing about longer term beneficial change. Others don't care about the club as much.

See - two sides to a coin kow - sounds silly to you doesn't it?

No it doesn’t sound silly. I didn’t say ALL people who are boycotting feel the way I described did I?  I said ‘some’.... 

Just like there are ‘some’ who seem to think the owner is some kind of hero. 

Both are misguided imo. 

22 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Just ban the troll full stop.

How am I a troll. The last game Vera started we won and he scored. The other strikers that have since replaced him have had miles more chances in starting games and haven't scored. How is it unreasonable to think we should be starting with Vera?

8 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

How am I a troll. The last game Vera started we won and he scored. The other strikers that have since replaced him have had miles more chances in starting games and haven't scored. How is it unreasonable to think we should be starting with Vera?

Have you actually seen him play ??

I'm not one to knock any of our players but fail to see much in the way of redeeming features in his game.

He's painfully slow, can't get off the ground to contest aerial battles and his finishing is poor when he does eventually gets near the box. 

He may well be a nice guy with a great personality but that won't win us games even at this low level.

If your posts are meant to be taken seriously then I would respectfully suggest you need to change your leisure activities.  

17 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Just stop.

48 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Just stop.

41 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Fuck em shucky. I'm with you. We can have these....

I ask a reasonable question and the fact you respond with 'Just stop' shows that you either can't have a reasonable debate or don't have an answer for the question.

50 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'm not one to knock any of our players but fail to see much in the way of redeeming features in his game.

He's painfully slow, can't get off the ground to contest aerial battles and his finishing is poor when he does eventually gets near the box. 

He may well be a nice guy with a great personality but that won't win us games even at this low level.

If your posts are meant to be taken seriously then I would respectfully suggest you need to change your leisure activities.  

The only game we won he started and scored. I've seen plenty of players at this level who are slow and don't do much but still have a knack of scoring goals. 

Not sure why I can't have an opinion that's different to you or others on here. It's like we should just all agree Vera is rubbish. Are people not allowed different views?

Yes I've seen him play a few times and I feel he has something to offer. How many games have the other strikers started this season? Look at how many minutes they have played and the number of goals they have this season. 

2 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

The only game we won he started and scored. I've seen plenty of players at this level who are slow and don't do much but still have a knack of scoring goals. 

Not sure why I can't have an opinion that's different to you or others on here. It's like we should just all agree Vera is rubbish. Are people not allowed different views?

Yes I've seen him play a few times and I feel he has something to offer. How many games have the other strikers started this season? Look at how many minutes they have played and the number of goals they have this season. 

I'd love to see Shez manage him. 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Feeding the little weirdo 

Just to confirm minutes, games and goals this season

Scott Wilson - 6 games - 0 goals - 333 minutes

Urko Vera - 4 games - 1 goal - 122 minutes

Segbe Azankpo - 6 games - 0 goals - 333 minutes

How can you defend these numbers for our other two strikers yet constantly berate Vera. 

15 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

How can you defend these numbers for our other two strikers yet constantly berate Vera. 

Wheater  up front?

30 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

And he played how many minutes last season while scoring one penalty that the keeper could have saved by throwing his cap on it?  Playing immobile lumps is fine if they are regularly in the right place at the right time and tapping them in.

Archived