26 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He started as well as the rest of them those first 15 minutes. Some nice link up play, started the move for the goal and was then as poor as the rest of them were for the rest of the match.

Why single him out? 

Because despite the rest of the outfield players being horrifically bad... He clearly stood out as the worst

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Fruitygoo said:

Because despite the rest of the outfield players being horrifically bad... He clearly stood out as the worst

Did he, really?

Maouche and Branger were terrible. Sefil too. Nepo, Stott, Hamer are players I like but were poor by their usual standards. Eagles did nothing. Smith Brown was a bit meh. Wilson shite. 

Azankpo did fuck all but I don't  mind that - I think he's an "all he does is score" type which some of you will hate but will be fine by me. 

Mills was good. 

Woods seemed ok but we've become used to keepers who save penalties... 

Actually thinking back Vera probably did more than anyone bar Mills in those first 15 minutes after which he was as poor as his mates for the rest of his time on the pitch..

50 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He started as well as the rest of them those first 15 minutes. Some nice link up play, started the move for the goal and was then as poor as the rest of them were for the rest of the match.

Why single him out? 

I didn't go yesterday, but I doubt the assessment is based on just the one game...

As has been said elsewhere, it's like he's won a competition. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Why single him out? 

I agree with you that the majority of the team were poor yesterday. Assuming he wasn't injured, of course, the fact that Vera did not appear for the second half might indicate that the coach/whoever else has a say thought he was particularly poor too?

30 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I agree with you that the majority of the team were poor yesterday. Assuming he wasn't injured, of course, the fact that Vera did not appear for the second half might indicate that the coach/whoever else has a say thought he was particularly poor too?

Like Mills?

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

No point me repeating what Harry has just wrote.

I am serious and if he is a fraud then you have half a squad full of them too :OASISscarf:

No really he was dog shit. Infact he gave the term a whole new meaning.

It was actually embarrassing watching him.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Did he, really?

Maouche and Branger were terrible. Sefil too. Nepo, Stott, Hamer are players I like but were poor by their usual standards. Eagles did nothing. Smith Brown was a bit meh. Wilson shite. 

Azankpo did fuck all but I don't  mind that - I think he's an "all he does is score" type which some of you will hate but will be fine by me. 

Mills was good. 

Woods seemed ok but we've become used to keepers who save penalties... 

Actually thinking back Vera probably did more than anyone bar Mills in those first 15 minutes after which he was as poor as his mates for the rest of his time on the pitch..

i would like to see eagles given more game time than yesterday and he didnt really get into the game , Correct with Vera, the goal came from Vera winning the ball near half way line as it was him winning the ball and spraying it wide ,  but he yes disappeared from the game after 20 mins or so(will not mention the header🙈). I also would like to see Wheater and Sott together at the back but how long that would last for not sure because Tomos will probably go straight in when fit

Yes Woods played well but the save he pulled you expect a decent keeper to be pulling them stops off

No idea why mills got subbed and was he being played out of position? looked like he was.. Anyway roll on Blackburn away from home hopefully get a positve cup result which will set us up nicely for Bradford away who havent started to good either,  there for the taking  i believe 

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Well said,

I would sooner have Vera in my starting 11 than some of the other wasters on show.

Have you been drinking, Vera was a laughing stock of a player, he can’t run, can’t pass, cant shoot, can’t head or trap the proverbial.

if he plays again then there is something seriously wrong.

it Is going to be a long bloody season😕

Just now, Ricardo said:

Have you been drinking, Vera was a laughing stock of a player, he can’t run, can’t pass, cant shoot, can’t head or trap the proverbial.

if he plays again then there is something seriously wrong.

it Is going to be a long bloody season😕

Every single one of these foreign players is shit, some are really shit and some are not quite as shit.

Vera is shit but Branger yesterday was more shit than Vera.

The only players to emerge with anything other than a totally shit rating were Woods,Mills and Hamer for me, which kind of backs up my suggestion that there are 50 shades of shit at BP just now,yes Vera shouldn't be turning out for Oldham Athletic but neither should many others who kindly entertained us yesterday.

This is the worst Latics team i have ever seen but if i want to defend the Pinata wearing the 9 shirt i will do,at least he made me laugh and smile temporarily yesterday :tongue1:

39 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Anyway roll on Blackburn away from home hopefully get a positve cup result which will set us up nicely for Bradford away who havent started to good either,  there for the taking  i believe 

Delusional

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Why single him out? 

Because he is a feckin joke and if he is our first choice striker we will almost certainly be playing in the National League next year.......but don’t worry, I’m not trying to single him out, most of the players our North African football agents have signed are terrible so I won’t be blaming him as none of this is his fault.

.......in fact, I blame the following:

Chris Moore for being a crook

The so called 3 Amigos for being charlatans

Blitz in particular and.his property scams

Corney for his death by a thousand cuts policy and for selling half a club to the Moroccan joker

Al and his Brothers and their football agent scams

The EFL for its farcical “fit and proper person” test and lack of action on football finances

The Trust for being absolutely ineffectual 

The original “fans representative” Barry Owen for being there throughout and yet saying nothing and doing nothing

and finally, the Premier League and their co-conspirators Sky for helping to create the greed driven, global brand bullshit that every club is now obsessed with achieving even if it means risking the club’ very existence!

8 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Because he is a feckin joke and if he is our first choice striker we will almost certainly be playing in the National League next year.......but don’t worry, I’m not trying to single him out, most of the players our North African football agents have signed are terrible so I won’t be blaming him as none of this is his fault.

.......in fact, I blame the following:

Chris Moore for being a crook

The so called 3 Amigos for being charlatans

Blitz in particular and.his property scams

Corney for his death by a thousand cuts policy and for selling half a club to the Moroccan joker

Al and his Brothers and their football agent scams

The EFL for its farcical “fit and proper person” test and lack of action on football finances

The Trust for being absolutely ineffectual 

The original “fans representative” Barry Owen for being there throughout and yet saying nothing and doing nothing

and finally, the Premier League and their co-conspirators Sky for helping to create the greed driven, global brand bullshit that every club is now obsessed with achieving even if it means risking the club’ very existence!

Maybe someone should set up a rival football league. With salary caps and the like.

Anyone ever seen the film Baseketball?

Archived