Crewe (H)

1 minute ago, mad4it said:

Had we decided to go for broke, instead of trying to defend ( time wasting cost us today) a 1-0 lead, we would have sat , 4 points off the play offs with a game in hand 

Yes, but we didn’t.  However, no need to go overboard. 

Perspective. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Probably not his best game? He was utterly useless, only beaten in his uselessness by Bentecke.  

It was the attack that was the problem, not the midfield. Once those two clowns came on the midfield had no out and when the ball did go forward it just came straight back. 

He was inexplicably on the right because he was ineffective on the left.

Had he decided to put a few crosses in rather than showboat, maybe we could have made a better show of it. 

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

He was inexplicably on the right because he was ineffective on the left.

Had he decided to put a few crosses in rather than showboat, maybe we could have made a better show of it. 

Didnt see you comment after his performance on Tuesday... curious.  Let’s see how he does in the next game.  

Several comments already about the joke of a referee. The icing on the cake was giving them a free kick for a player being hit in the face by a ball. In nearly fifty years of watching football I've never seen that before. He typifies the breed of referee who think they should be the centre of attention.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes, but we didn’t.  However, no need to go overboard. 

Perspective. 

Not really going overboard, just making a general observation, but the lack of desire team to try and get the decisive goal is worrying , we needed someone to step up to the mark and stick their head in were it hurts and today no one was willing to do that 

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Several comments already about the joke of a referee. The icing on the cake was giving them a free kick for a player being hit in the face by a ball. In nearly fifty years of watching football I've never seen that before. He typifies the breed of referee who think they should be the centre of attention.

So that WAS what happened then! I was sure thats what happened initially, but then when the ref gave a free kick, I thought I must have been wrong!

Subs were made ten minutes too early. 

Branger over did it on occasions, but I like him and Nepo on the wings. 

Thought Maouche was pretty anonymous. 

We sat too deep. 

We need to scout the lower leagues for a similar player to Matt Smith to play up front for us. 

The alleged referee must've won a competition to officiate..

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We sat too deep. 

We need to scout the lower leagues for a similar player to Matt Smith to play up front for us. 

Here's one for you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Beck

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We sat too deep. 

Agree on Branger and Nepo.  Maouche is playing a deeper role now and I dont think he put a foot wrong, great range of passing and putting his foot in when required. Class act. 

22 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Sané hits the ball into the keeper's face, the ball goes in and the goal is allowed to stand for Citeh. Outrageous.

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Agree on Branger and Nepo.  Maouche is playing a deeper role now and I dont think he put a foot wrong, great range of passing and putting his foot in when required. Class act. 

He has done well since dropping deeper with Jose ahead of him. However, when he was moved forward after Jose was subbed, he was pretty anonymous.

His positional discipline, which I think you may have first pointed out (apologies to the relevant poster if it wasn’t you), noticeably contributes to his performance when he sits deeper alongside Missilou.

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Foundations for the new houses. 

What do you mean "the trust never told us"

Fuck's sake, I wouldn't have bought one of the old terraces if I'd known they were building houses next to my seat. 

Someone please tell Branger you can pass the  ball before attempting to nutmeg every fucking time. He cost us today more than anyone else imo. Slowing play down when we had good numbers forward and a simple pass on numerous times. Selfish prick. 

Thought Baxter looked decent fir large parts and you can see Dearnley is gonna be an asset for us. 

We needed the second goal which would have killed it off. When we didn’t get it I just knew they’d score. 

Not the end of the world or season yet though. Win on Tuesday and we are still in it. 

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I know they had to try-wrap the net at half time due to their being a big hole in it. 

Haha...it was the AC tyres half time thingy. Ball had gone over and had been chucked back and it went right through..haha raised a few eyebrows. The zip tie fixed it

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Someone please tell Branger you can pass the  ball before attempting to nutmeg every fucking time. He cost us today more than anyone else imo. Slowing play down when we had good numbers forward and a simple pass on numerous times. Selfish prick. 

Thought Baxter looked decent fir large parts and you can see Dearnley is gonna be an asset for us. 

We needed the second goal which would have killed it off. When we didn’t get it I just knew they’d score. 

Not the end of the world or season yet though. Win on Tuesday and we are still in it. 

Up boat, the amount of times he got into the box and did nothing was ridiculous