Crewe (H)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, josh_latics said:

JBE's playing well. Full-backs are scared of him at the moment, and he's good to watch. 

Nope. He’s only bothered about himself. As long as he puts a few decent tricks in he’s not bothered about the result. Really wouldn’t be bothered if he didn’t play for us again. Waste of a wage a long with a few others.

We’re not going up and we’re not going down. Hopefully Scholes doesn’t leave during the summer and we can properly build. 

We have some great players who should be playing above League 2 but we have some players who balance it out who probably couldn’t compete in the conference north.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

5 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nope. He’s only bothered about himself. As long as he puts a few decent tricks in he’s not bothered about the result. Really wouldn’t be bothered if he didn’t play for us again. Waste of a wage a long with a few others.

We’re not going up and we’re not going down. Hopefully Scholes doesn’t leave during the summer and we can properly build. 

We have some great players who should be playing above League 2 but we have some players who balance it out who probably couldn’t compete in the conference north.

100% to your first point, Branger is good on the eye with his drag backs and tricks but strangely feels the need to go back again once he's created the space or half a yard to lay the ball off or stick a nice cross in, early doors he had little joy down the left but once he shifted flanks he seemed to be getting results but he's so hot or cold it's infuriating at times.

We have more than enough quality for this division but Scholes will have his work cut out on a couple of things, getting them to work as a collective group where we defend as a team, Branger particularly doesn't care much for this side of the game and there's nothing worse as a forward pressing the ball down when you have a lazy cunt who can't be arsed to put a graft in and he gives then an easy out ball the other is our shape once our best 11 went off the pitch because our front 6 were near on non existent as an attacking threat.

Right, day after and still very disappointed at that lame performance.

If we are to make amends with a win on Tuesday and get a possible bonus win at a very difficult trip to Bury then everything is good.

I thought the withdrawal of Baxter was too soon yesterday in light of the fact that the bench offers very little in the way of attacking threat, the player himself looked to be thinking the same.

The injury to Lang and a tiring Dearnley left us toothless up front for the last 30 mins. That said, we should have made a better fist of it and seen the game out easily.

Nepo should have been moved up the pitch to try to provide a bit of service for a central COG and Benteke  as the showboating Branger looked more like a Morris man than a winger dancing about on the right.

Even if we don't make the playoffs it would be nice to see a concerted effort from the players to get as much from the last 14 games as possible.

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

slows us down and he's just not on the same wavelength as his teamates. 

That’s O’Grady’s role in the team  , which is to hold up the ball , slow down the play and stop midfield and defence being overrun. 

12 hours ago, josh_latics said:

JBE's playing well. Full-backs are scared of him at the moment, and he's good to watch. 

Yeah it’s really great to see him ignoring his teammates and just continuing like Maradona until he’s tackled. 

FFS he does show glimpses of technical ability but then has no football brain to do anything positive with it. Beat a man ONCE and deliver it for crying out loud. Sometimes the simple ball is the best and only option. He’s not a team player, and he’s nowhere near good enough to be a one man team. I’m really hoping he’s not a starter when the West Ham lad is available. 

32 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah it’s really great to see him ignoring his teammates and just continuing like Maradona until he’s tackled. 

FFS he does show glimpses of technical ability but then has no football brain to do anything positive with it. Beat a man ONCE and deliver it for crying out loud. Sometimes the simple ball is the best and only option. He’s not a team player, and he’s nowhere near good enough to be a one man team. I’m really hoping he’s not a starter when the West Ham lad is available. 

Seemed to be a team player when he was laying Baxter's goal on a plate the other night.

It's amazing how recent form/goals/assists get forgotten off the back of one frustrating team performance.

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Seemed to be a team player when he was laying Baxter's goal on a plate the other night.

It's amazing how recent form/goals/assists get forgotten off the back of one frustrating team performance.

I think that Branger has gotten a little too confident  - yesterday was an example of a player trying to do too much. A quiet word from Paul Scholes and I think we’ll see a better performance from Johan on Tuesday.

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Isn't that the point though? He (apparently - long distance fan here too!) shows he has talent but doesn't seem to be bothered/is incapable of stringing it together consistently?

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I take it all back then. My bad. He’s been great all season. 

Hes had had a couple of decent games recently. He was gash before that. I just want better team players. 

Watching the highlights back as I had to work. Absolute howler by iverson for their goal. Should be off his line to collect and even if he stays where he is shys away from a 50/50 ball. Then on the other hand quick thinking for our goal and a well hit kick from his hands. 2 points dropped. 

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Right, day after and still very disappointed at that lame performance.

If we are to make amends with a win on Tuesday and get a possible bonus win at a very difficult trip to Bury then everything is good.

I thought the withdrawal of Baxter was too soon yesterday in light of the fact that the bench offers very little in the way of attacking threat, the player himself looked to be thinking the same.

The injury to Lang and a tiring Dearnley left us toothless up front for the last 30 mins. That said, we should have made a better fist of it and seen the game out easily.

Nepo should have been moved up the pitch to try to provide a bit of service for a central COG and Benteke  as the showboating Branger looked more like a Morris man than a winger dancing about on the right.

Even if we don't make the playoffs it would be nice to see a concerted effort from the players to get as much from the last 14 games as possible.

You'd think Scholes will tell Branger to lift his head and pass the ball instead of trying to beat the same man 3 times.

He must also have noticed how vulnerable we are to far post crosses, first of all stop the crosses coming, if they can't get defenders (including the keeper) to be more switched on and attack the the ball.

Dearnley may be more useful as a sub doing to the opposition what the Crewe number 16 did to us yesterday. He changed the game.

Definitely need a good strike parner for Lang, who is running hinself into the ground at the moment. Benteke, O' Grady and Vera just don't fit the bill.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I take it all back then. My bad. He’s been great all season. 

Hes had had a couple of decent games recently. He was gash before that. I just want better team players. 

Eh? You were the one who's been dealing in absolutes.  You said he was "not a team player" and wanted him dropped.  I just gave one example of him setting up a very recent goal.  I could also have given a few more, he's apparently got 6 assists this season (joint 9th in league).  I said nothing about him being great all season, I just think we should be looking to develop his talent and harness it better rather than dropping him the moment he has a bit of an ineffective game.

He's a young lad with plenty of technical ability who often gets double marked.  Not surprisingly he needs to get better at when to go for it himself and when to look for a team mate.  One for the coaches to work on.