Crewe (H)

The  main problem I see with JBE is the total inability to use hiss right foot , so many times he beats his man then instead of laying a pass with his right foot he has to cut back onto his left , usually having to beat the man he has just got past to try and lay the ball off to someone coming on his inside 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Eh? You were the one who's been dealing in absolutes.  You said he was "not a team player" and wanted him dropped.  I just gave one example of him setting up a very recent goal.  I could also have given a few more, he's apparently got 6 assists this season (joint 9th in league).  I said nothing about him being great all season, I just think we should be looking to develop his talent and harness it better rather than dropping him the moment he has a bit of an ineffective game.

He's a young lad with plenty of technical ability who often gets double marked.  Not surprisingly he needs to get better at when to go for it himself and when to look for a team mate.  One for the coaches to work on.

He’s a selfish fucker. Out for himself. You like him. I don’t. End of the discussion for me. 

44 minutes ago, madlatic said:

The  main problem I see with JBE is the total inability to use hiss right foot , so many times he beats his man then instead of laying a pass with his right foot he has to cut back onto his left , usually having to beat the man he has just got past to try and lay the ball off to someone coming on his inside 

I’ll give you that. He’s extremely left footed. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Eh? You were the one who's been dealing in absolutes.  You said he was "not a team player" and wanted him dropped.  I just gave one example of him setting up a very recent goal.  I could also have given a few more, he's apparently got 6 assists this season (joint 9th in league).  I said nothing about him being great all season, I just think we should be looking to develop his talent and harness it better rather than dropping him the moment he has a bit of an ineffective game.

He's a young lad with plenty of technical ability who often gets double marked.  Not surprisingly he needs to get better at when to go for it himself and when to look for a team mate.  One for the coaches to work on.

No no no. You haven’t been paying attention. He’s never going to a footballer... just as was said about Nepo, Missile and Maouche. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He’s a selfish fucker. Out for himself. You like him. I don’t. End of the discussion for me. 

You’re entitled to your opinion. 

And I’m entitled to say he’s been involved in 6 of our last 8 goals. So yeah, I’m willing give him a bit longer in the side. 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

You’re entitled to your opinion. 

And I’m entitled to say he’s been involved in 6 of our last 8 goals. So yeah, I’m willing give him a bit longer in the side. 

And trust me mate nobody would be more delighted if he turns it around (imo he needs to) I will always give credit when it’s due and and will only support our players when I’m there. You won’t find me criticising from the sidelines. But he does get on my nerves to say the least. 

Scholes not blaming the pitch but...

"We struggled to create a bit today I suppose. It's difficult on that pitch, I don't want to make excuses because I know the players are good enough to do better than what they did today, but we're asking them to play football, asking them to create chances and score goals on that pitch it became difficult to really get any kind of play going that we would of hoped for.

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Scholes not blaming the pitch but...

"We struggled to create a bit today I suppose. It's difficult on that pitch, I don't want to make excuses because I know the players are good enough to do better than what they did today, but we're asking them to play football, asking them to create chances and score goals on that pitch it became difficult to really get any kind of play going that we would of hoped for.

He's got a point, maybe it can be put right by way of a steamroller before Tuesday?

I’m not big (knowledge wise) on tactics and formations but I can easily understand the constantly recurring difficulty ‘all’ teams have with consistency. It’s impossibly difficult, even at the top of the Premier League. 

While not involved last Saturday, Scholes would probably have been known within the camp as a done deal. A second half prerformance superior to the first half resulted in a 0-3 away win. Tuesday night was not brilliant first half - much better second half with two late goals perhaps flattering us overall. 

Yesterday, first half, we knocked the ball about accuractly as well as I have seen this season. But not in the second half. 

Inconsistency! What fans the world over never seem to factor in is the other team is constantly adapting, reforming and changing how they deal with our threats and visa versus. 

The best managed team with the best players, over a season, will generally come out on top. But not without their fans having a hissy fit every time a point/s are dropped. 

It has been so since I started watching football 65yrs ago. Yesterday, Crewe sussed us out, changed personnel, found our weak spot and ‘earned a point. 

Meanwhile, our last 3 games have earned us 7pts for a an average of 2.3pts per game. On track for the play-offs.

We’re doing OK. 

It’s true what they say ‘you can’t win them all’ and a game of football is arguably the most fiendishly difficult way to try. 

5 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

I’m not big (knowledge wise) on tactics and formations but I can easily understand the constantly recurring difficulty ‘all’ teams have with consistency. It’s impossibly difficult, even at the top of the Premier League. 

While not involved last Saturday, Scholes would probably have been known within the camp as a done deal. A second half prerformance superior to the first half resulted in a 0-3 away win. Tuesday night was not brilliant first half - much better second half with two late goals perhaps flattering us overall. 

Yesterday, first half, we knocked the ball about accuractly as well as I have seen this season. But not in the second half. 

Inconsistency! What fans the world over never seem to factor in is the other team is constantly adapting, reforming and changing how they deal with our threats and visa versus. 

The best managed team with the best players, over a season, will generally come out on top. But not without their fans having a hissy fit every time a point/s are dropped. 

It has been so since I started watching football 65yrs ago. Yesterday, Crewe sussed us out, changed personnel, found our weak spot and ‘earned a point. 

Meanwhile, our last 3 games have earned us 7pts for a an average of 2.3pts per game. On track for the play-offs.

We’re doing OK. 

It’s true what they say ‘you can’t win them all’ and a game of football is arguably the most fiendishly difficult way to try. 

Triple double upboat. Great post. Football would be a piece of piss if not for the pesky opposition... 

You will know better than me but how quickly can you change the mindset of a player in their mid 20s?

Also taking into account, nothing of note will have taken place last Tuesday. Day after a match would be light training (I'm guessing), Thursday possibly full on training, Friday light training and tactics (again I'm guessing).

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

You will know better than me but how quickly can you change the mindset of a player in their mid 20s?

Also taking into account, nothing of note will have taken place last Tuesday. Day after a match would be light training (I'm guessing), Thursday possibly full on training, Friday light training and tactics (again I'm guessing).

I'm sure Banger will have had his failings pointed out to him by previous managers.  Hopefully he'll take  notice of what Scholes tells him.

5 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

I'm sure Banger will have had his failings pointed out to him by previous managers.  Hopefully he'll take  notice of what Scholes tells him.

I can partly agree although what Nicky Banger has got to do with this topic, I'm not sure.

He seemed to come to the fore under PW. In France and at the level he was playing at, he my have been highly rated at his club.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Its a very good point. I doubt anyone would get Branger to change his ways in a week or even at all at this stage in his career

Im not sure we should try either, hes very much a tricks and flicks type of player and really their is nothing wrong with trying these things to beat opponents in the opposition 3rd, it will create chances and goals. We've just got to try and get him to do it when it pays off, and try at other times to keep it simple. A ball straight into the box into a good area or a simple lay off to teammate can sometimes be just as effective.

Edited by GlossopLatic