Crewe (H)

3 minutes ago, mad4it said:

Probably not O’Grady’s best game, but we lost it (again) in midfield , we just can’t hold the ball and defence ends up getting swamped 

Probably not his best game? He was utterly useless, only beaten in his uselessness by Bentecke.  

It was the attack that was the problem, not the midfield. Once those two clowns came on the midfield had no out and when the ball did go forward it just came straight back. 

Edited by kowenicki

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say we got what we deserved. We slowed the game down and time delayed a lot.

Don't think crewe were much in it unti 86th min when i think they got their 1st corner.

Feels like a loss..but its a point. Now time to drink and roar newport on

Edited by underdog

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

So did Nepomuceno (at full back), Hunt wasn't great today. But he's spent an awful lot of time on the bench since being injured in December. 

I like Hunt but it's not the first time he's looked poor. 

I’m sure that 2 months on the naughty step hasn’t helped and neither has playing and did playing at right back when his natural position is on the left 

Baxter had a good first half, best I've seen Maouche over 90 minutes, Nepo very good but Edmondson was my man of the match.

Fitness and injuries looked an issue last half hour just hope we can turn it round for Morecambe on Tuesday. 

What's wrong with Vera today? Not even on the bench.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Baxter had a good first half, best I've seen Maouche over 90 minutes, Nepo very good but Edmondson was my man of the match.

Fitness and injuries looked an issue last half hour just hope we can turn it round for Morecambe on Tuesday. 

👍

4 minutes ago, mad4it said:

I’m sure that 2 months on the naughty step hasn’t helped and neither has playing and did playing at right back when his natural position is on the left 

Except when we signed him we was a RB he was converted to a LB here out of necessity. 

3 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Totally gutted.We outplayed Crewe and deserved to win but we must get that that vital  second goal and be more ruthless when on top.Again crap ref cost us.

2nd half Crewe were far better than us, you are right about the ref, crap doesn't even cover it, over fussy and blew for any sort of contact. 

Subs weakened us enormously...get the Forest & West Ham loanees out there and I hope we would be much stronger.

Considering they were fresh against a tiring defence Benteke & GOG were poor.

I think Crewe probably deserved something from that even though it was due to us sitting back and trying to hang on and protect what was a precarious lead.

A little disappointed but a win Tuesday will make the Bury game interesting.

I hope the pitch is sorted for next season as it’s absolutely shite yet again!!

Just now, disjointed said:

2nd half Crewe were far better than us, you are right about the ref, crap doesn't even cover it, over fussy and blew for any sort of contact. 

He was only over fussy for us. He let them get away with getting at least 5 yards advantage regularly. 

His bounce-up where he blocks our midfielder in what was supposed to be a 50:50 bounce up, after giving the ball a weird spin release summed him up. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Filming

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Ref was garbage, so was his linesman. For both sides though if I am honest. There is a real problem in English football with the level of refereeing, it’s actually embarassing at times. I thought 1-1 was a fair result also, and as bad as the ref was, that wasn’t the reason we didn’t win.

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Probably not his best game? He was utterly useless, only beaten in his uselessness by Bentecke.  

It was the attack that was the problem, not the midfield. Once those two clowns came on the midfield had no out and when the ball did go forward it just came straight back. 

That’s because we sat too deep and didn’t close them down and started hitting hopeful ball towards O’Grady and expecting him to win them , the state of the pitch also didn’t help, ... on this evidence Scholes has got his work cut out 

2 minutes ago, mad4it said:

That’s because we sat too deep and didn’t close them down and started hitting hopeful ball towards O’Grady and expecting him to win them , the state of the pitch also didn’t help, ... on this evidence Scholes has got his work cut out 

Do do you agree it is likely that we will win on Tuesday? 

Ref pathetic, nepo is really really good! The Utd kid isn’t a striker, bragner is a waste of time show pony. How many time did he fuck about in thier box, just pass the thing ! COG isn’t to blame, pointless him bein up top essentially on his own. Hope Lang isn’t serious injury, he is prob our best player with nepo. 

Branger may have had a few good games, but he wasn’t the best today. Slowed us down on the break trying to get the ball back on to his left side. 

Doesn’t take much homework for oppositions to pass on to their full backs that if he plays on the left he will try to beat you down the line and if he’s on the right he will cut in. Every time! Possibly come up with abit of skill 1 in 4 runs to beat you. Otherwise just stand him up and he will more than likely give the ball away 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Do do you agree it is likely that we will win on Tuesday? 

It’s a game we should win by 2 or 3 goals, but we should have won today by 2 or 3 goals and not sure why we decided to sit deep in the second half . Hopefully the Lacovitti and Afolayan will be fit for Tuesday, which will give Scholes s few more options 

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Branger..................... LOL :chubb:

Here he is. 🤡

Branger. Not his best game, but was inexplicably out on the right hand side for large parts of the game, guess you missed that?  Still had some nice touches and interactions though. Hunt, who you have screaming out for over recent weeks, was poor... really poor. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, mad4it said:

It’s a game we should win by 2 or 3 goals, but we should have won today by 2 or 3 goals and not sure why we decided to sit deep in the second half . Hopefully the Lacovitti and Afolayan will be fit for Tuesday, which will give Scholes s few more options 

Crewe have lost 1 in 10 and sit second in the form table. 

We will win Tuesday and be 3 outside the play offs. 

Perspective. 

Agreed subs didn't work out today.

If we are pressing up the field we need all forwards to work as one.

Branger needs to play ball quicker when one on one

Still havnt seen anyone better than us so got to keep on playing with a quicker tempo which causes defenders at this level problems

Once again poor ref who was backed up by a poor lino on the moan stand side.

Roll on Tuesday with a stronger bench please and play to feet. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Crewe have lost 1 in 10 and sit second in the form table. 

We will win Tuesday and be 3 outside the play offs. 

Perspective. 

Had we decided to go for broke, instead of trying to defend ( time wasting cost us today) a 1-0 lead, we would have sat , 4 points off the play offs with a game in hand