Crewe (H)

2 minutes ago, rosa said:

Fuck's sake, I wouldn't have bought one of the old terraces if I'd known they were building houses next to my seat. 

Lapsed planning permision was in for nhs flats to run pararell with the back of frizzel stand onto and up sheepfoot lane

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Up boat, the amount of times he got into the box and did nothing was ridiculous 

I’ve not been a fan of his at all tbh. Credit where it’s due he’s played well in a couple of recents games by most accounts but to me that is not enough over the course of a full season. I hope we get rid next season. 

22 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Up boat, the amount of times he got into the box and did nothing was ridiculous 

Maybe he didn't have a decent striker in the box to hit?

"Being entertained" seems to be an important factor in a lot of people's "matchday experience". I think him having the confidence to try to make the opposition player look silly by nutmegging him, etc. is a good thing...

What a clusterfuck that was.  I thought after Tuesday anyone with half a brain could see how poor Chris O'Grady is.  Wrong!  Lang injured and on with the 'clusterfuck'.  First long ball watched the defender.  Second long ball didn't even leave the ground.  All he had to do was hold the ball.  Not once.  A nice flick on the only positive bit of play.  Everyone else played their part but Chris O'Grady let us down.  We would have been better off taking Lang off and replacing him with no one.

Disappointed?  You bet two points thrown away.

12 minutes ago, Hands on said:

What a clusterfuck that was.  I thought after Tuesday anyone with half a brain could see how poor Chris O'Grady is.  Wrong!  Lang injured and on with the 'clusterfuck'.  First long ball watched the defender.  Second long ball didn't even leave the ground.  All he had to do was hold the ball.  Not once.  A nice flick on the only positive bit of play.  Everyone else played their part but Chris O'Grady let us down.  We would have been better off taking Lang off and replacing him with no one.

The same player who scored a hat-trick against the side now 2nd in the table. 

He has his uses but playing him up front on his own with no one within 25 yards is not one of them. 

Definately 2 points dropped, the officiating again was absolutely shite aswell (did he really give a freekick against us when the ball hit their lad in the face?)...Not happy but at least we didnt lose which im sure we would have if they had equalised in say the 60th min..As soon as Lang and Baxter went off we lost any hope we had going forward..

Dearnley is still to get match fitness and looked knackered after 50 mins.. I have seen better players in sunday league footy than Benteke..

lets hope Langs knock isnt too bad and he is fine for Bury, i think tuesday will be too soon..

11 minutes ago, Hands on said:

We'd honestly of been better throwing Nepo upfront for the last 20 minutes and bringing Stott on at fullback, Scholes must be cringing watching someone like O'Grady huffing and puffing and ultimately doing fuck all.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Maybe he didn't have a decent striker in the box to hit?

"Being entertained" seems to be an important factor in a lot of people's "matchday experience". I think him having the confidence to try to make the opposition player look silly by nutmegging him, etc. is a good thing...

Entertaining is a ball in the box, not some clown thinking he’s ronaldo. Doing shit!

41 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Load of bollocks! O’grady over the full season has been a lot better than most. If you put someone like cog on, there has to be someone to feed off him.

5 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Sounded like we started playing for 1-0 with 30mins to go

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Naive and too much show boating in the last 15.

5 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Embarrassing time wasting by Oldham in the last 20 minutes. Got what we deserved.

4 hours ago, mad4it said:

Probably not O’Grady’s best game, but we lost it (again) in midfield , we just can’t hold the ball and defence ends up getting swamped 

The above comments sum it up for me.

It was embarrassing to watch the time wasting and the lack of desire to go for the second goal was baffling. We dropped deeper and continually gave the ball away.

At least Scholes has learned the lesson that we cannot hold on to a single goal lead. On to Tuesday night and an improved performance.

Edited by TheBigDog

42 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Load of bollocks! O’grady over the full season has been a lot better than most. If you put someone like cog on, there has to be someone to feed off him.

He had Benteke didn't he? O'Grady had a decent month and that's it, I'm sick of reading all this shite about how he needs someone to feed off him, he's shit and in 90% of his games he's been carried by his strike partner, slows us down and he's just not on the same wavelength as his teamates. 

Could have been 4 points from the play-offs with a game in hand,

A real sickener today and feels more like a defeat, last chance saloon Tuesday if we have any ambition of extending the season but that's going to be more difficult now.

See you all then.

Think our lack of strength in depth shows a problem today.

Baxter looks like his oldself however he can only last 60-70 minutes Lang is excellent but looks like hes carrying a knock. This squad with Surridge would have a much stronger chance of getting top 7.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He had Benteke didn't he? O'Grady had a decent month and that's it,

No He didnt Benteke played 25 yards to the left of him. You either didn't watch the game or have let your bias get in the way of any objectivity.

Surridge played his best football with O'Grady next to him. O'grady is now at the stage of his career where he needs someone to play alongside him. He didn't have that today and he was poor. He can't play that role anymore.

17 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Could have been 4 points from the play-offs with a game in hand,

A real sickener today and feels more like a defeat, last chance saloon Tuesday if we have any ambition of extending the season but that's going to be more difficult now.

See you all then.

Even if Tuesday ends up the wrong scoreline, there are still thirteen games to go.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think our lack of strength in depth shows a problem today.

Baxter looks like his oldself however he can only last 60-70 minutes Lang is excellent but looks like hes carrying a knock. This squad with Surridge would have a much stronger chance of getting top 7.

No He didnt Benteke played 25 yards to the left of him. You either didn't watch the game or have let your bias get in the way of any objectivity.

Surridge played his best football with O'Grady next to him. O'grady is now at the stage of his career where he needs someone to play alongside him. He didn't have that today and he was poor. He can't play that role anymore.

He's shit and will be binned ASAP I will guarantee you that.

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He had Benteke didn't he? O'Grady had a decent month and that's it, I'm sick of reading all this shite about how he needs someone to feed off him, he's shit and in 90% of his games he's been carried by his strike partner, slows us down and he's just not on the same wavelength as his teamates. 

He's got some uses and is better than Urko, but if we're being honest, he's not good enough if we want to be a side in contention to be promoted from this league.

All the promotion chasing sides have some form of threat up top, be it a finisher or an effective big man. 

Time will tell with how Scholes wants to play, but we need a better calibre of player or a more effective option if we want to be top 3/top 7.

35 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Even if Tuesday ends up the wrong scoreline, there are still thirteen games to go.

Sorry Wardie, I don't see it that way and Scholes although playing down our chances will want today putting right at the first time of asking. 

Did anybody else cringe when Hunt kept passing back, that pitch is gonna cause the biggest of fuck ups with it bobbling..

It seems Scholes agrees with others that our most comfortable player on the ball and the man with our most assists is better off at left back, i couldnt imagine Rick Holden being put there back in the day..

Looks like it will be Dearnley and Baxter uptop for the Morecambe game, does anybody know what happened to the lads we got onloan forward from west ham and defender from Forest??

1 minute ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Did anybody else cringe when Hunt kept passing back, that pitch is gonna cause the biggest of fuck ups with it bobbling..

It seems Scholes agrees with others that our most comfortable player on the ball and the man with our most assists is better off at left back, i couldnt imagine Rick Holden being put there back in the day..

Looks like it will be Dearnley and Baxter uptop for the Morecambe game, does anybody know what happened to the lads we got onloan forward from west ham and defender from Forest??

Yes. He was VERY disappointing.  Hope Hamer is fit for Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Ogrady was more like a left winger!