Out of six of us that normally sit together:

One pay on the day who was going to get a season ticket but hasn't. 

Five with season tickets of which one stayed away in protest, three there because we've already given AL our money but haven't renewed. Only one who's renewed. 

The headline attendance figures don't tell the true story of the level of feeling and protest. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Seems everyone is content to just slip back to normal and forget anything ever happened. 

If we have a regular fan base of 4k, what sort of numbers will have be regular contributors of OWTB, Trust or the other forum?

15 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Out of six of us that normally sit together:

One pay on the day who was going to get a season ticket but hasn't. 

Five with season tickets of which one stayed away in protest, three there because we've already given AL our money but haven't renewed. Only one who's renewed. 

The headline attendance figures don't tell the true story of the level of feeling and protest. 

Exactly, a lot who have season tickets will go until the end of the season, the renewals figure will be more indicative of the true feelings of the fans. 

I think there are strongish feelings on Twitter for a protest (and maybe to some extent on here too) but I don't think that is necessarily representative of much of our support who probably don't bother reading anything on either platform. Certainly there's a few around me that only hear about things to with the club if it makes the papers and, even then, they'd still turn up. Today's attendance was probably down on where it would have been with another half dozen points but I don't think there are too many (maybe a few hundred - but not thousands) who would likely boycott because of things being said on the internet.

• Like 2

I think the problem is that knowone has come up with an idea for a protest that everyone can get behind yet. I mean their wasn't one organised for today was there. Having already paid my money as a season ticket holder I went and will probably go to the home games between now and the end of the season. 

It doesn't mean everything isn't shit though.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think the problem is that knowone has come up with an idea for a protest that everyone can get behind yet. I mean their wasn't one organised for today was there. Having already paid my money as a season ticket holder I went and will probably go to the home games between now and the end of the season. 

It doesn't mean everything isn't shit though.

Don't disagree with your last point. More just gauging whether anti-AL sentiment is as widespread outside these social media circles.

24 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Don't disagree with your last point. More just gauging whether anti-AL sentiment is as widespread outside these social media circles.

Well the Facebook groups seem to be rigourously supporting him and ban alot of people who don't support him. You quickly see how much better the moderators are on here compared to the little hitlers that run those groups.

It just seems like everyone has accepted that we are just a crap league 2 team. That sense of apathy set in when we were relegated from the Premiership and again after relegation from what is now the the championship. I think this seems to be a reflection of the town of Oldham itself.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well the Facebook groups seem to be rigourously supporting him and ban alot of people who don't support him. You quickly see how much better the moderators are on here compared to the little hitlers that run those groups.

I've tried for quite a while to join  empty-head's Facebook group but he won't let me in. My daughter and nephews are in so I do read his sh*t but am unable to respond.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It seems like everyone has accepted that we are just a crap league 2 team. That sense of apathy set in when we were relegated from the Premiership and what is now the the championship. I think this seems to be a reflection of the town of Oldham itself.

Think you're right Glossop.

I didn't go today (ST holder) - simply can't be arsed attending "the theatre of nightmares" at the moment.

What with it being a nice sunny day, I thought the home attendance might have been 800 to 1000 down on where it would have been. 

The RRE looked a lot more sparse than usual, more sparse than a midweek game. 

The North Stand looked a bit sparse for a meaningless game and I'd guess the main stand was on par, but there were some extra empty seats near me. The extra security for the posh seats (North Stand) was very apparent from the main stand. Incidentally the queue for food and drink at HT was non-existent and I discovered that the food kiosk in the main stand also serves booze. 

There were a few on their phones during the minutes applause, I clearly saw a girl in the posher seats (main stand) who was sat down on her phone but that might be a sign of her unwillingness to turn up.

As for the game, Iversen did well again, with a couple of very good saves. I was impressed with Iacovitti, who did more than Hunt, and perhaps should have been playing before now. But as he seemed technically inferior to Hunt, I can see why Scholes didn't pick him. 

Branger was our best player in the 2nd but didn't do much first half. A similar story for O'Grady who played well. 

The only disappointment was Nepomuceno who was relatively poor, but I presume he was jet-lagged. IIRC Bunn dropped him to the bench the last time he returned from international duty. 

They were average at best and as we leapfrogged them today shows how poor we've been in spells this season. 

PS I support the team, not the regime. Pete Wild and 9 of today's players helped reduce me to tears at Fulham, the least I can do is support them on a regular basis. When all of them leave, if AL is still there, I might consider stopping going. 

• Like 4

I'm a bit confused by the comments regarding the crowd. There was no organised boycott today, just some individuals who decided that they would boycott. I suspect the home gate was down 15 - 20% on what it probably would have been expected to be. That is a pretty dramatic drop considering the lack of an organised protest.

Under the circumstances that was a decent result today. 

There was no protest, apparently their is no one to lead it. 

Scholes’s first game in charge probably attracted circa 1,000 extra cash paying fans based on anticipation. By his demise he had lost the majority of these cash payers because  there was zero improvement to our performances/results. The protest had already begun/happened. That’s life. 

We have had over two weeks to stew on our predicament. Outbursts, threats and anger have waned in most. Pragmatism focuses the mind and most of us sadly realise that we are stuffed without a benefactor and even when one turns up we are impotent at being in a position to judge or control any sequence of events or appointments by said benefactor. 

We are close to the bare bones of our fan-base again. Many claim they have the answer - but they don’t. As supporters of Oldham Athletic and other club, it is a simple enough choice. We chose attend matches or we don’t. 

Club ownership is a lottery. The people who clamoured for Corney’s departure and maybe now AL don’t have answers but we are all the same really. We dream and live in hope. 

Edited by mikeroyboy
  • Like 1

Not the prettiest game in the world but I guess half expected if you look at where both teams are in the league, with not masses to play for, and on a bobbly pitch.

Good result, clean sheet, two goals, three points. Players that impressed me today Iversen for sure with a few very good saves, could have been different result if he hadn’t. Clarke organised and won his headers at the back. Iacovitti for his first showing seemed quite solid, perhaps he will be tested more on Tuesday. Lang took his goal well and had hand in first. COG showed some good glimpses but still expect a bit more from him. Branger, still not sure about him, hit and miss in my opinion. Nepo had a quiet game today for me.

Onto Tuesday and a very difficult game in store, the real form team in the division.

Edited by Paul