Retained list & youth player decisions

On 4/29/2019 at 12:50 PM, Crusoe said:

Does anyone know when the retained list is published?

Don't know when, but it's any that are left once Abdallah boots out all those that have offered criticism of him/Little Mo/#Frenchlads and those that he doesn't need for the next three months.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 5:28 PM, lookersstandandy said:

Out of interest..... of those players released last year;

Johny Placide, no club has taken him on since he left us.

Abdelhakim Omrani, went to a semi-pro club in the 3rd tier of Belgian football, then to Romania to a team 3rd bottom of Liga 1.

Wilfried Moimbe, joined Nancy in Ligue 2 in France.

Gymafi Kyeremeh, joined a semi-pro club in the 4th tier of Belgian football.

Queensy Menig, went back to Nantes, who loaned him to Zwolle in Holland and he's now in Nantes' reserves.

Good detective work there. Says it all about the club’s recent recruiting.

It's certainly not a surprise given injuries and form for the first two, and the rumours of a bust-up involving the latter.

I'm not too bothered about DG going. I'm not even heartbroken about Baxter going, despite him being the most naturally skilful player on our books, given his injuries and (I assume) high wages.

Clarke will be missed. I'm not sure how many years he can keep going at the same standard, but I think he'll be missed nonetheless.

What concerns me more is not that these three are going, it's the quality of their replacements.

39 minutes ago, johnboy said:

baxter has an option for a further year which is in latics favour.if he leaves it would be by mutual consent

If it is an option in our favour then there's no need for mutual consent - it's just not taken up.

I wouldn’t mind betting wherever they end up it’s possible they will all end up as POY at their new clubs.

We will miss them all, Gardner included, especially when gauged against their respective replacements

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

It's certainly not a surprise given injuries and form for the first two, and the rumours of a bust-up involving the latter.

I'm not too bothered about DG going. I'm not even heartbroken about Baxter going, despite him being the most naturally skilful player on our books, given his injuries and (I assume) high wages.

Clarke will be missed. I'm not sure how many years he can keep going at the same standard, but I think he'll be missed nonetheless.

What concerns me more is not that these three are going, it's the quality of their replacements.

What bust-up?

39 minutes ago, philliggi said:

So who are our top five Must retain then?

Edmondson

Nepo 

Mouche

Clarke

Missilou

For me. 

I'd chuck Lang and Ivesen in there but that's unlikely given they are loan deals.

Who are our next five!!!

What's really worrying is, now PW has gone, the retained/binned list is all down to Mr Basketcase and his bruv. And the Dreaded Red Fleece, of course. Christ, the very thought of it scares the shit out of me.

In my nearly 69 years of supporting the club I love, this is the closest I've ever come to saying "sod it, I've had enough". I just love it a bit too much though.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If Vera gets a new deal I''ll be in for an immediate season ticket refund and contacting Trading  Standards.😠

And I'll be arranging AL's psychotherapist. Unless he already has one.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/may/08052019-1819-retained/ 

Options Taken
Johan Branger-Engone
Christopher Missilou

Released
Jose Baxter
Peter Clarke
Dan Gardner
Jay Sheridan
Andy Taylor
Chinedu Uche
Urko Vera

Returning To Parent Club
Dapo Afolayan
Zak Dearnley
Alex Iacovitti
Daniel Iversen
Callum Lang

Already In Contract
Giles Coke
George Edmundson
Tom Hamer
Rob Hunt
Chris O’Grady
Harry Robinson
Sonhy Sefil
Jamie Stott
Javid Swaby-Neavin
Mohamad Sylla

Jonathan Benteke, Mohamed Maouche, Gevaro Nepomuceno and Zeus De la Paz are still in contract negotiations.

Edited by jorvik_latic