Boundary Park buy out

No sides taken or opinion offered, just a simple overview

Information available in the public domain (as at 18/07/19)

Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd

Director: Abdallah Lemsagam

Accounts overdue - accounts for up to 26//06/18 due by 27/06/2019 are still outstanding (source: Companies House)

• bought 97% shares in the club off Simon Corney.
  • 3% shares owned by Trust Oldham
  • The Land is owned by Brassbank Ltd  who lease it to the club
  • The North Stand is owned by Brassbank Ltd who lease it to the club

Brassbank Ltd

Directors: Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal

Accounts overdue - accounts for up to 27/03/18 due by 14/06/19 are still outstanding (source: Companies House)

Oldham Event Centre Ltd (OEC)

Directors: Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal / Anna Kocheran

Accounts overdue - accounts for up to 29/03/2018 due by 14/07/2019 are still outstanding (source: Companies House)

The OEC is an event catering business based within the North Stand

Trust Oldham

Directors:

Darren Ratcliffe  (Trust elected board representative to Oldham Athletic) /  Tracy Wright (Chair) / Kenny Hopwood (Vice Chair) / Mark Harrington / Elaine Ganderton / Mike Green

Accounts - cannot find if/how the Trust is registered with Companies House

However this is:

Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Ltd

Directors: Darren Ratcliffe / Tracy Wright / Kenny Hopwood / Mark Harrington / Philippa Rosemary

Accounts - last accounts up to 31/01/2018 - accounts up to 31/01/19 due 31/10/19

Fans Led Group (FLG)

Directors: unknown

Recent announcements / events:

• 13/02/19 Trust Oldham announce they have been invited by a FLG to join talks with Brassbank to purchase the stadium and a 'period of exclusivity' has been agreed
  • 20/03/19 Trust Oldham advise a deal has been agreed with the current landlords to purchase (a) the freehold of the stadium (b) the North Stand in its entirety and the car parking space.
  • 10/05/19 The FLG advise that part of their purchase agreement is to take over the operation of the OEC as from 20/05/19 which allows them to bring forward plans to complete the 2nd floor and other developments within the North Stand. Next phase will be, in conjunction with the current landowners, to provide the club with a commercial  agreement to provide matchday hospitality for the 19/20 season. The agreement includes; the executive boxes, the 100 club hospitality and other matchday operations
  • 17/05/19 FLG announce Simon Brooke (ex Director of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd)  as Operations Manager to oversee the day to day running of the OEC
  • 25/05/19 FLG advise that following the completion of the purchase of Boundary Park that fans will be offered the chance to become co-owners through shares, likely in the form of both equity and/or investment bonds
  • 19/06/19 FLG advise the outstanding matchday operation agreement is awaiting sign off by the club
  • 13/07/19 FLG announce they will be opening the North Stand hospitality area as a supporters bar for the upcoming pre-season friendlies v Rochdale and Bolton
  • 17/06/19 Club Statement advises that fans will be unable to watch the two pre-season friendlies from the North Stand. The clubs position is that the OEC have failed to honour existing liabilities towards the club from previous seasons and that commercial terms for the friendlies are unreasonable and would lead to financial loss.
  • 17/06/19 FLG announcement in response to club statement advises despite contacting senior club officials to request a meeting to agree the details of a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the Joe Royle Stand for the 19/20 season and ongoing annual agreement, that the club has failed to reply to these requests. The FLG advise that the SLA has the same commercial terms as the previous 18/19 season with a 4% increase to cover a rise in wages and food costs (it is worth noting that inflation for 2019 is currently c1.9%)
  • 17/06/19 FLG invite supporters to attend a meeting on 27/07/19 for an update on the full vision of the FLG.

Hopefully some fairly obvious voids can be bridged in the best interests of our club :chubb:

• Like 2

If AL doesn't pay his rent then he will end up owing the owners of the North Stand money. It seems the FLG will be enforcing this rent more readily than the previous / current owner. I believe they may be wanting to call in already owed rent if such sums exist, certainly enough reading on here about that and the need for GE's fee to come in asap.

If he owes enough he may have to hand over assets to cover his debts as any of us would. We may hand over our Ford Fiesta ST, he may have to hand over his UK based assets.

I'm going with that as the plan from the FLG.

All AL has to do his pay his bills and run the club well and everyone will be happy..............................

IF someone owned the club and the stadium the club really would benefit from the stand 365 as stated when it was being built. I could get a gym membership knowing 100% that in some way OAFC were benefiting. 

If the owners of the stadium become the owners of the club it will be a massive benefit to the Latics and the fans. Many clubs with worse revenues do better than us and this may change things slightly for the better.

17 minutes ago, tGWB said:

No sides taken or opinion offered, just a simple overview

Information available in the public domain (as at 18/07/19)

Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd

Director: Abdallah Lemsagam

Accounts overdue - accounts for up to 26//06/18 due by 27/06/2019 are still outstanding (source: Companies House)

• bought 97% shares in the club off Simon Corney.
  • 3% shares owned by Trust Oldham
  • The Land is owned by Brassbank Ltd  who lease it to the club
  • The North Stand is owned by Brassbank Ltd who lease it to the club

Brassbank Ltd

Directors: Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal

Accounts overdue - accounts for up to 27/03/18 due by 14/06/19 are still outstanding (source: Companies House)

Oldham Event Centre Ltd (OEC)

Directors: Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal / Anna Kocheran

Accounts overdue - accounts for up to 29/03/2018 due by 14/07/2019 are still outstanding (source: Companies House)

The OEC is an event catering business based within the North Stand

Trust Oldham

Directors:

Darren Ratcliffe  (Trust elected board representative to Oldham Athletic) /  Tracy Wright (Chair) / Kenny Hopwood (Vice Chair) / Mark Harrington / Elaine Ganderton / Mike Green

Accounts - cannot find if/how the Trust is registered with Companies House

However this is:

Directors: Darren Ratcliffe / Tracy Wright / Kenny Hopwood / Mark Harrington / Philippa Rosemary

Accounts - last accounts up to 31/01/2018 - accounts up to 31/01/19 due 31/10/19

Fans Led Group (FLG)

Directors: unknown

Recent announcements / events:

• 13/02/19 Trust Oldham announce they have been invited by a FLG to join talks with Brassbank to purchase the stadium and a 'period of exclusivity' has been agreed
  • 20/03/19 Trust Oldham advise a deal has been agreed with the current landlords to purchase (a) the freehold of the stadium (b) the North Stand in its entirety and the car parking space.
  • 10/05/19 The FLG advise that part of their purchase agreement is to take over the operation of the OEC as from 20/05/19 which allows them to bring forward plans to complete the 2nd floor and other developments within the North Stand. Next phase will be, in conjunction with the current landowners, to provide the club with a commercial  agreement to provide matchday hospitality for the 19/20 season. The agreement includes; the executive boxes, the 100 club hospitality and other matchday operations
  • 17/05/19 FLG announce Simon Brooke (ex Director of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd)  as Operations Manager to oversee the day to day running of the OEC
  • 25/05/19 FLG advise that following the completion of the purchase of Boundary Park that fans will be offered the chance to become co-owners through shares, likely in the form of both equity and/or investment bonds
  • 19/06/19 FLG advise the outstanding matchday operation agreement is awaiting sign off by the club
  • 13/07/19 FLG announce they will be opening the North Stand hospitality area as a supporters bar for the upcoming pre-season friendlies v Rochdale and Bolton
  • 17/06/19 Club Statement advises that fans will be unable to watch the two pre-season friendlies from the North Stand. The clubs position is that the OEC have failed to honour existing liabilities towards the club from previous seasons and that commercial terms for the friendlies are unreasonable and would lead to financial loss.
  • 17/06/19 FLG announcement in response to club statement advises despite contacting senior club officials to request a meeting to agree the details of a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the Joe Royle Stand for the 19/20 season and ongoing annual agreement, that the club has failed to reply to these requests. The FLG advise that the SLA has the same commercial terms as the previous 18/19 season with a 4% increase to cover a rise in wages and food costs (it is worth noting that inflation for 2019 is currently c1.9%)
  • 17/06/19 FLG invite supporters to attend a meeting on 27/07/19 for an update on the full vision of the FLG.

Hopefully some fairly obvious voids can be bridged in the best interests of our club :chubb:

Regarding recent announcements 20/03 and 10/05 of yours above that I have bolded....

Worth mentioning that Trust stated on their site on June 6th:  "The Trust wishes to assure fans that the six month notification period with regard to the ACV in place at BP has NOT been triggered"  (the bold emphasis is theirs not mine).

Also, I think the FLG have said they have taken ownership of the shares of OEC not just the running of it (though companies house says otherwise).

Edited by kowenicki

18 minutes ago, tGWB said:

However this is:

That's the Trust's registered company, yep.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Is there not a law that says you have to submit your accounts ?

Its actually a criminal offence and can see the company directors brought to court. I'm not totally sure how long it is before criminal prosecution occurs but it will be interesting to see how this currently plays out.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Regarding recent announcements 20/03 and 10/05 of yours above that I have bolded....

Worth mentioning that Trust stated on their site on June 6th:  "The Trust wishes to assure fans that the six month notification period with regard to the ACV in place at BP has NOT been triggered"  (the bold emphasis is theirs not mine).

Also, I think the FLG have said they have taken ownership of the shares of OEC not just the running of it (though companies house says otherwise).

Kowenicki, I have just noted what I could find from either Companies House or announcements from the official social media sites of the different parties. 

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Kowenicki, I have just noted what I could find from either Companies House or announcements from the official social media sites of the different parties. 

That's where I got the two things I mentioned from.  Well... from the Trust and FLG websites.

I think it’s worth noting that Abdallah now has fans he has wooed with free tickets and a bit of inside information to be his propaganda arm. You’ve got Michael Halliwell and Stephen Partington running a 1.2k member strong facebook group endorsing Abdallah’s ideas to move the football team out of boundary park.

Over on other platforms Rhys Parsons and a few other of the young lads are being invited to club events to help spread that Abdallah is a good and fair owner.

What this man doing is disgusting and is not only conning the people who are blindly following him for a free meal ticket, but he is creating a very damaging divide within the fan base. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think it’s worth noting that Abdallah now has fans he has wooed with free tickets and a bit of inside information to be his propaganda arm. You’ve got Michael Halliwell and Stephen Partington running a 1.2k member strong facebook group endorsing Abdallah’s ideas to move the football team out of boundary park.

Over on other platforms Rhys Parsons and a few other of the young lads are being invited to club events to help spread that Abdallah is a good and fair owner.

What this man doing is disgusting and is not only conning the people who are blindly following him for a free meal ticket, but he is creating a very damaging divide within the fan base. 

Having that mini revival after Scholes left really screwed up what should have been a huge push to get rid of the clowns, lost any momentum with the tiny chance we had of reaching the playoffs. will be interesting to see what happens with the lickspittles if we start badly

• Like 2

Just now, Senor_Coconut said:

Having that mini revival after Scholes left really screwed up what should have been a huge push to get rid of the clowns, lost any momentum with the tiny chance we had of reaching the playoffs. will be interesting to see what happens with the lickspittles if we start badly

It'll be the fans fault for not buying Season Tickets and not supporting the club, it'll be FLG's fault because they caused the Joe Royle Stand to be closed, It'll be Corney and Blitz fault because they left the club in a state. Abdallah has done nothing wrong.

It's sickening to see them all pat each other on the back and pretending the rubbish they come out with is somehow fact.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Very astute observation KIG, although I think a lot of those 1.2k will turn if we suddenly had to play in Salford or some small ground or groundshare with FCUM.

43 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Is there not a law that says you have to submit your accounts ?

Only Latics, Bury and Notts County still to file their accounts for the Season 2017/2018

Just now, tGWB said:

Only Latics, Bury and Notts County still to file their accounts for the Season 2017/2018

Good sign then given the state of the other two... 👍

Then again.... Bury have just got away with it again....  👌

31 minutes ago, singe said:

Very astute observation KIG, although I think a lot of those 1.2k will turn if we suddenly had to play in Salford or some small ground or groundshare with FCUM.

I'd wager only a small % of that 1.2k buy the bullshit.

• Like 3