Boundary Park buy out

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Have they? Have you got a link to this? 

I thought they'd been contracted by the owners of the OEC to run it day to day... 

10th May blog post. 

Since then, they say that THEY have appointed Simon Wood as Catering and Simon Brooke as Operations Manager. 

30 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Neil Joy, Mark Moisley & Corney all said on more than one occasion that all matchday income from the North Stand went into the football club - now I am not by any stretch saying those three were bastions of truth (especially Corney) but who showed you these figures? If its a man that releases statements Goebbels would be proud of then I would question their legitimacy 

Goebbels ? Back down on this one, it's wrong.

Just now, Pietastic said:

Goebbels ? Back down on this one, it's wrong.

Goebbels peddled propaganda - if you are overly sensitive or think I am suggesting AL may instigate a second holocaust thats your issue 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

10th May blog post. 

Since then, they say that THEY have appointed Simon Wood as Catering and Simon Brooke as Operations Manager. 

Aah right. I assume, like everything else with the club, the OEC, as a company, shares are separate from the actual ownership of the stand... 

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

Goebbels peddled propaganda - if you are overly sensitive or think I am suggesting AL may instigate a second holocaust thats your issue 

Very strange response , don't quote/ refer to Goebbels within the context of OAFC please.

3 minutes ago, Pietastic said:

Very strange response , don't quote/ refer to Goebbels within the context of OAFC please.

I didn’t quote him (dont know much German) and I insinuated he would be proud of AL’s knack for propaganda but Ok petal 🙄

Edited by OAFC1984
  • Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 11:36 AM, oafc1955 said:

Surely it’s got to be better for all concerned including AL that the stadium is owned by fans rather than Blitz & Gazal who no longer have any interest in the football club!

I agree but that's providing they are genuine fans of the club and not money grabbers.Their anonymity so far doesn't convince me.

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Aah right. I assume, like everything else with the club, the OEC, as a company, shares are separate from the actual ownership of the stand... 

Yes. The FG as OEC are now tenants of Blitz and pals. Except according to Companies house they aren’t... OEC is still Blitz and pals too. 

Edited by kowenicki

5 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

I didn’t quote him (dont know much German) and I insinuated he would be proud of AL’s knack for propaganda but Ok petal 🙄

I still don't like a reference/association to the nazis with my club - delete/repeat and edit your replies as often as you wish - call me petal on the second edit that's fine x no offence intended just don't think it's appropriate 

The FG have said (I think) that they will need some backers to help with funds.... is it possible the FG and the FG’s recently appointed employees are actually the very same people?  

I fucking hope not. 🤞 

Baffling this !!

If the Club / AL doesnt own the NorthStand/JimmyFrizzellStand why would we want to put fans in it if it wasnt financially beneficial to our Club

The FLG dont own any part of the ground and have simply taken over the day to day running of the OEC (Oldham Event Centre).

Or have I missed something 🤔

2 minutes ago, Pietastic said:

I still don't like a reference/association to the nazis with my club - delete/repeat and edit your replies as often as you wish - call me petal on the second edit that's fine x no offence intended just don't think it's appropriate 

When I read someone commenting about Goebbels and his skills of propaganda, I did Nazi a reaction like this coming Anne Frankly I'm surprised it did

• Like 1

So, so predictable. 

He didn’t have an issue with the OEC when he bought the club, he didn’t raise its ownership in his first two years in charge. A fans group appear, and suddenly it’s an issue and this group are holding the club to ransom. . . 

This isn’t all about money, it’s more about his ego. Blitz was happy to stay in the background, collect his money and let AL make all decisions. The fans group want a lot more involvement. He feels sidelined and threatened, so starts to divide people. 

From the official- 

‘Those fans choosing to use the hospitality in OEC do so to the detriment of the club.’ 

Or, 

‘If you go and see what they’ve got planned and pay a fiver, your not for me.’

#themandus

This is just the start of a long, long battle.

Can’t wait. 🙄

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Baffling this !!

If the Club / AL doesnt own the NorthStand/JimmyFrizzellStand why would we want to put fans in it if it wasnt financially beneficial to our Club

The FLG dont own any part of the ground and have simply taken over the day to day running of the OEC (Oldham Event Centre).

You are correct. I presume the deal for the friendlies may different or AL just wants to make a point? 

Who knows. It’s a mess though. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So, so predictable. 

He didn’t have an issue with the OEC when he bought the club, he didn’t raise its ownership in his first two years in charge. A fans group appear, and suddenly it’s an issue and this group are holding the club to ransom. . . 

This isn’t all about money, it’s more about his ego. Blitz was happy to stay in the background, collect his money and let AL make all decisions. The fans group want a lot more involvement. He feels sidelined and threatened, so starts to divide people. 

From the official- 

‘Those fans choosing to use the hospitality in OEC do so to the detriment of the club.’ 

Or, 

‘If you go and see what they’ve got planned and pay a fiver, your not for me.’

#themandus

This is just the start of a long, long battle.

Can’t wait. 🙄

Come on.  Both sides are trying to divide people.

It’s working too.  

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Remind me again of who it is you don't like....

“Like”? I don’t know them so I’m indifferent really. 

I don’t ‘rate’ Brooke.  

Edited by kowenicki

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Baffling this !!

How i see it is we as fans will have a choice you either pay to do the hospitality in OEC with their profits going to pay blitz and co their rent and any other profits being split between the FG or you can sit in the RE or mainstand and contribute to the wages of the players and the running of OAFC...

As much as i cant stand AL and the way he works we need to ensure that the money generated on match days are for the club, the FG will attempt to suffocate AL to force him out but my worry will be what will happen if the FG between them don’t have the funds to carry on with the day to day running of the club and we may then become a club owned by the fans but we could be finacially worse off than ever before..

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Come on.  Both sides are trying to divide people.

It’s working too.  

Oh absolutely. 

And I guess which camp individual’s are in, will frame how they see things. I’m no different. I do not like the way AL runs the club. So at the very least i’m willing to see what direction the FLG might take us in.  

Doesn’t mean I’m oblivious to their potential misgivings. However seeing as I don’t know really know anything yet, I’m prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

AL’s Benefit of doubt went a long time ago. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Anyone else not arsed? Quicker we go bust and start again the better. My football club has gone and anyone defending him is as equally as damaging as him.

Idiot. Absolute fool. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh absolutely. 

And I guess which camp individual’s are in, will frame how they see things. I’m no different. I do not like the way AL runs the club. So at the very least i’m willing to see what direction the FLG might take us in.  

Doesn’t mean I’m oblivious to their potential misgivings. However seeing as I don’t know really know anything yet, I’m prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

AL’s Benefit of doubt went a long time ago. 

Thats fair. 

They need a very, very good story to tell after the friendly imo. 

2 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

All these things being done “in the best interests of Oldham Athletic” he really is a fucking prick 

I take it you know everything about this situation,so that's why you decide that AL is in the wrong.You must have inside information from a reliable source.I don't think so.

It seems to me that this fans group haven't got that much money and maybe are now overcharging the footballing club(just guessing-like everyone else)