Boundary Park buy out

2 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

I take it you know everything about this situation,so that's why you decide that AL is in the wrong.You must have inside information from a reliable source.I don't think so.

It seems to me that this fans group haven't got that much money and maybe are now overcharging the footballing club(just guessing-like everyone else)

No I don’t know everything about the situation and if it was just this in isolation I would probably be less inclined to jump on his back but one thing after another over and over and AL’s “woe is me I didn’t know what I was buying” just smacks of bollocks.

No one told him what he was buying, Mike Keegan has it in for the club, Brass Bank has it in for the club, The FLG has it in for the club, staff leaving left right and centre with not a decent thing to say about the bloke (again a couple in isolation Id accept they might be in the wrong but all?) every man and is dog is picking on poor old AL except for a few of the “the fan” who appear to be Birkett and his cronies 

• Like 7

AL also says that to use the North Stand would result in the friendlies making a loss for the club - now I admit Im no expert in running costs of a football match but wages of stewards, staff and overheads such as electric will be the same whether its 3000 paying 20 quid or a few hundred paying a fiver so not sure how he expected to make a profit anyway. I imagine some form of police will be there considering the opposition too

So after a 5min think:

If the FLG cant agree a deal with AL, he could simlpy:

1. Decide not to use the JoeRoyleStand

2. Relocate current JoeRoyleStand season ticket holders into either the MainStand or JimmyFrizzellStand (its not like we fill 3 stands in League2)

3. Save the Club £s by not paying any rent for the pitch facing JoeRoyleStand

4. The FLG continue to run the OEC with little/no matchday £revenue 

5. Corporate entertainment packages £revenue for the Club would obviously take a hit by retreating back into the MainStand maybe 

Hopefully a mutually beneficial deal can be struck between the FLG and the.Club

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

So after a 5min think:

If the FLG cant agree a deal with AL, he could simlpy:

1. Decide not to use the JoeRoyleStand

2. Relocate current JoeRoyleStand season ticket holders into either the MainStand or JimmyFrizzellStand (its not like we fill 3 stands in League2)

3. Save the Club £s by not paying any rent for the pitch facing JoeRoyleStand

4. The FLG continue to run the OEC with little/no matchday £revenue 

5. Corporate entertainment packages £revenue for the Club would obviously take a hit by retreating back into the MainStand maybe 

Hopefully a mutually beneficial deal can be struck between the FLG and the.Club

That relies on both wanting to come together for the greater good. 

Uphill task. 

28 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

How i see it is we as fans will have a choice you either pay to do the hospitality in OEC with their profits going to pay blitz and co their rent and any other profits being split between the FG or you can sit in the RE or mainstand and contribute to the wages of the players and the running of OAFC...

As much as i cant stand AL and the way he works we need to ensure that the money generated on match days are for the club, the FG will attempt to suffocate AL to force him out but my worry will be what will happen if the FG between them don’t have the funds to carry on with the day to day running of the club and we may then become a club owned by the fans but we could be finacially worse off than ever before..

This is were I am at the moment tbh 

Picking games to watch this season from the JimmyFrizzellStand 

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

This is were I am at the moment tbh 

Picking games to watch this season from the JimmyFrizzellStand 

I’m not sure that matters? If you are simply sitting in the North stand and buying nowt then the FLG and/or Blitz get nothing do they?  

Not sure on the catering (aside from exec shite) for match days but I always assumed it was revenue for the club on match days not OEC wasn’t it? 

Edited by kowenicki

So far this has had a very mixed response on the various social media platforms.  The FLG have handled the communication of this very poorly in the lead up to today. They should have tried to take people along with the from the start  instead if all this cloak and dagger stuff. 

They will need a good tale to tell when they have their event or risk falling at the first. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

No I don’t know everything about the situation and if it was just this in isolation I would probably be less inclined to jump on his back but one thing after another over and over and AL’s “woe is me I didn’t know what I was buying” just smacks of bollocks.

No one told him what he was buying, Mike Keegan has it in for the club, Brass Bank has it in for the club, The FLG has it in for the club, staff leaving left right and centre with not a decent thing to say about the bloke (again a couple in isolation Id accept they might be in the wrong but all?) every man and is dog is picking on poor old AL except for a few of the “the fan” who appear to be Birkett and his cronies 

There has been a lot of crap happening at this club for years and a lot of bad decisions and lots of things leaked into the media and by all accounts some poor staff.Al as had a big clearout of course most of those sacked are going to say bad things against him but isn't this sour grapes.I don't see many fans saying too many nice things about Brassbank or Mike Keegan either.OK Al has made mistakes but he definitely wants success for this club.So I for one will give him a chance.Some fans decided they didn't like him from the start and will never give him a chance no matter what he does.This so far anonymous FLG are yet to convince me of anything as so far as  their true value and ownership as not yet come to the fore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m not sure that matters? If you are simply sitting in the North stand and buying nowt then the FLG and/or Blitz get nothing do they?  

Not sure on the catering (aside from exec shite) for match days but I always assumed it was revenue for the club on match days not OEC wasn’t it? 

I think the Club got all revenue from the NorthStand on match days but surely the Club had to pay to rent tbr stand 

Not 100% sure but why would Blitz give it to us for free 

1 minute ago, alwaysblue said:

There has been a lot of crap happening at this club for years and a lot of bad decisions and lots of things leaked into the media and by all accounts some poor staff.Al as had a big clearout of course most of those sacked are going to say bad things against him but isn't this sour grapes.I don't see many fans saying too many nice things about Brassbank or Mike Keegan either.OK Al has made mistakes but he definitely wants success for this club.So I for one will give him a chance.Some fans decided they didn't like him from the start and will never give him a chance no matter what he does.This so far anonymous FLG are yet to convince me of anything as so far as  their true value and ownership as not yet come to the fore.

The whole world wasn’t against OAFC before he took over

I was extremely optimistic when he took over as I was far from Corney’s biggest fan at the end.

The evidence so far doesn’t look promising but trust me should he prove me wrong I would be amongst the first to shake his hand and say I was a negative non believing prick 

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I think the Club got all revenue from the NorthStand on match days but surely the Club had to pay to rent tbr stand 

Not 100% sure but why would Blitz give it to us for free 

Yes, true. Well unless the rent is paid it will be closed anyway and my season ticket will need moving.  Which I’m prepared for.  

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Amswers some questions, raises others. 

It was very predictable surely? Surely they saw this coming?  We all did. We discussed that this would happen weeks ago on this forum unless I’m mistaken. 

They aren’t this naive (hopefully), so it’s either fake surprise or part of a plan.  I’m going with the latter. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Amswers some questions, raises others. 

It was very predictable surely? Surely they saw this coming?  We all did. We discussed that this would happen weeks ago on this forum unless I’m mistaken. 

They aren’t this naive (hopefully), so it’s either fake surprise or part of a plan.  I’m going with the latter. 

Sneaky bunch aren't they :chubb:

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So far this has had a very mixed response on the various social media platforms.  The FLG have handled the communication of this very poorly in the lead up to today. They should have tried to take people along with the from the start  instead if all this cloak and dagger stuff. 

They will need a good tale to tell when they have their event or risk falling at the first. 

Eh? 

Regardless of what tale they tell if they've reached an agreement with Blitz and they've got the money they'll proceed with the purchase I'd imagine.

Are you thinking it's some kind of election/popularity contest? 

I think AL has seen he can save money by not using the Joe Royle stand this season, and can now place the blame on the new fan led group instead of taking it himself.

And if they cave and allow him to use it cheaper than last season, it's a sign of weakness for them and a 'win' for him.

This has the shades of another MK Dons scenario doesn't it? Egotistical AL won't live with anyone else being able to call the shots at the club. His model of using the club to cream off cash from the sale of his players doesn't really require fans to be reasonably successful, does it?

That FLG statement looked reasonable to me whereas the club one had Barry's cack handed paws all over it.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Eh? 

Regardless of what tale they tell if they've reached an agreement with Blitz and they've got the money they'll proceed with the purchase I'd imagine.

Are you thinking it's some kind of election/popularity contest? 

They've said they haven’t got the money haven’t they? I was under the impression they are looking for backers, including fans? Might be wrong. 

This has the potential to become an absolute nightmare.

My assumption is that 1) there was, at some point, a fall out between Blitz/Gazal and AL 2) with good intention, the FLG exploited this and approached Bltz/Gazal 3) Blitz/Gazal consider it better to "sell" to the FLG (maybe with a sprinkling of ulterior motive too) 4) the plan is for the FLG to raise the necessary capital in order to eventually purchase the whole ground/land etc.

If 4) comes to fruition, then AL is left very vulnerable e.g. the FLG could charge inflated rent to AL in order for his team to use the pitch and ground, thereby forcing AL out.

Now, at first sight, that might all sound good BUT beware bruised ego. If there's one thing that AL will detest (culturally) it is being seen to "lose face". If he digs his heels in and/or goes legal - well, who knows what the outcome might be. Unfortunately, little old Latics are smack bang in the middle.

My niggling worry is this; I have heard it mentioned a few times (particularly by Trust people) that some wouldn't mind Latics going down to "non league" and starting afresh. I say NO, NO and thrice NO - would be disastrous in my opinion.

This is going to get very ugly - not at all good for Latics in general.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They've said they haven’t got the money haven’t they? I was under the impression they are looking for backers, including fans? Might be wrong. 

Your having a bit of a mare here aren't you :petesake:

Once again, not for the first time, we have a situation where the club fail to respond to correspondence and requests for meetings for over two months. I am sure that if the FLG were telling porkies over this, it would soon be found out. AL and Co have previous for ignoring such items, namely the Trust and the FCA. If AL was accepting of the Ts & Cs for last season, but sees them somewhat differently this season (apart from an admitted 4% increase), then he is, in my eyes, just playing silly buggers to fuel his own ego.

Since he arrived, there has hardly been a week/month gone by without him stirring up unrest within the camp and among supporters. Think back to these little nuggets:

• Fanegate/Byrnegate
  • players being made to train with the yoofs, this not allowed to be selected for the first team squad (unless completely unavoidable)
  • interference with team selection (don't anyone tell me it didn't happen)
  • numerous sackings of the backroom staff (they can't all have been rubbish at their jobs)
  • the shoddy way in which Clarke and Baxter were treated
  • Pete Wild walking away from his dream job with the team he has loved since he was a lad
  • Mick Priest and Chris Millington gone without so much as a whisper
  • Andy Rhodes similarly departed
  • Scholes walking after 31 days (yes, I know there are those who reckon it was because he wasn't up to it)
  • Other players apparently gone; De la Paz, Benteke, O'Grady without a mention

There's probably more if I could but remember it all, but just that little list tells me that there is a great deal of unrest in the camp since AL arrived, then made his bruv a director and re-recruited Detective Redfleece. Everything that happens tells me that the man is a megalomaniac who simply fires anyone who remotely disagrees with him and, in the case of the Joe Royle Stand/OEC twists the details (and often the truth) to suit his own agenda. I wouldn't trust the bloke an inch and, provided the FLG are acting in good faith and are honest and open about their full intentions at the meeting on 27th July, I wish them well. It might, just might, be a way of ending this dictatorship that is strangling our club and creating an ever increasing divide amongst the fans.

A final show of how poor communication is between club and fans is this; how many of us knew that the Forest Green Rovers tickets were on open sale? I didn't. I haven't seen anything on the fishal. I simply looked at ticket availability on spec and there they are. Available to everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Simpo said:

I think AL has seen he can save money by not using the Joe Royle stand this season, and can now place the blame on the new fan led group instead of taking it himself.

And if they cave and allow him to use it cheaper than last season, it's a sign of weakness for them and a 'win' for him.

If he tries closing the stand having already sold tickets for it then he might as well hand in the keys at the same time.

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Your having a bit of a mare here aren't you :petesake:

Am I?

Explain it to me. You must know more than me. 

Edit... nothing? Ok. 

Edited by kowenicki