Boundary Park buy out

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

FLG no money and dont own didly squat. However happy to increase costs to "their club", you know thealready skint one. If they really had the clubs best interest at heart they would be looking at ways to reduce costs! It a blatant act of rocking the boat, knowing al would respond this way. I'm no al fan, but at least he is now paying wages on time and hopefully we are on a better financial footing. These guys dont  have a pot to piss in and playing Russian roulette with our club!

Could just sack all those staff who want paying minimum wage like Marco does

Edited by Senor_Coconut

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

This has the potential to become an absolute nightmare.

My assumption is that 1) there was, at some point, a fall out between Blitz/Gazal and AL 2) with good intention, the FLG exploited this and approached Bltz/Gazal 3) Blitz/Gazal consider it better to "sell" to the FLG (maybe with a sprinkling of ulterior motive too) 4) the plan is for the FLG to raise the necessary capital in order to eventually purchase the whole ground/land etc.

If 4) comes to fruition, then AL is left very vulnerable e.g. the FLG could charge inflated rent to AL in order for his team to use the pitch and ground, thereby forcing AL out.

Now, at first sight, that might all sound good BUT beware bruised ego. If there's one thing that AL will detest (culturally) it is being seen to "lose face". If he digs his heels in and/or goes legal - well, who knows what the outcome might be. Unfortunately, little old Latics are smack bang in the middle.

My niggling worry is this; I have heard it mentioned a few times (particularly by Trust people) that some wouldn't mind Latics going down to "non league" and starting afresh. I say NO, NO and thrice NO - would be disastrous in my opinion.

This is going to get very ugly - not at all good for Latics in general.

A very very wise owl. Saved me the time of writing this. Only thing I’d add is that many seem to lose sight of the fact AL and FLG are direct competitors for the land (or were until AL stated that Blitz and Gazal had overpriced the land). That and a possible hostile takeover attempt...it’s not really going to get AL onside. It’s the sort of tactic folk were pushing for the Trust to take. 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....Blitz wants to sell the land.... he could develop houses / flog it to amazon/Tesco et al....

Just to correct this, no he couldn’t. There’s a 99-yr covenant on the land the club sits on which states it has to be used for leisure and recreational purposes. Granted that doesn’t mean a football club but it certainly doesn’t mean houses or a Tesco. 

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just to correct this, no he couldn’t. There’s a 99-yr covenant on the land the club sits on which states it has to be used for leisure and recreational purposes. Granted that doesn’t mean a football club but it certainly doesn’t mean houses or a Tesco. 

Hence Blitz wants out and needs somebody silly enough to pay his asking price... hmmm. 

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

....he could seek to remove the football club - for not honouring the terms of its lease/rent, which indefensibly Marco isn’t doing - and look to redevelop it for commercial gain.... I’m sure, with appropriate sweeteners, he could find a way of developing it into a housing estate... he’s already done so on some of it / has planning permission to do more....

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

....he could seek to remove the football club - for not honouring the terms of its lease/rent, which indefensibly Marco isn’t doing - and look to redevelop it for commercial gain.... I’m sure, with appropriate sweeteners, he could find a way of developing it into a housing estate... he’s already done so on some of it / has planning permission to do more....

Blitz/Gazal could. Not the FLG (unless they buy the land but we know they're miles from that at present - at least 6mths, I suspect much further though.) Also, there is a difference between the agreement over the land and the OEC. Corney had agreed a 20yr lease with his 2 mates of which AL will have taken on. The OEC agreement is completely aside to that. If AL stops paying the land lease agreement then I'll be extremely concerned. The evidence suggests that isn't the case (or we'd be looking for a new home already) and it's the OEC agreement that's causing the friction. An agreement which the FLG, who are in direct competition to AL for the land, now reside over. Messy.

PS The Council couldn't be sweetened by TheThreeAssetstrippers originally...the deal was they could carve up the land around the site Boundary Park sits on but not that land itself. It sounds good to claim BP could be turned into a housing estate, but it won't happen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Blitz/Gazal could. Not the FLG (unless they buy the land but we know they're miles from that at present - at least 6mths, I suspect much further though.) Also, there is a difference between the agreement over the land and the OEC. Corney had agreed a 20yr lease with his 2 mates of which AL will have taken on. The OEC agreement is completely aside to that. If AL stops paying the land lease agreement then I'll be extremely concerned. The evidence suggests that isn't the case (or we'd be looking for a new home already) and it's the OEC agreement that's causing the friction. An agreement which the FLG, who are in direct competition to AL for the land, now reside over. Messy.

PS The Council couldn't be sweetened by TheThreeAssetstrippers originally...the deal was they could carve up the land around the site Boundary Park sits on but not that land itself. It sounds good to claim BP could be turned into a housing estate, but it won't happen.

Yes... and you certainly won’t get planning for a warehouse distribution centre like Amazon on that site. Supermarkets are currently more likely to be closing stores than opening them according to my senior Tesco pal. 

The site will will be extremely difficult to change from its current use for years to come. 

We have all been to friendly games when only the main stand and the away stand were opened so I see nothing strange in the arrangement for Saturday against Rochdale.

I assume that either Marco approached the purportedly fan led group with a view to opening it for the games or the purportedly fan led group approached Marco.  They can't agree how to split any receipts and we get the Marco missive.  As long as the Royle stand is open at the start of the season I can't see a problem unless Marco is using this storm to try and negotiate a better deal with the purportedly fan led group than he had last year.  Think I'll have a cup of tea and then go and collect my season ticket for the Royle Stand.

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Given yesterday's events are the Trust still having the AGM at the OEC? Can't imagine our new fans rep lasting too long on the board with the Lemsagam's if they do that... 

Can Lemgasam get rid of the Trust's position on the board?

10 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I could point you out a few houses that are used for leisure purposes 💋,

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

Can Lemgasam get rid of the Trust's position on the board?

What board? 

It may have been announced but I find it hard to believe it is functioning as a board. AL remains the only registered director 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Some of AL's lickspittles on that Facebook group are suggesting we move to City's little stadium 

:laught30:

Probably objected to the Failsworth move at the time as well, cringey as fuck some of the stuff on Twatter and the like from those well up his arse, let's see what transpires in the coming weeks when both sides lay their cards on the table, what baffles me is how some fans feel he gives two fuck about them because he put on a front in Morocco,  in the short term though  he will mainly be judged on the football and the team they've thrown together is dog shit so this is only going one way unfortunately.

41 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What are you expecting/hoping such a statement might say? 

Don't know but a war is coming and they are stuck right in the middle of it they may be forced to pick a side.

Edited by GlossopLatic