Boundary Park buy out

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Bizarrely you can't register a company with Trust in the name, or at least couldn't at the time of incorporation.

It's not that bizarre. A trust is not a legal entity, its responsibilities fall to individuals as if they are acting in a personal capacity.  There are other titles that can't be used such as Chartered, Royal etc. as they could give a false impression of their status. 

35 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Yeah only really the mods on there that seem to believe the twaddle coming from :clown:

Correct.  That 1.2k will slowly fall as the admins on there (particularly that tosser Partington) ban anybody that speaks up against Clown & Co.

Edited by sjk2008

4 hours ago, Macca said:

Can Lemgasam get rid of the Trust's position on the board?

He could hold board meetings without telling him like Corney did with the last one but that would require board meetings in the first place 

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

No idea... but I guarantee it’s too much.  What do you think? 

If you weren't see clearly ignorant of Carl Menger's work on subjective value theory you wouldn't have made such a nonsensical statement 

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I haven't heard anything about AL seriously wanting/trying to buy the land/the rest..... 

When he came in he said he was focusing on getting the playing side right first, so I presume he hasn't given his full attention to the property side yet

10 minutes ago, leeslover said:

If you weren't see clearly ignorant of Carl Menger's work on subjective value theory you wouldn't have made such a nonsensical statement 

Loving the use of nonsensical, I miss pleb, hospikal ,chippy van and Dino's...

If AL decides to close the JR stand (not his to close) for the coming season. What's to stop the FLG opening it themselves free of charge, or say 5 quid a game,  AL can't erect a screen to stop people watching the game, as he would need permission from the land owners to do that. If it's policed properly with stewards, there shouldn't be a problem. Or am I being simplistic in my thinking, and there is some way AL can stop people watching his team?

AL had no right to take season ticket money off supporters for the JR stand if he did not have an agreement in place. If he closes the stand for the beginning of the season then, surely, he will need to offer refunds to everyone affected.

14 minutes ago, owdumer said:

AL had no right to take season ticket money off supporters for the JR stand if he did not have an agreement in place. If he closes the stand for the beginning of the season then, surely, he will need to offer refunds to everyone affected.

True.

44 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If AL decides to close the JR stand (not his to close) for the coming season. What's to stop the FLG opening it themselves free of charge, or say 5 quid a game,  AL can't erect a screen to stop people watching the game, as he would need permission from the land owners to do that. If it's policed properly with stewards, there shouldn't be a problem. Or am I being simplistic in my thinking, and there is some way AL can stop people watching his team?

It’s the same reason the gym has to put the shutters down during matches. The match is a product which isn’t the North Stand’s to sell

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What board? 

It may have been announced but I find it hard to believe it is functioning as a board. AL remains the only registered director 

An update! 

I'm sure you'll be the first to say is still far from functioning. 

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

?!? You're using keen to learn when you've been wrong and thus improve yourself as a person. It's one of your finest qualities.

I actually read about it before I replied. I’ve decided it will bring nothing to my life. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OAFC1984 said:

It’s the same reason the gym has to put the shutters down during matches. The match is a product which isn’t the North Stand’s to sell

What about the residents of the apartments in the corner at Leyton Orient who stand in their balcony and watch the game? 

At the last trust/fans meeting Darren seemed to be relishing the involvement of the FLG. It will be interesting to see if he carries his support for them into the boardroom and if he does what the reaction of AL & Co will be....

As he says it will be his first board meeting as the official trust representatives. If AL has a stroppy fit I have a feeling it could very well be his last!!

Just now, oafc1955 said:

At the last trust/fans meeting Darren seemed to be relishing the involvement of the FLG. It will be interesting to see if he carries his support for them into the boardroom and if he does what the reaction of AL & Co will be....

As he says it will be his first board meeting as the official trust representatives. If AL has a stroppy fit I have a feeling it could very well be his last!!

This "Trust have a seat on the board" thing is tiresome. From the fans' persepective, it's a complete waste of time; always has been and always will be. In the past it has only helped to feed personal egos and assist self-serving personal agendas. I will never understand why the Trust do not relinquish their 3% shareholding (or get some decent money from AL for the 3%) and focus their energy where they can make a real difference for the fans. 

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

This "Trust have a seat on the board" thing is tiresome. From the fans' persepective, it's a complete waste of time; always has been and always will be. In the past it has only helped to feed personal egos and assist self-serving personal agendas. I will never understand why the Trust do not relinquish their 3% shareholding (or get some decent money from AL for the 3%) and focus their energy where they can make a real difference for the fans. 

Which is how? 

What can't the Trust do now that they could if they relinquished the 3% (something they won't get anything for) and seat on the board?

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think we all know what will happen there?