Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

On 7/22/2019 at 11:05 PM, underdog said:

Jason stood for the position of Trust Treasurer at tonight's AGM. This is part of his statement for the role.

I am currently Managing Director of Global Markets Operations for J P Morgan Investment Bank.

I manage over 1,000 people in 14 countries, supporting all operational aspects of market instruments such as, FX, Emerging Markets, bonds and derivatives.

I am also a  director of three companies that have collectively invested more than 5mm GBP in Oldham, providing jobs and housing to the area.

Thanks underdog - info at companies house details the 3 companies he is a director of. One newly formed earlier this year. The other 2 would seem to be primarily involved in property purchase/rental via "buy to let" mortgages. Classed as micro companies with net assets between them of minus £51k.

I`m sure he's a very dedicated chap (and great fan hopefully) but people I speak to (and some on here) are speculating that he may be "the saviour" (and part of the FLG) with the personal wealth to purchase the ground etc. etc. 

Let's see what the FLG announcements bring but I think we should just dampen down our expectations a little!

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Anyone recall when @OAFCBilly said he was back from his holiday? 

I was intending to get my son a North Stand season ticket for his birthday in early August so would like to know whether or not we'll be able to sit there or if we'll have to suffer the satanic darkness of the RRE and it's wasteland to the rear or the 1970's vibe & contagious perma-depression of the Main Stand before making a decision.... 

Thats one of most lucid and colourful passages of prose I’ve ever witnessed you type. Bravo.

15 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Thanks underdog - info at companies house details the 3 companies he is a director of. One newly formed earlier this year. The other 2 would seem to be primarily involved in property purchase/rental via "buy to let" mortgages. Classed as micro companies with net assets between them of minus £51k.

I`m sure he's a very dedicated chap (and great fan hopefully) but people I speak to (and some on here) are speculating that he may be "the saviour" (and part of the FLG) with the personal wealth to purchase the ground etc. etc. 

Let's see what the FLG announcements bring but I think we should just dampen down our expectations a little!

I think a key attribute is access to funds rather than a personal fortune.

5 hours ago, singe said:

Well that builder bloke will have some judging by the amount of loans and revolving credit arrangements he’s taken out from well known (!?) lending institutions in the last 12 months. So let’s hope he is indeed involved with FLG. 

6 hours ago, singe said:

That had always been my view too, singe. However, some people are putting 2 and 2 together - and getting 55! Heard someone in the pub the other night saying the stadium will be re-named the "JP Morgan" when they buy it! That name actually has a nice ring to it - but if it does happen - I will show my ring on the Town Hall steps! 

51 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well that builder bloke will have some judging by the amount of loans and revolving credit arrangements he’s taken out from well known (!?) lending institutions in the last 12 months. So let’s hope he is indeed involved with FLG. 

At least we know where the money will have come from, know he has a personal stake in sucess, and his personal motivations.

12 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

That had always been my view too, singe. However, some people are putting 2 and 2 together - and getting 55! Heard someone in the pub the other night saying the stadium will be re-named the "JP Morgan" when they buy it! That name actually has a nice ring to it - but if it does happen - I will show my ring on the Town Hall steps! 

Didn’t the Trust confirm last night that nobody from the Trust is involved with the FLG?  So this guy is not involved. 

1 minute ago, singe said:

https://trustoldham.co.uk/about/trust-oldham-whos-who/

Director, Trust Represntative to FLG.

What does that mean?  “Trust rep to FLG”. So not part of the FLG but the Trust member in communication with the FLG?  It’s all very opaque. The club, the trust, the FLG.  Opaque shambles. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What does that mean?  “Trust rep to FLG”. So not part of the FLG but the Trust member in communication with the FLG?  It’s all very opaque. The club, the trust, the FLG.  Opaque shambles. 

Best go on Saturday then.

Seriously though, I wish you would.  You are the sort of person that can ask direct and knowledgeable questions.

10 minutes ago, singe said:

I did add an edit.

If the money bothers you (of course it doesn't)_ I'll book you a space myself.

I’ve bought bars of chocolate that cost more. 😁

Seriously... I thought it was immediately after the game!?  It says 6.30 until 9.30? 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’ve bought bars of chocolate that cost more. 😁

Seriously... I thought it was immediately after the game!?  It says 6.30 until 9.30? 

Food first?

Time for a couple of drinks. I doubt you have to stay till 9.30!

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Food first?

Time for a couple of drinks. I doubt you have to stay till 9.30!

Slight complication being I’m on a distillery tour/workshop with her indoors and some friends from 7.00.  Wasn’t this billed as after the game? I’m sure it was. 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

i’m tempted but i’m sure someone will provide a decent write up 

You may not understand the report if written by one of the geriatric lemmings.

May i just run a possible excerpt by you.....  Eeeeeeeeeeee, it wer a greaaaaat do wit whippersnappers from thFLG and even pie and peas furt tea. No sign oth organ grinder, onlyt monkey Owen.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

De de de de opaque shambles........

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Bugger, so did I!

A lot of people will have commitments on a Saturday evening. After the game would have been fine - I can't attend 6.30 until 9.30 either.

Archived