Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Ironic, I admit my views on most things Abdallah have become polarised but equally you never seem to deviate from the way you view things, if I'm only getting round to calling him a cunt every other week I will have to up my game.

Personally I think all this will come out in the wash and if I've got him wrong I'm big enough to apologise in much the same way I said I would when i saw Corney for what he was, we are not all going to agree but just because my view differs it doesn't mean I'm a child or a WUM, I really would love him to prove me wrong and deliver what he's promised but he's a million miles away from that in my opinion.

Really? If you take your blinkers off you will see I have criticised him plenty of times. I just don’t see the need to repeat the same old crap every day in reaction to every single bit of news. 

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Really? If you take your blinkers off you will see I have criticised him plenty of times. I just don’t see the need to repeat the same old crap every day in reaction to every single bit of news. 

Again ironic.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He's the club apologist always asking for evidence when it's clear for everyone to see what's going on. As you rightly say the truth will come out and unfortunately for AL and his lemmings it won't make for nice reading.

As sure as night follows day up pops the OWTB parrot.

Forgot on here you cannot have an open view-you have to be against the current regime. I have now come to understand that if a poster uses the words 'clear' or 'assume' they usually making it up. Never mind I quite understand you and your back slapping mates have not had the best of days after the accounts were filed and they didn't quite meet your doom and gloom expectations. There is always next years to look forward to.

Your comments would carry a bit more weight if you actually supported the club but I am sure whinge (oops) Singe, Clifford et al will be along shortly to tell you what a good job you are doing highlighting every thing that is wrong with the club in your opinion but none of you are able to do tap all about it-how can you after all? Of course-stop going and strangle the club financially even more. Not enough-just go to away games then and give your money to our rivals. Good plan.

Should you be wrong about about Al (and I doubt you are by the way) I bet there is as much chance of an apology as hell freezing over. Safe bet really wasn't it?

13 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Forgot on here you cannot have an open view-you have to be against the current regime. I have now come to understand that if a poster uses the words 'clear' or 'assume' they usually making it up. Never mind I quite understand you and your back slapping mates have not had the best of days after the accounts were filed and they didn't quite meet your doom and gloom expectations. There is always next years to look forward to.

Your comments would carry a bit more weight if you actually supported the club but I am sure whinge (oops) Singe, Clifford et al will be along shortly to tell you what a good job you are doing highlighting every thing that is wrong with the club in your opinion but none of you are able to do tap all about it-how can you after all? Of course-stop going and strangle the club financially even more. Not enough-just go to away games then and give your money to our rivals. Good plan.

Should you be wrong about about Al (and I doubt you are by the way) I bet there is as much chance of an apology as hell freezing over. Safe bet really wasn't it?

Wait. You’re telling me you’re accepting those unaudited accounts as gospel? Ok then no worries. 

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wait. You’re telling me you’re accepting those unaudited accounts as gospel? Ok then no worries. 

Look at you posting on a subject like you have a clue what you are talking about. 😂

32 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

It's not our club anymore bruv.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Here he is apologist number one with his usual tripe defending the indefensible- crack on old bean, haven't you got a pile of sand you need to bury your head in. :OASISscarf:

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Ironic, I admit my views on most things Abdallah have become polarised but equally you never seem to deviate from the way you view things, if I'm only getting round to calling him a cunt every other week I will have to up my game.

Personally I think all this will come out in the wash and if I've got him wrong I'm big enough to apologise in much the same way I said I would when i saw Corney for what he was, we are not all going to agree but just because my view differs it doesn't mean I'm a child or a WUM, I really would love him to prove me wrong and deliver what he's promised but he's a million miles away from that in my opinion.

You take weeks 1 and 3 of the month and I will take care of 2 and 4.

On 7/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, League one forever said:

You’ve got to hand it to Blitz. 

Money key from the houses and kidney unit. Rent from Corney and now A/L every year since he left- holding out for top dollar on the OEC and ground. All with no liability for the football club. 

Thanks for memories. 😩

Makes me physically sick that weasel was on the pitch lauding it at Fulham, cunt.

I assume the SLA is not about the 'rent' payable.  The stadium including the football related parts of the JR stand are leased to the football club and a 'rent' will be payable.  In the past this 'rent' has been waived but I don't know for how long.  It is inconceivable that the 'rent' would be waived following a change in ownership to a third party but we don't know what SC might have said to Marco to get him to sign up.

The current dispute seems to be about the non football related parts of the JR stand that I assume are leased to the OEC but used by the football club on match days plus catering and entertaining.  It might be reasonable for the FLG who now run the OEC to ask for a 4% increase but as my season ticket has not gone up OAFC gets less so you might conclude that the FLG is in fact harming OAFC rather than supporting 'their' team.

43 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I assume the SLA is not about the 'rent' payable.  The stadium including the football related parts of the JR stand are leased to the football club and a 'rent' will be payable.  In the past this 'rent' has been waived but I don't know for how long.  It is inconceivable that the 'rent' would be waived following a change in ownership to a third party but we don't know what SC might have said to Marco to get him to sign up.

The current dispute seems to be about the non football related parts of the JR stand that I assume are leased to the OEC but used by the football club on match days plus catering and entertaining.  It might be reasonable for the FLG who now run the OEC to ask for a 4% increase but as my season ticket has not gone up OAFC gets less so you might conclude that the FLG is in fact harming OAFC rather than supporting 'their' team.

100 club prices went up though?

58 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Seems to be a reasonable summary.  The thing about the minimum wage is bogus too imo. Pretty much every business I’m aware of just soaks that up and takes a hit on profits...therein lies the problem of course

If the OEC will live or die (or really struggle) based purely on a minimum wage rise for a handful of people then it is a terrible business and the FLG are stupid for taking it on. 40p per hour more for a low number of part time staff...  we are talking two or three grand a year tops surely? 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The thing about the minimum wage is bogus too imo

That's 1 factor, there's also the increase in food costs (even Greggs have put their prices up 5% this year). Plus the club will received a guaranteed income from the kiosks that they haven't had before.

20 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

One mans whinge is another mans desperation to point out the blindingly obvious.
And I have had plenty of disagreements in the past with many of the people pointing out the same thing here.

41 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If they really are "fans" they should be helping the club and put petty feuds to one side. It's about the club not punishing AL.

Business is supposed to be about supply and demand, neither of which seem to apply in this case.

45 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

That's 1 factor, there's also the increase in food costs (even Greggs have put their prices up 5% this year). Plus the club will received a guaranteed income from the kiosks that they haven't had before.

Yes, but it’s THE main thing pointed to by the FLG isn’t it? It’s buttons. 

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes, but it’s THE main thing pointed to by the FLG isn’t it? It’s buttons. 

I thought the main thing pointed to by the FLG was that no one from the club had even responded to them sending the SLA in May despite frequent requests. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Seems to be a reasonable summary.  The thing about the minimum wage is bogus too imo. Pretty much every business I’m aware of just soaks that up and takes a hit on profits...therein lies the problem of course

If the OEC will live or die (or really struggle) based purely on a minimum wage rise for a handful of people then it is a terrible business and the FLG are stupid for taking it on. 40p per hour more for a low number of part time staff...  we are talking two or three grand a year tops surely? 

Have you ever worked in the hospitality industry?

Its an industry with low margins and large numbers of staff most of which are on minimum wage. I worked for a very large one at one point they said if they increased the staff pay from minimum wage to what was a "living wage" at the time it would half the profits. Seriously it makes a difference.

Archived