Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

48 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes, but it’s THE main thing pointed to by the FLG isn’t it? It’s buttons. 

No, no it isn't. You're making that up.

"In terms of ‘unreasonable demands’ the proposed SLA for the new season has the same commercial terms applied to it as the previous 2018/19 season agreement, with a 4% increase to cover a rise in the minimum wage and food costs over the last 12 months. The Club have also been offered a guaranteed income from the kiosks, something that in previous season’s hasn’t happened." - https://boundaryparkpurchase.home.blog/

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Yes, but it’s THE main thing pointed to by the FLG isn’t it? It’s buttons. 

Why can’t the club pay it then? Especially knowing they’ll be getting more back. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Have you ever worked in the hospitality industry?

Its an industry with low margins and large numbers of staff most of which are on minimum wage. I worked for a very large one at one point they said if they increased the staff pay from minimum wage to what was a "living wage" at the time it would half the profits. Seriously it makes a difference.

+1. I've been in the Catering Industry for 37 years, 32 as a manager and staff and food costs have increased markedly in the last 2 years.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

+1. I've been in the Catering Industry for 37 years, 32 as a manager and staff and food costs have increased markedly in the last 2 years.

No, no, no. Kowenicki the business guru has said that there's hardly any impact. You must be wrong. The FLG are trying to screw the club over....

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Seems to be a reasonable summary.  The thing about the minimum wage is bogus too imo. Pretty much every business I’m aware of just soaks that up and takes a hit on profits...therein lies the problem of course

If the OEC will live or die (or really struggle) based purely on a minimum wage rise for a handful of people then it is a terrible business and the FLG are stupid for taking it on. 40p per hour more for a low number of part time staff...  we are talking two or three grand a year tops surely? 

Of course it is significant, food and wage costs are the most significant direct costs of any hospitality business.40 pubs a week are being closed because of this,in an industry with historically low margins

52 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

No, no, no. Kowenicki the business guru has said that there's hardly any impact. You must be wrong. The FLG are trying to screw the club over....

Yes. That’s exactly what I said. 

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

"In terms of ‘unreasonable demands’ the proposed SLA for the new season has the same commercial terms applied to it as the previous 2018/19 season agreement, with a 4% increase to cover a rise in the minimum wage and food costs over the last 12 months. The Club have also been offered a guaranteed income from the kiosks, something that in previous season’s hasn’t happened." - https://boundaryparkpurchase.home.blog/

How many staff do they have serving on match day that is rechargeable to OAFC?

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

😂  blimey, question the FLG and people get awfully triggered don’t they. 

Try and make out that it's nothing to try and say that the FLG are screwing the club and you'll get pulled up on it.

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

2 hours ago, maddog said:

Why can’t the club pay it then? Especially knowing they’ll be getting more back. 

So the fixed income offer represents more than what the club has made from it in previous seasons/last season? 

19 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

So the fixed income offer represents more than what the club has made from it in previous seasons/last season? 

I don’t know - that’s not what I meant. But if it’s ‘just buttons’ of 3-4K, and will in reality be less than that, due to the extra they’ll be getting, why can’t the club pay it? 

2 minutes ago, maddog said:

I don’t know - that’s not what I meant. But if it’s ‘just buttons’ of 3-4K, and will in reality be less than that, due to the extra they’ll be getting, why can’t the club pay it? 

Its a good question... and it’s also a circular argument. 

This all just reinforces how silly it is to have separate ownership. 

36 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Its a good question... and it’s also a circular argument. 

This all just reinforces how silly it is to have separate ownership. 

Also proves how a club our size and income cannot sustain idea's of grandeur whilst individual interests diverting monies from one central pot. 

Archived