Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

10 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Unlike you I do not have theory-nor do I post made up stories to suit your current vendetta against the current ownership.

Your last couple of posts are months out of date as there has been no problem with wages, bills,tax for some time, but you keep trying to use it.

Agreed GE funds will have helped-just like it has always done for us in the past-nothing new here.

No issue with wages for last few months. Do you think that may be connected to season ticket sales and prize monies? 

As said early exit in the cups and the walls will tumble in. Sad but true.

Keep your head in the sand, many Bury fans did the same.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So how does this sit with this?

If there was supposedly no rental income does it mean the stand is fully paid for and no borrowing against it?

Hi whittles - Simon Corney stated to all the fans present that the landlords were not charging the club rental at the time of the meeting. My understanding was that it was a "mates/former business partners" doing a favour to help see the club through lean times. The notes compiled at the time and posted on here would clarify.

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Hi whittles - Simon Corney stated to all the fans present that the landlords were not charging the club rental at the time of the meeting. My understanding was that it was a "mates/former business partners" doing a favour to help see the club through lean times. The notes compiled at the time and posted on here would clarify.

I wouldn't describe Blitz and Corneys relationship as matey in recent years, quite the opposite at times.

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

2) It has been clarified before that the chap who joined the Trust is merely an employee of JP Morgan - not some moneybags partner/director of it. He had the job title of "MD" or something like that but it's one of those companies where the tea lady gets a job title like "Head of Corporate Hospitality" - in other words he's not some rich director of an investment bank. He may, of course, have the necessary contacts to enquire seriously about raising the necessary capital via various means.

Jason stood for the position of Trust Treasurer at tonight's AGM. This is part of his statement for the role.

I am currently Managing Director of Global Markets Operations for J P Morgan Investment Bank.

I manage over 1,000 people in 14 countries, supporting all operational aspects of market instruments such as, FX, Emerging Markets, bonds and derivatives.

I am also a  director of three companies that have collectively invested more than 5mm GBP in Oldham, providing jobs and housing to the area.

3 hours ago, Clifford said:

Keep your head in the sand, many Bury fans did the same.

So presumably you consider yourself to have your head above the sand? Just what is your insight achieving other than spreading untruths about what is actually happening.

Of course poor cup runs will mean trouble-as I keep telling you nothing new here again.

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Jason stood for the position of Trust Treasurer at tonight's AGM. This is part of his statement for the role.

I am currently Managing Director of Global Markets Operations for J P Morgan Investment Bank.

I manage over 1,000 people in 14 countries, supporting all operational aspects of market instruments such as, FX, Emerging Markets, bonds and derivatives.

I am also a  director of three companies that have collectively invested more than 5mm GBP in Oldham, providing jobs and housing to the area.

Sounds further up the ladder than the tea lady. 

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So presumably you consider yourself to have your head above the sand? Just what is your insight achieving other than spreading untruths about what is actually happening.

Of course poor cup runs will mean trouble-as I keep telling you nothing new here again.

Untruths?

Any proof for that?

9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Untruths?

Any proof for that?

I am fairly certain we've failed to pay bills, taxes, wages and lived rent free in the ground. Not all happening now so the dummy spitting has started.

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sounds further up the ladder than the tea lady. 

Although admittedly, I have not seen him make a brew....hmmm....maybe it's all in the wrists and I need to pay careful observations to his pouring from now on..heheh

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Wow can't believe he's being entertained, last seasons Coke is this season Eagles and all that. :petesake:

It would really depend on any terms offered. The Giles coke 2 year deal really was a disaster 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

So one of the big bad wolves that "stripped" the club dry gave Corney free rent?

Probably fed up of bailing him out, then just fed up of him. I wonder if Corney explained this fully to "his good friend Abdallah"

10 hours ago, singe said:

Untruths?

Any proof for that?

What? Now one has to prove its not true that Al has not been paying rent on time for the OEC as the original poster stated. If you are going to accuse at least be in a position to give some evidence to support your statement. He cannot.

14 minutes ago, Lags said:

Probably fed up of bailing him out, then just fed up of him. I wonder if Corney explained this fully to "his good friend Abdallah"

Exactly that. Blitz propped Corney up for years and got fed up of it. Hence the Brassbank charge on the club the last time he sent him money. That doesn't excuse Abdallah though, he had his own advisors to look into the detail.

27 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

What? Now one has to prove its not true that Al has not been paying rent on time for the OEC as the original poster stated. If you are going to accuse at least be in a position to give some evidence to support your statement. He cannot.

I am confident it will come out, and some people that I think are trustworthy saying he owes.

But can you prove it's not true, which you did, you said people were saying untruths.

49 minutes ago, singe said:

I am confident it will come out, and some people that I think are trustworthy saying he owes.

But can you prove it's not true, which you did, you said people were saying untruths.

He's the club apologist always asking for evidence when it's clear for everyone to see what's going on. As you rightly say the truth will come out and unfortunately for AL and his lemmings it won't make for nice reading.

Did Blitz/brassbank forego rent to tide the club over or was it just deferred like you would on a mortgage if you are struggling to pay?

Blitz won't get all his money back if the club were to go pop, so there is an incentive for him to give the club a helping hand in this respect.

Unlike other businesses football clubs can come into a windfall unexpectedly, only need to draw a large prem team away in one of the cups and that will keep the club solvent for another year or two regardless of how we do in the league.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's the club apologist always asking for evidence when it's clear for everyone to see what's going on. As you rightly say the truth will come out and unfortunately for AL and his lemmings it won't make for nice reading.

Why is everything so black and white for you? People not calling him a c*nt like you do every other week are not necessarily lemmings.

39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why is everything so black and white for you? 

Ironic, I admit my views on most things Abdallah have become polarised but equally you never seem to deviate from the way you view things, if I'm only getting round to calling him a cunt every other week I will have to up my game.

Personally I think all this will come out in the wash and if I've got him wrong I'm big enough to apologise in much the same way I said I would when i saw Corney for what he was, we are not all going to agree but just because my view differs it doesn't mean I'm a child or a WUM, I really would love him to prove me wrong and deliver what he's promised but he's a million miles away from that in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Ironic, I admit my views on most things Abdallah have become polarised but equally you never seem to deviate from the way you view things, if I'm only getting round to calling him a cunt every other week I will have to up my game.

Personally I think all this will come out in the wash and if I've got him wrong I'm big enough to apologise in much the same way I said I would when i saw Corney for what he was, we are not all going to agree but just because my view differs it doesn't mean I'm a child or a WUM, I really would love him to prove me wrong and deliver what he's promised but he's a million miles away from that in my opinion.

Apologise to who? AL? If youre wrong about him, you will be at the back of a long queue, including Craig Davies, Anthony Gerrard, Richie Wellens, Simon Brooke and Mr Masterchef. I doubt you've much apologising to do.

Archived