Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lags said:

Also proves how a club our size and income cannot sustain idea's of grandeur whilst individual interests diverting monies from one central pot. 

Well he could always buy the ground himself...

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Its a good question... and it’s also a circular argument. 

This all just reinforces how silly it is to have separate ownership. 

Absolutely, yet AL could have rectified that but chose not to do so. If we are to have separate ownership I would rather it be the FLG involved than people with no affinity to the club. 

If AL wants to bugger off in the not to distant future then I’m sure the football club would be in a better position to move forward than when he arrived!

Thats providing he doesn’t leave us up to the eye balls in debt!

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Its a good question... and it’s also a circular argument. 

This all just reinforces how silly it is to have separate ownership. 

Maybe. But nothing had changed - it was separate ownership before. I think the FLG would love the whole shebang - not necessarily by  them - together. And they don’t trust AL with it. Although he allegedly showed little serious interest in buying the ground himself so...

9 hours ago, ChrisA said:

It should do though. Accounts look 5m better off don't they.

Throw some more and claim the ground as your own. Problem solved.

On the face of it (clearly I'm no expert) the accounts do look healthier, on that basis I'd of expected Abdallah to have used these to try and get fans on side, if he has shaved £5 million of debt off them I'd would of expected some sort of statement to support them if only to try and build some positivity.

Surely he could present a five year plan of how it would become a profitable venture and mortgage it. Seems to be the plan from others.

He said he hadn't bought the lot initially. Then we had the "I thought I had". Did he want it all or not then? Still a way to make it happen.

OK here’s a thought

1. The Clown runs the club, forgets about buying the OEC/stadium/land unless he puts in a serious bid matching the FLG bid?

2. Money he wished to “invest” in purchasing the OEC, he invests in promising talent that can be sold on and he generates income for the playing side of the club or himself from this

3. The Clown pays a fair rent and in returns receives a fair % of proceeds from the OEC.  Income back from footfall is linked to success etc - better we perform, greater attention/attendance = progressive income linked

4. On-field we perform better, challenge at top, increase attendances, increase match-day income and all parties prosper

Its all divisive and unless one party wishes to buy out the other then I suggest you bury your differences for the sake of this club.  That said, has the FLG bought north stand/OEC yet or simply renting/running themselves at moment?  What about the other three stands?

Frankly I’m now bored of it all and focussed solely on the team and how competitive we will be.  We need experience in defence, another striker at least and a creative midfielder.  Too many triallist/unknowns that have shown glimpses of promise - we need a few names to boost STs further.  Get Lang back to start with....

I'm very sceptical of the accounts, likely everyone.

Has anyone come up with a realistc reason for this reduction of £5m?

I  highly doubt it has just been paid. Either accounting method or realllocation?

7 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

That said, has the FLG bought north stand/OEC yet or simply renting/running themselves at moment?  What about the other three stands?

My understanding as it stands, they are running the OEC while progressing with finalising the purchase of freehold of the land and the whole of the Joe Royle stand. The 3 other stands are owned by AL on a leasehold basis.

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

My understanding as it stands, they are running the OEC while progressing with finalising the purchase of freehold of the land and the whole of the Joe Royle stand. The 3 other stands are owned by AL on a leasehold basis.

Thanks; so the 3 other stands are owned by Blitz and leased to club?

Wasn’t the FLG buying the OEC and the 3 stands, land etc?  This means the FLG becomes the landlord for the whole lot?!

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Thanks; so the 3 other stands are owned by Blitz and leased to club?

Wasn’t the FLG buying the OEC and the 3 stands, land etc?  This means the FLG becomes the landlord for the whole lot?!

They own the land that the stands are on I think, not the stands themselves. Could be wrong though.

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's weird how bringing it all together doesn't interest him, maybe owning the badge is the only vehicle he needs.

Alledgedly, not even the badge. I believe Eden creative own the copyright.

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

Alledgedly, not even the badge. I believe Eden creative own the copyright.

Really? 

If a firm commissions someone to produce something specifically for them they'd generally own the IP. 

It is perfect business sense, particularly for football clubs, to keep the main asset, the stadium, in a separate entity from the football club but what you then want is for the football club to lease the stadium so that it can take advantage of any profits.  What we have is a separation whereby the stadium owning entity is trying to run a football stadium at a profit which must be to the detriment of the football club.

If I am to believe what I read the FLG wants to own not only the stadium but also the football club.  If I was Marco I wouldn't be happy about this.

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Really? 

If a firm commissions someone to produce something specifically for them they'd generally own the IP. 

It was in Corney's reign.

I am unsure how it happened, but apparently Eden do own the copyright.  I think it has been covered in another post about when Eden left BP a few months ago. I believe they were also producing the programme and programming the LED perimeter boards. Alledgedly.

Happy to be corrected if wrong

22 hours ago, latics22 said:

If they really are "fans" they should be helping the club and put petty feuds to one side. It's about the club not punishing AL.

They've asked to talk with AL but it appears from the recent statements AL hasn't done that.

If what they're asking is too high then AL needs to speak with them, tell them why and see if they can come to a better deal.

If AL isn't talking to them then who's fault is all this really?

Were the LED perimeter boards in use against Rochdale?

Also heard there was no programmes available either, have the club sorted out programmes for the coming season? I think the club needs to produce a programme for every league home game.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

From one of the blogs:

As previously announced, the purchase includes the ground, stands, North Stand and Car Parks.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

It continues to confuse me this (yeah, fuck off :grin: ...) - why then the regular talk of him "only owning the badge"?  

Archived