Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone recall when @OAFCBilly said he was back from his holiday? 

I was intending to get my son a North Stand season ticket for his birthday in early August so would like to know whether or not we'll be able to sit there or if we'll have to suffer the satanic darkness of the RRE and it's wasteland to the rear or the 1970's vibe & contagious perma-depression of the Main Stand before making a decision.... 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Anyone recall when Billy said he was back from his holiday? 

I was intending to get my son a North Stand season ticket for his birthday in early August so would like to know whether or not we'll be able to sit there or if we'll have to suffer the satanic darkness of the RRE and it's wasteland to the rear or the 1970's vibe & contagious perma-depression of the Main Stand before making a decision.... 

The woman in the ticket office told me last week that he was due back this week.  I'm sure she said Monday but I may be wrong.

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Were the LED perimeter boards in use against Rochdale?

Also heard there was no programmes available either, have the club sorted out programmes for the coming season? I think the club needs to produce a programme for every league home game.

Sadly they don't and can choose on a  match by match basis. Not hard to work out what is happening here I can see on a claim of cost grounds we have none all season, or weeks into it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396446

3 hours ago, singe said:

I'm very sceptical of the accounts, likely everyone.

Has anyone come up with a realistc reason for this reduction of £5m?

I  highly doubt it has just been paid. Either accounting method or realllocation?

The only thing I can think of is that it was written off. perhaps Abdullah and Mr Blitz came to an agreement where by Mr Blitz was owed £5million he knew he wasn't going to get it back so Abdullah said I can give you £2million and you still own the ground I pay you rent and we call it quits.

I'm not saying that's happened but it would be a possible reason why that debt has been written off and AL has said he has put money into the football club, for all his lies I can actually believe he has put capital into the club in the last 2 years.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The only thing I can think of is that it was written off. perhaps Abdullah and Mr Blitz came to an agreement where by Mr Blitz was owed £5million he knew he wasn't going to get it back so Abdullah said I can give you £2million and you still own the ground I pay you rent and we call it quits.

I'm not saying that's happened but it would be a possible reason why that debt has been written off and AL has said he has put money into the football club, for all his lies I can actually believe he has put capital into the club in the last 2 years.

Cheers.

I also wondered if there might have been some sort of agreement for the whole lot only for him to pull out /renege on it.

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Cheers.

I also wondered if there might have been some sort of agreement for the whole lot only for him to pull out /renege on it.

It could be that the original debt was whipped off and a new debt has been created by the current owner.

Thing is no one will know as they have given us edited unverified rubbish.

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Also heard there was no programmes available either, have the club sorted out programmes for the coming season? I think the club needs to produce a programme for every league home game.

No club needs to produce a (physical) programme anymore. 

Was changed last year, but most clubs have opted to keep producing them. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

No club needs to produce a (physical) programme anymore. 

Was changed last year, but most clubs have opted to keep producing them. 

I really wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t produce them. Eden’s presence will be missed. Even the team sheet for the Rochdale game looked like it had been done on Microsoft paint!

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I really wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t produce them. Eden’s presence will be missed. Even the team sheet for the Rochdale game looked like it had been done on Microsoft paint!

I can imagine Birkettvision Productions only stretch to paint 

6 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Thanks; so the 3 other stands are owned by Blitz and leased to club?

Wasn’t the FLG buying the OEC and the 3 stands, land etc?  This means the FLG becomes the landlord for the whole lot?!

That was my understanding also

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Anyone recall when @OAFCBilly said he was back from his holiday? 

Back in today, was meant to be in yesterday but my flight back was delayed 8 hours 😂

I've been informed that ST's will be available in the NS and ST's purchased in the NS will be honoured regardless of anything relating to an agreement

This was posted by I think it is Tracy a few weeks ago.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:47 AM, underdog said:

sorry I posted the wrong link. I will try and find it

Owner owns Club in name only and is responsible for that business that is OAFC - lterally he is a tennant

BB or Blitz/Gazal own footprint of BP.  BP is pitch, 4 stands, little wembly, car parks. As per the ACV and some surrounding land.They are our landlords.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:34 PM, underdog said:

Little wembley is not part of the FLG buy.

The Trust are aware of the previous section 106 that Sporting England placed with regards to compensation at the time if little wembley was lost. Compensation was for a 3g pitch with floodlights at cathedral (not chapel...I had to look up where it was..near North Chadd school where Chadd FC are now). It is not relevant now...however little wembley is on the ACV plan so Trust would have to be notified of any changes.

3 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

Back in today, was meant to be in yesterday but my flight back was delayed 8 hours 😂

I've been informed that ST's will be available in the NS and ST's purchased in the NS will be honoured regardless of anything relating to an agreement

Get the compensation claim in!

1 hour ago, OAFCBilly said:

I assume u didn't have to ring and inform AL direct? Now that would be a scary call, ud be long gone by now.

6 hours ago, Macca said:

No the LED boards were not in use. Probably because no-one at the club knows how to program them. If they re not in use on Saturday, then that may be another income stream gone. I haven't seen any requests from the club, for company's to advertise so far this season. Maybe AL wants to save money on electricity, but he's losing far more in advertising revenue.

20 minutes ago, al_bro said:

No the LED boards were not in use. Probably because no-one at the club knows how to program them. If they re not in use on Saturday, then that may be another income stream gone. I haven't seen any requests from the club, for company's to advertise so far this season. Maybe AL wants to save money on electricity, but he's losing far more in advertising revenue.

We hardly had the likes of Nike on there - The efl probably got theirs for nothing and most of the rest was internal being supplemented by the likes of “Mo’s Laundrette” in Sholver 

17 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

We hardly had the likes of Nike on there - The efl probably got theirs for nothing and most of the rest was internal being supplemented by the likes of “Mo’s Laundrette” in Sholver 

True, but if used properly they could earn revenue. 

Archived