• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Thought it was Exeter changing up a gear late on rather than Branger's absence.

Can't agree about Hamer as there's no end product when he gets forward. If he, and others, would just get a shot off when near the penalty box we might just get a lucky deflection to score. 

I appreciate he's a young lad, has a good engine and wins more than his share in the air ( our main outlet from the goalie ) but he's nowhere near as good as some of our fans profess and to move him about the field may stunt his progress.  

Agree completely, apart from his long throws I personal think the lad is very overrated by our fans. His positional sense defensively is poor, and going forward he offers very little. He’s not that fast, not got the best touch or pass. He’s young but he’s nowhere near the standards of Tarky and George to look to sell on imo. 

I sat last night watching a team that could neither tackle nor pass the ball.  I agree that there one or two exceptions.

I sat watching a team that had no shape either in attack or in defence.  I too expect effort but to put a small striker on his own up front at home simply is not acceptable.  Not losing will not keep us in this league so we have at least to try and win our home games.

I sat watching a team with some midfield players jogging back when Exeter attacked.

I sat and saw Exeter miss three open goals in the first half.  Yes we had one good chance but it was defended - apart from one great save it was Exeter missing that cost them the win and gave us a draw.

I just think those of you who are encouraged have seen us playing so badly that a poor performance seems OK.  That was the performance of a team heading for relegation.  Must do better and will only do better with the right approach and some loan signings.

58 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Agree completely, apart from his long throws I personal think the lad is very overrated by our fans. His positional sense defensively is poor, and going forward he offers very little. He’s not that fast, not got the best touch or pass. He’s young but he’s nowhere near the standards of Tarky and George to look to sell on imo. 

Judge him when he's played as many games as Edmo and Tarkowski.

9 hours ago, jsslatic said:

It wouldn't be pretty but Cogba would be a decent foil for Desire.

He’s certainly better than Vera.... and no-one can accuse Cogba of being a bag egg, which is about as cast iron as evidence comes that the Lemmy’s motives are bent as f*ck.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

What did everyone else do when this happened? Or when the elderly bloke was taken out the other week? 

Hang on, hang on.... they’re ejecting fans who voice their displeasure? Is this not the most insidious, tyrannical & dictator like behaviour anyone could display, when freedom of speech is one of the core principles of our democracy?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Judge him when he's played as many games as Edmo and Tarkowski.

Correct, he's still only 19yo, there are many in Premiership and Championship under 23 teams who wouldn't cut it at that age in Division 2.

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hang on, hang on.... they’re ejecting fans who voice their displeasure? Is this not the most insidious, tyrannical & dictator like behaviour anyone could display, when freedom of speech is one of the core principles of our democracy?

This is the Marco regime, toe the party line. I'm out. 

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He wasn't ejected, the steward intervened as he wouldn't  know how nasty it could turn out, he said his piece and left of his own accord. He is a decent regular supporter and was back last night with nothing more to say.

Can’t accept the criticism of Hamer, he’s easily our most saleable asset and given his age and the $hite environment he’s had to deal with since making his debut he’s done well to get to where he is.

Yes he lost possession a few times going forward but that’s going to happen.

Two full seasons at centre half alongside a Clarke or Wheater like George did and he’d be 21/22 and would be going for the same amount of money.

Hopefully he doesn’t get screwed over this season by the owners love for Iacovitti and Sefil

21 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't think the players attitudes have ever been questioned, well maybe Ma-douche who seems to be one of the most entitled footballers I've ever had the displeasure of suffering.

Ability is the problem and coupled with the lack of leaders and organisation we really are going to find it difficult, Exeter are generally quite happy to sit in and push on late in games, other teams will so their homework and be at us from the off I suspect in the coming weeks, last night could be described as progress but nil nilling our way to safety shouldn't be seen as any sort of progress, we are still woefully short in most areas of the pitch.

Aren't you boycotting games? 

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Can’t accept the criticism of Hamer, he’s easily our most saleable asset and given his age and the $hite environment he’s had to deal with since making his debut he’s done well to get to where he is.

Yes he lost possession a few times going forward but that’s going to happen.

Two full seasons at centre half alongside a Clarke or Wheater like George did and he’d be 21/22 and would be going for the same amount of money.

Hopefully he doesn’t get screwed over this season by the owners love for Iacovitti and Sefil

Don’t disagree with that, he did have his worst game for us by some distance though. Just a blip.

11 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Don’t disagree with that, he did have his worst game for us by some distance though. Just a blip.

Young kid in off night shocker, lad isn't a centre half for me he needs a decent run at rightback alongside an experienced centre half, problem is for some strange reason we brought in a more experienced consistent rightback whose probably ahead of him, no doubt he will go on to better things but the nonsensical signing of Mills will scupper that as he will be played as the square peg in the round hole if they are both in the team. Similarly Mills is no right winger for me so it's either or at rightback. Not our biggest problem but still a strange decision to bring someone in to play in his favoured position.

23 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Home ones yes, although if there is a free stream about I sometimes tune in, thanks for asking all the same.

Yardy I think your a cool character. But. Your not boycotting. Your staying away while we are wank pal. You’ll be straight back down sheepfoot lane, as will KIG and others if we somehow string 3 or 4 wins together. 

THAT IS NOT A BOYCOTT!! 

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yardy I think your a cool character. But. Your not boycotting. Your staying away while we are wank pal. You’ll be straight back down sheepfoot lane, as will KIG and others if we somehow string 3 or 4 wins together. 

THAT IS NOT A BOYCOTT!! 

Be nice to find out :D

Archived