Walsall tuesday

1 minute ago, doctor evil said:

Iacovitti. The worst footballer ever.

Wheater will be up there too in terms of minutes, but to cut the defence a bit of slack it has been chopped and changed constantly.  Those 3 midfielders have been on the pitch a lot as a unit with very poor results. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Sylla gives away too many stupid free kicks including the one on saturday which lead to the goal, along with his somewhat ropey ability on the ball.

He does a few good things but the fact he is one of our "better" performers only highlights how shit we are.

What a shock. The guy who is tasked with tackling to win the ball back, gives away more free kicks than anyone else.

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I do very well. If it was a simple 442 formation where everyone chips in and everyone is a box to box player then sylla wouldn't fit. But in a 451 when your wingers play the majority high up the pitch (or should be doin) then you need a DCM to just break up play, pass it and sit there to cover. Which is exactly what sylla does. Its always happened at this club. If a player doesn't attack or play a blinding through ball or take a few players on, then hes shit. Those jobs are for the likes of maouche and the wingers and now missiliou, who I think even though hes not pulled up any trees has give it a right good go to say hes playing out of his comfortable position of DCM. If maouche and co did their jobs then sylla would look like the best DCM in the division. But because they're failing at their jobs syllas job looks pointless, therefore looks like hes not doing it at all

I understand the role of a Defensive midfielder and it’s actually my favoured position when done well. I’m arguing that Sylla is shite, and a poor one. Nothing to do with the actual position, and considering we are 21st in the league I am inclined to think I am correct. 

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I understand the role of a Defensive midfielder and it’s actually my favoured position when done well. I’m arguing that Sylla is shite, and a poor one. Nothing to do with the actual position, and considering we are 21st in the league I am inclined to think I am correct. 

We are 21st in the league because of the whole team. But mainly full backs like iacovitti. Look back on all our goals conceded and you will see that it's mainly come from our left back position sometime right back that have easily been beaten or backing off or shit turning to save their mugs getting hit. Then pour marking at CB. I didn't go on saturday, but been told sylla was poor, but I will guarantee the success rate of tackles by sylla will b very successful. The fact that egert, maouche and Morais have all had bans and missiliou and a few others are on the edge of a 5 yellow ban, should tell u that sylla is getting his job right and the others are far worse. Kante, matic, xhaka, fernandinho... they all give fouls away because their job is mainly tackling and your not going to get 100%. So sylla had a bad game and gave a free kick away that led to a goal, it happens. It doesn't make him a bad player who should be dropped. JP Kalala was probably the most loved player in that team he was in, yet every game hed give away ten free kicks. Because that's the occupational risk of his job. Seriously... the biggest thing people have moaned about on here and rightly so, is that the players don't give a shit and don't put effort in. Sylla and missiliou should be the first names on the team sheet on that basis

12 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

We are 21st in the league because of the whole team. But mainly full backs like iacovitti. Look back on all our goals conceded and you will see that it's mainly come from our left back position sometime right back that have easily been beaten or backing off or shit turning to save their mugs getting hit. Then pour marking at CB. I didn't go on saturday, but been told sylla was poor, but I will guarantee the success rate of tackles by sylla will b very successful. The fact that egert, maouche and Morais have all had bans and missiliou and a few others are on the edge of a 5 yellow ban, should tell u that sylla is getting his job right and the others are far worse. Kante, matic, xhaka, fernandinho... they all give fouls away because their job is mainly tackling and your not going to get 100%. So sylla had a bad game and gave a free kick away that led to a goal, it happens. It doesn't make him a bad player who should be dropped. JP Kalala was probably the most loved player in that team he was in, yet every game hed give away ten free kicks. Because that's the occupational risk of his job. Seriously... the biggest thing people have moaned about on here and rightly so, is that the players don't give a shit and don't put effort in. Sylla and missiliou should be the first names on the team sheet on that basis

They are the same player. Having both in the team doesn't work because we don't have enough creativity elsewhere.

And xhaka gets booked because he can't tackle, not because he does it lots....

Just now, doctor evil said:

They are the same player. Having both in the team doesn't work because we don't have enough creativity elsewhere.

Fair argument but to be fair missiliou has out-performed most of the other midfielders time and time again even though hes out of position. So I would still have him in there

Sylla has massive influence as his job is to break up play and pass it. Sane with missiliou last season. Its fane all over again. Fane did his job superbly but 90% of our fans don't no much about football as they called him shit because he didn't kick off attacks and he couldn't shoot. His job was to win the ball back and pass it five yards to someone who can influence the game. And he did it every single game. Sylla is the same. And now hes getting shit off fans. The way 451 works is the DCM breaks up attacks and then passes it so the rest can then build our own attack. It wasnt fanes fault and it's not sylla fault that the rest of the team aren't doing their jobs. To use an analogy, they're killing the turkey and preparing it to b cooked, then the chef cooks it. If the Turkey is crap and ruins Christmas dinner, it's not their fault it's the chefs

Is he? 

I've not been going much but from what I've read had the impression he's one of the few not coming in for any flak....? 

I do very well. If it was a simple 442 formation where everyone chips in and everyone is a box to box player then sylla wouldn't fit. But in a 451 when your wingers play the majority high up the pitch (or should be doin) then you need a DCM to just break up play, pass it and sit there to cover. Which is exactly what sylla does. Its always happened at this club. If a player doesn't attack or play a blinding through ball or take a few players on, then hes shit. Those jobs are for the likes of maouche and the wingers and now missiliou, who I think even though hes not pulled up any trees has give it a right good go to say hes playing out of his comfortable position of DCM. If maouche and co did their jobs then sylla would look like the best DCM in the division. But because they're failing at their jobs syllas job looks pointless, therefore looks like hes not doing it at all

We're in Division 4...

Just now, Magic Mikey said:

Move McCann to left back to replace Iacovitti. McKinney will be at least on the bench. If he doesn't start he'll hopefully get more minutes tonight. 

Did McKinney look promising on Saturday? 

I just had his inclusion (and the other lads) down as a shot across Mo's bows.....

Just now, HarryBosch said:

I just had his inclusion (and the other lads) down as a shot across Mo's bows.....

Hard to tell because he didn't get long. Hence I'd like to see more of him. He did nothing wrong and was part of a move which ended up with him being in a promising position. Unfortunately our player (Missiliou I think) didn't lift his head to see him. 

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Not sure Andy... but your probably better informed than I am. 

Does this mean he's out?? 

I guess we'll find out..... but the Lemmy's have form for sticking to their guns once someone has crossed them..... unlike others, in this instance, I'm not that bothered as - regardless what @HarryBosch asserts - he's absolutely toilet at football. "What's wrong with Urko Vera?"

2 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Is Morais suspended or not, thought he got two yellows = 1 game ban. 

But says in club site he’s suspended tonight. 

Wasn't he suspended when we signed him? Might be due to that.

50 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He seemed to have good pace and movement. As Mikey said, he was involved in a couple of good attacking moves - we could do worse than him on one side, Smith on the other.

Archived