Swindon away 🙄

14 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

As much as I didn't want Banide initially (and would have had Dino over him in the summer) I think we would be higher up the league than we are now if he had stayed in charge.

The few games before he was sacked you could see us settling into a passing style of play and performances were beginning to pick up. He had his style of play and we was picking up on it whereas Dino doesn't have a clue on how he wants them to play and you can see that reflecting in the players on the pitch. 

Yep, we've somehow gone backwards.... 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

As much as I didn't want Banide initially (and would have had Dino over him in the summer) I think we would be higher up the league than we are now if he had stayed in charge.

The few games before he was sacked you could see us settling into a passing style of play and performances were beginning to pick up. He had his style of play and we was picking up on it whereas Dino doesn't have a clue on how he wants them to play and you can see that reflecting in the players on the pitch. 

Not that it makes much difference but here are the stats of the 2 neither have been given a fair crack of the whip.

Banide  P9 W1 D4 L4 PTS 7

Dino      P11 W3 D4 L4 PTS 13

But as it doesn't matter we won't get a better manager who will make any real difference in the current situation.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Let me throw it out there... 

Is there anyone on this board who thinks that ALMO are doing a good job with player recruitment?

:tumbleweed:

I don't think there are many on here who think they are doing a OK job, but there are certainly fans on other social media outlets who would think that way. 

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not that it makes much difference but here are the stats of the 2 neither have been given a fair crack of the whip.

But as it doesn't matter we won't get a better manager who will make any real difference in the current situation.

Banide's stats are worse but it felt as though he was beginning to get a tune out of the players he had. Banide was also having to settle into a new country which may or may not haved contributed to a poor start.

Like you say our problems run much deeper than the manager but I think that if we hadn't sacked Banide or if you put Bunn/Wild in charge of the current squad then we would be doing better than we currently are.

Hopefully Dino will be able to sign some players of his choosing in January and we start to pick up abit.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

Remember that game vividly, we were comfortably better than them (mainly due to them trying to play out from the back and barely getting past the halfway line) so when they equalised I was thinking how did we throw that away?!  Then Philliskirk popped up with a great finish a couple of minutes later for Dunn's first win (and penultimate as it turned out).

The best one for me was 2004.  Absolutely backs-to-the-wall.  They were chasing automatic, we were pretty much one win from safety.  Jermaine Johnson running from close to halfway with just the keeper to beat, I had no faith that he was going to finish due to his ability to score worldies but miss sitters.  He duly slots it home and sends us wild and we win 2-1.  I believe that was the match that the OWTB chant properly started too?

Top day. Rowdy sing song in the back garden of a pub in the sunshine after too. 

3 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

In fairness to Dino I think he's been slightly hampered by having to use the players Banide "agreed to". Some of whom don't fit the style that I think Dino likes to play. 

We may improve if Dino is able to bring in some other players more suited to his style of play. 

4 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

Sacking Banide after 9 games was proof (if it was needed) that AL & Mo had no coherent plan for on-field matters.  I agree that we played some decent football at Plymouth and while Banide was by no means anyone's choice of head coach, he was harshly sacked at that stage (who isn't after 9 games though).

Yet I feel more comfortable with Maamria in charge of the relegation battle that we're about to embark on.  We didn't look like grinding out wins under Banide, whereas I think (hope) we will do under Dino.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Sacking Banide after 9 games was proof (if it was needed) that AL & Mo had no coherent plan for on-field matters.  I agree that we played some decent football at Plymouth and while Banide was by no means anyone's choice of head coach, he was harshly sacked at that stage (who isn't after 9 games though).

Yet I feel more comfortable with Maamria in charge of the relegation battle that we're about to embark on.  We didn't look like grinding out wins under Banide, whereas I think (hope) we will do under Dino.

9 points up for grabs over the Christmas period lets see what we do.. And these are 3 winable games.. surely 7 out of 9 is the target,  even with our squad that is achievable,  do we call the manager to account if we dont ? 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

I believe that was the match that the OWTB chant properly started too?

Nah, it had been around a while before then. A group of lads who used to go to pretty much all the away games in the mid-90s started it off when we won at QPR under Warnock in about 1997.

Remember thinking that it'll never catch on at the time..

It's really pissing me off how I can no longer enjoy going watching my team on awaydays.

I just cannot bring myself to follow this team being run into the ground by such an egotistical, lying twat of an excuse of a man.

I pray and hope for the day when he and Mo fuck off and we have our Club back.

7 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

9 points up for grabs over the Christmas period lets see what we do.. And these are 3 winable games.. surely 7 out of 9 is the target,  even with our squad that is achievable,  do we call the manager to account if we dont ? 

Your points about the manager just get more and more bizarre. How in God's name could anyone expect two wins and a draw, at worst, from this squad? 

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I reckon that we’ll win all three 😀

It's a good run of fixtures for sure but each one is a potential six pointer and we'll be out sung on the 29th by the massive Salford following 😏

I'd happily take 6 points as things stand 

11 hours ago, rudemedic said:

In fairness to Dino I think he's been slightly hampered by having to use the players Banide "agreed to". Some of whom don't fit the style that I think Dino likes to play. 

We may improve if Dino is able to bring in some other players more suited to his style of play. 

Doesn't get away from the fact that Bandide was shafted. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Doesn't get away from the fact that Bandide was shafted. 

Indeed, he isn't the only manager to get shafted by our current owner either. 

However I think our previous owners may have given certain managers too long which may affect our judgement. 

13 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Surely Banide was just a stop gap all along until Maamria could join? 

8 hours ago, Pidge said:

I heard Banide’s sacking was handled in a fairly brutal fashion by ML.  Banide was told he could go,  within minutes our present manager was being brought in the door having already had pictures taken in the stadium.

The owners being horrible and unprofessional?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell thee...

11 hours ago, Pidge said:

I heard Banide’s sacking was handled in a fairly brutal fashion by ML.  Banide was told he could go,  within minutes our present manager was being brought in the door having already had pictures taken in the stadium.

So pretty much the same as Pochettino/Mourinho at Spurs. 

Archived