Swindon away 🙄

Wheater’s not on his own though is he?......I’m not making excuses for him but it must be difficult to play to your best form with this shit show going on in the background. He’s only just left another shit show behind😳

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

We are 89th out of 91 clubs. I guess the Chuckle Brothers' defenders (and I'm not accusing you of being one) aren't too concerned, but this is a bloody nightmare and an embarrassment.

Sorry for trying to see the smallest crumb of positivity but you're on the money,

it's gone way past the point of seeing anything better than staying in the division,

I see us easily doing that but if that's the season after season ambition then best call the vet and put this wounded owl out of it's misery.

28 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

It was a free hit, we still have that game in hand, win that and It'll look so much better 

It was I suppose if we are going to look at this pragmatically. Their will be other games coming up over Christmas which we should approach with abit more expectation when it comes to picking up points.

Thought our play looked a bit more joined up and positive today, without really threatening seriously. 

I still think the back line is the major priority for strengthening. Anyone with half-decent positioning and the ability to play a 10m pass or make a headed clearance would walk into the side at the moment. 

Not a bad performance this afternoon. But lacked any real penetration in the final third. Poor by Wheater to give the ball away at the end but it was a clean strike by the ginger ninja when he was played in on goal. Iacovitti was targeted first half with Woolery seeing a lot of the ball down that wing and what a strike for the first goal.

Not sure if Egert was injured when subbed after having come on for Stott. But if both are injured and out it leaves us stretched for defensive cover.

Crawley, Morecambe, Salford as the next three games. 9 points should do it. 🤞

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Not a bad performance this afternoon. But lacked any real penetration in the final third. Poor by Wheater to give the ball away at the end but it was a clean strike by the ginger ninja when he was played in on goal. Iacovitti was targeted first half with Woolery seeing a lot of the ball down that wing and what a strike for the first goal.

Not sure if Egert was injured when subbed after having come on for Stott. But if both are injured and out it leaves us stretched for defensive cover.

Crawley, Morecambe, Salford as the next three games. 9 points should do it. 🤞

Fair summary, we could have played until Thursday and not have scored

I love Azankpo, tremendous effort and enthusiasm but almost no end product and in truth the team as a whole is like that. first 30 mins we were really good but they were having a field day down our left side and it was no surprise when they carved us open to score in injury time

Second half we huffed and puffed and should have equalised from the Lacovitti sitter but apart from that I don’t think the players or supporters really thought we’d score and there was barely a reaction when Doyle was handed his goal on a plate

It feels like we have sunk so low that losing is becoming the norm

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It was I suppose if we are going to look at this pragmatically. Their will be other games coming up over Christmas which we should approach with abit more expectation when it comes to picking up points.

i would say that 2 winnable games coming up, if we dont get 6 points from them i would start to question Dinos ability.. 

12 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

i would say that 2 winnable games coming up, if we dont get 6 points from them i would start to question Dinos ability.. 

You and me both, time to step up to the plate and make sure safety is delivered.

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Just ridiculous. His ability to make something out of what? 

I know Dave but there are people who go to Boundary Park, who are fully grown adults who believe that either a change of manager or funnier still playing 2 up front is the holy grail and will solve all our problems.

I thought we were the better team in the first half. We went at them from the kick off and they didn't like it. Any touch on them and they simply fell over.

It was good pressing, neat and tidy passing, and their keeper had a couple of heart in the mouth moments. With someone who could put half chances away, we could have been two or three up before they really threatened us.

Their goal came from leaving Woollery the freedom of Swindon; he was never going to miss. We didn't deserve to be behind at half time.

Wellens must have shot a rocket up their collective arses, because they came out fired up for the second half and we completely lost our shape.

Our attacks became fewer, were weren't winning second ball (and sometimes not even the first). It was as though the fight had been knocked out of us. We still had the odd chance but, apart from that miss from 5yds out from Iacovitti, we didn't look like scoring.

We gifted Doyle his goal with that awful pass from Wheater (why didn't he just lump it anywhere?) and the ginger one was never going to miss.

So, a very disappointing result because, despite Swindon being top of the league, we could have won it had we kept the first half momentum going and not been so sloppy defensively.

Play a full 90 minutes like the first 45 and we won't do that badly, especially if that clinical striker is brought in.

12 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Sorry for trying to see the smallest crumb of positivity but you're on the money,

it's gone way past the point of seeing anything better than staying in the division,

I see us easily doing that but if that's the season after season ambition then best call the vet and put this wounded owl out of it's misery.

Just wring its neck

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I know Dave but there are people who go to Boundary Park, who are fully grown adults who believe that either a change of manager or funnier still playing 2 up front is the holy grail and will solve all our problems.

2 up front won't solve all our problems, but playing 1 up front without midfielders to support him is never going to work. With this current crop of midfielders it looks like we will need a decent ball winning CF or just get a few more midfielders in the January sales. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

2 up front won't solve all our problems, but playing 1 up front without midfielders to support him is never going to work. With this current crop of midfielders it looks like we will need a decent ball winning CF or just get a few more midfielders in the January sales. 

The point is formations tactics or the manager won't matter with the current squad its just not good enough.

23 minutes ago, disjointed said:

There is next to no chance of getting a good striker in January. Any such player who is available won't be short of offers; hard to imagine us being first choice. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There is next to no chance of getting a good striker in January. Any such player who is available won't be short of offers; hard to imagine us being first choice. 

There will be plenty of good loan players available and we will get some of them I'm sure.

Archived