Scunthorpe (H)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/31/2019 at 11:33 AM, Bristolatic said:

Maybe the only other option was to play Smith-Brown at LB, but the general opinion on here is that he's crap. I can't think what other choices there were.

He wasn't great, but there must be a very good reason he can't get a look in again when Iocavitti is such a disaster...

48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Think the shitstorm behind the scenes has now filtered down to the players. Whilst undeniably they have limited ability they are now clearly not giving their all and frankly who can blame them!

As I’ve said previously IMO the whole thing is getting set to implode. I can’t see how our owners can possibly come through all  of this and carry on!!

************ABDALLAH OUT************

Who can blame them !? Really ? If I was Chadderton FC standard but somehow landed a league two (one for some) club, I’d be running my fucking bollox off to stay there, whilst in absolute disbelief ! A lack of talent should be compensated with blood and sweat IMO. 

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Yes, you would think so but in reality you don’t really know just how bad the situation could be do you?

I think late salaries will rear its ugly head again before much longer.

Well, they must be a bit worried about cash flow cos the chat I heard today was Season Tickets will be going on sale next month...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, they must be a bit worried about cash flow cos the chat I heard today was Season Tickets will be going on sale next month...

Not sure how doing that is going to help cashflow all that much the rate they’re going. 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Not sure how doing that is going to help cashflow all that much the rate they’re going. 

It might just kick the can down the road until the summer which is where all hell could break loose.

Even if its 500 people paying £300 0a time thats £150k that will pay the wages for a month.

Difficult to understand how a 4 1 defeat can be abetter performance than a 2 0 but we made it that way today.

Our 38 strong first team squad - OK 7 out on loan - is so moribund that Dino has so little to choose from and today it was the dregs.

Wheater couldn't care less.  Smith needs a rest.  Zeus needs to be reacquainted with terra firma.  Jones lacks fitness.  Mills incapable of defending. Desire is, help, our best striker!

I don't boo but today that was the right response.

2 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Something is going to go tits up very soon behind the scenes. Where the feck is the money coming from to run the club when attendances have got worse as the weeks pass. 

Thats what we want isn’t it?

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What happens if the club goes into administration after selling them?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If yuoiu bought with a credit card they'd have to refund/honour.  Whether credit card companies will offer the facility to do so in these circumstances must be doubtful.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Aslong as they play the fixtures you will still get to use them next season if the club is in existence. If the club is liquidated then you might get the money or some of the money back depending on what the administrators can salvage from the carcas of the business as the business has no real assets you will struggle to get anything back.

I think if they did do this next month then I think all fans should hold back and not buy them until they leave the club. Chris Moore did this trick he took the season ticket money early and fucked off in the summer.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It might just kick the can down the road until the summer which is where all hell could break loose.

Even if its 500 people paying £300 0a time thats £150k that will pay the wages for a month.

Of course. I was making a joke about probable low sales. But even low sales would bring in £100-200k. Seriously worrying times if they need next year’s money now. Seriously worrying. 

Archived