Scunthorpe (H)

19 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Because I thought we might bounce back from the Salford game, I was stupid enough to chuck 10 quid at this. That has to be one of the worst 90= minutes of football I have ever seen above the Sunday League. Absolutely spineless, hopeless going forward, can't pass more than a yard, no spirit. And don't think Scunthorpe were any good either, because they just slightly less crap than Latics.

I'd normally be at Cheltenham as it's a fairly close to home game, but I'm buggered if I'm going to watch that.

Stevenage the week after next is one of my closes games.  Doubt it.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dino’s had nearly 20 games now and IMO we’ve gone backwards. He inherited a very poor squad but surely if he’s the man to take us forward you would expect a little improvement but I have seen none whatsoever.

In our favour there are some horrendous teams keeping us away from the bottom but even so we are still not certain of staying up.

Looking at the fixtures January is a pivotal month. Carry on in this vein and make no mistake we’ll be staring down the barrel!!!

I honestly think this is just about the worst team I have seen wearing the Blue shirt!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Dino’s had nearly 20 games now and IMO we’ve gone backwards. He inherited a very poor squad but surely if he’s the man to take us forward you would expect a little improvement but I have seen none whatsoever.

In our favour there are some horrendous teams keeping us away from the bottom but even so we are still not certain of staying up.

Looking at the fixtures January is a pivotal month. Carry on in this vein and make no mistake we’ll be staring down the barrel!!!

I honestly think this is just about the worst team I have seen wearing the Blue shirt!

We just need to stay up and even this pile of ..... should be capable of that.

After the last few games, Dino is now on the tightrope and wobbling.

43 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Sure Frankie6 will put a shine on it once he’s finished thanking the players for their efforts and shaking their hands at the players entrance

i didnt thank them, i booed them off at half time and Full time .. That was shocking . First player who needs dropping is our sub standard back up keeper, then many more to follow.. I only clap them off if they deserve clapping off today they didnt.. 

46 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Surely time for Woods to come back in,  anything low to Zeus’s left is a problem for him, been ok at times but take him out of the firing line now.

hes been ok because he hasnt really been tested.. 

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We're still 9 points clear and have a game in hand on a few sides, If we see off Stevenage, we should be home and dry.

31 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Only positive stevenage and morchambe lost

The fact we even have to consider how such teams get on is nothing but a massive fucking negative for me. What a joke we’ve become. I was firmly in the “let’s give the owner some time” camp (happy clapper if you like) but he really needs to fuck off regardless. The repercussions can not possibly be any worse !! I’m embarrassed to call myself a supporter of this club and will not be attending till they’ve all gone !!!  

36 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

This bunch know they can get away with this kind of performance weekly because no one's going to kick their sorry arses out, I'm sick and tired of these has-beens and if we do manage to stay up, clear the bloody lot out and get some hungry non league players to replace them, they'll run through brick walls for their chance.

We couldn't be any worse if we tried.

As a good example the Scunthorpe left winger who skinned us time and time again spent 3 years in non league and is still only 23yo.

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The owner

For heavens sake go Abdullah! 

What the fuck is motivating you to come half way across the world to destroy a football club.

vanity pure and simple 

4 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I’ve also been told that he’s lost the dressing room 

He has defo lost Morais...there exchanges are always interesting to watch during the game.

It goes something like...Dino blames Morais for something, Morais looks perplexed and then laughs whilst shaking his head puzzled by the whole exchange and then ignores him. 

5 minutes ago, Handsy said:

So Dino got us playing  the worst football I’ve ever seen us play and he should  go  banide had us playing better stuff  with the same players  and that was  as bad as I thought it could get 

It was going the same way under Banide, apart from a handful these players aren't even up to Northern Premier standard.

Only the maximum number of decent loanees drafted in will make any difference this season I feel.

Don't agree with the Dino out calls at all.

Without a doubt that was shit, but so many of the team shouldn't really be playing due to fitness (as well as not being good enough, but that's a different matter).  His record is currently W5 D4 L6, anything close to that for the rest of season will see us stay up, which with the shambles that is in charge of the club is the most we can hope for this season.

If at the end of the season we haven't seen enough of an improvement then by all means get rid of him ahead of next season, but by that time the bigger issue of whether the Lemsagams are still here could be resolved and we might be heading in a better direction anyway (optimistic I know but I have to hope).

The replacement won't do noticably better either.

3 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I’ve also been told that he’s lost the dressing room 

I expected that happened as soon as he told them the harsh truth about how crap they were and we just needed to get through to January. 

Well we are here, I dont have a shred of confidence that the regime that brought us to our knees can remotely help us turn the corrner this month.

Archived