Admin now, if it gets rid of AL?

Admin now, if it gets rid of AL?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Admin now, if it gets rid of AL?

• Yes, put us in admin
    • No, don't put us in admin

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The club would not still function if bills are not being paid

The administrator would be obliged to go straight to liquidation if they could not operate appropriately 

Could the whole stadium and little Wembley be put up for sale ?

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The club would not still function if bills are not being paid

The administrator would be obliged to go straight to liquidation if they could not operate appropriately 

Is there a club that's been put in admin that can pay all it's bills? 

The club would splutter to the summer and a buyer found.

I'd be delighted to take the gamble.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

No one is suggesting admin would be quick or easy however it would rid of us of AL Mo and BO quickly. The players would remain and the club still function. The debts are mainly to blitz and he clearly doesn't want to fold the club. Get it handed in on Monday and work towards getting the club back to where it belongs, 17th in league 1. We won't go down even minus 12 points. Fans will rally round. The EFL won't allow another club to go bust. 

Clifford. 

I suggest you spend a few minutes on tinternet familiarising yourself just how administration and liquidation work and what they would mean to the operation of the club...

And since when has Blitz given a.shit about the club?

• Like 1

At the very least I’ve always thought there will be a club. I’m starting to think we’re going the same way as Bury, maybe not today or tomorrow but eventually. Both sides have the prefect out in blaming each other. 

The only saving grace I can think of is Blitz won’t want a shiny new stand with no way of ever earning from it, or seeing his investment back. Can you imagine trying to offload a stand at a defunct football club. . 

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Is there a club that's been put in admin that can pay all it's bills? 

The club would splutter to the summer and a buyer found.

I'd be delighted to take the gamble.

Its not as simple as the administrators coming in getting rid of AL and co and giving it to the FLG or any other buyer its much more complex than that.

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Clifford. 

I suggest you spend a few minutes on tinternet familiarising yourself just how administration and liquidation work and what they would mean to the operation of the club...

And since when has Blitz given a.shit about the club?

He’s gives a shit about the millions he might never see again. 

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Is this the case? Did we not have to sell players off rapidly (and cheaply) when the Moore era ended?

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Outside of the window?

Could he administrators just free the players from their contracts to save on wages?

He isn't going to pay the debt lads. Better to ride admin now than in the summer when a) the players can be sold and b) the efl can maintain competition numbers more easily. 

Admin is coming, I'd rather it was now when we'd probably avoid relegation and there is interest in maintaining the club. Doubt the FLG will wait for years to buy the ground which means Mr Blitz may have to think of another way to make his money 🏠🏠🏠

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Is this the case? Did we not have to sell players off rapidly (and cheaply) when the Moore era ended?

Thete would be a fire sale of all our best assets. Only the two problems with that, we barely have any saleable assets and the transfer window would be closed

So effectively no means of raising funds to run the club

That won't end well.

No.  Administration is very risky.  Certainly the administrator will attempt to find a buyer and everything could work out but we are too close to the bottom to take the risk.  If we had another 10 points it could have worked.

The administrator has 14 days to decide whether to terminate employee contracts.  He can pick and choose but to take over the football club the new owner would have to honour all 'football creditors' to gain ownership of the 'golden share' which they must have to play in the EFL.  We could end up playing Bury.

5 minutes ago, Hands on said:

No.  Administration is very risky.  Certainly the administrator will attempt to find a buyer and everything could work out but we are too close to the bottom to take the risk.  If we had another 10 points it could have worked.

The administrator has 14 days to decide whether to terminate employee contracts.  He can pick and choose but to take over the football club the new owner would have to honour all 'football creditors' to gain ownership of the 'golden share' which they must have to play in the EFL.  We could end up playing Bury.

If a club is well clear of relegation wouldn't the 12 point deduction apply to the following season?

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If a club is well clear of relegation wouldn't the 12 point deduction apply to the following season?

No. 

As @lookersstandandy said in a different thread the only ways the 12 point penalty carries over are if it applies after a certain date (end of March). Or if the side would get relegated without the penalty (although that might not apply if the relegation is outside the EFL). 

The club can still be penalised for how it leaves administration but the 12 point penalty can't be applied for the next season just because the club will stay up anyway. 

As the deadline is last Friday of March I can't see Oldham being mathematically certain of being in League 2 for 2020/21 then. 

Happy to accept administration to get rid of the clowns? 

There were more than a few on here singing the same tune while Corney was floundering to keep us in the (now very attractive looking) L1.

People with their hands in their pockets are not going to get us out of administration or avoid tumbling into the Conference. 

It will take someone/people putting more money into Oldham Athletic than the Amigo’s or AL and Co were/are prepared to do. 

From my perspective, we are on a wing and a prayer. Investment, luck with a manager and even more luck with a group of players gelling is paramount. And very difficult. 

Turning a club around from L2 or administration into a Championship Club (the desire of many who were sick to death of L1) is an unlikely pipe dream considering  our fan base. 

I don’t have any answers or investment and I’m not a Turkey voting for Christmas. I was always comfortable with L1, purely based on economics.