Lee Johnson sacked.

He's got talent, you can't deny that. But he has this weird thing where he goes on big long winning runs and also similarly lengthy defeats on the spin. I used to think he'll be gracing the Premiership someday; and he still might. But any club is going to be taking a punt on him I feel. Could work, might not.

Hate the twat after how he fucked us over and the whole Chedgate thing, which has further cemented our plight. We'll never see him here again and that doesn't bother me one bit.

32 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Remember that time he did a house up in Bristol & sold it and a few on here were saying Corney might be able to tap into his property expertise with regards to ground development?

Never change you mental fuckers :grin: 

🤣🤣🤣

On 7/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Hate the twat after how he fucked us over and the whole Chedgate thing, which has further cemented our plight. We'll never see him here again and that doesn't bother me one bit.

9 hours ago, mickjagger said:

He has already took us to the cleaners once!

Man does good job, gets better job with better pay....

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....man also didn’t want to leave (for Barnsley, was waiting for Brizzle City job)... but was told to leave by owner for compo....

Was he? We've never had this rumour confirmed. I mean it seems more plausible than the rumour why Mick Wadsworth left but still....

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Was he? We've never had this rumour confirmed. I mean it seems more plausible than the rumour why Mick Wadsworth left but still....

....so I’m led to believe by someone whom I have no reason to doubt. Johnson himself said we (the supporters) didn’t know the full story, when giving him stick....

...we weren’t going to go down that season... and Corney (as ever) needed money just to get us through the next few weeks/months.... the compo helped him.

Remember, detective shitpeas was telling us we couldn’t afford to go up..... presumably at a time when he didn’t see any issues with ownership of the North Stand.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

This is pretty much where I was at the time he left, mainly because I was absolutely gutted that we were seemingly onto something positive for the first time in ages, and it was once again snatched away from us, but with the benefit of hindsight, it's clear that for whatever bizarre reason, Corney had absolutely no interest in going up that year - an opinion cemented by the praise I seem to recall being heaped onto Holden by the club at the end of the year for 'keeping us up' when we were just outside the play offs when he took over.

EIther way, if Johnson left on his own accord, it's clear we would never match his ambition under Corney, however lofty/ballsy they appeared to be from a 32 year old manager cutting his teeth. I don't think his careerist nutbag/something off the Apprentice (or 'brushed aluminium cyber prick' to coin the Thick of It) type persona helped ease his departure in that sense, as many people - including me at the time - saw him as quite aggressively using us as a stepping stone without actually achieving anything. 

May be recency bias on my part, but I can't ever remember a reception as vitriolic as when he returned a month or so later - think I recall reading from some in the George Hill paddock saying he was almost in tears? 

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think the fact he went to Barnsley didn't help, a club some of our fans would perceive as being no bigger than us.

Yeah that's very true. If memory serves, they were also below us in the table at the time, too.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:03 PM, deyres42 said:

Think the fact he went to Barnsley didn't help, a club some of our fans would perceive as being no bigger than us.

Not hard to imagine him blagging his way into another decent job before too long.

Also, if you recall there was a pic of him & Tommy Wright I think, at Barnsley whilst still with us and nothing had been announced when he should have been prepping us. 

I think a lot of animosity stemmed from that. 

Archived