Jump to content

Covid-19 Short-Term Extension Contracts


Would you keep or release the following players?  

105 members have voted

  1. 1. Johan Branger-Engone

    • Keep
      2
    • Release
      95
    • Unsure
      8
  2. 2. Zeus de la Paz

    • Keep
      10
    • Release
      91
    • Unsure
      4
  3. 3. Tomas Egert

    • Keep
      18
    • Release
      64
    • Unsure
      23
  4. 4. Mohamed Maouche

    • Keep
      36
    • Release
      56
    • Unsure
      13
  5. 5. Christopher Missilou

    • Would Have Kept
      78
    • Would Have Released
      19
    • Wasn't Sure
      8

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/28/2020 at 10:59 PM

Recommended Posts

Five Latics players were given a two or three month Covid-19 Short-Term Extension contract at the end of June. As such their contracts should expire at the end of August or September.

 

If the decision was yours would you keep or release these players?

 

ūüó≥ÔłŹ

 

Inspired by singe.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Five Latics players were given a two or three month Covid-19 Short-Term Extension contract at the end of June. As such their contracts should expire at the end of August or September.

 

If the decision was yours would you keep or release these players?

 

ūüó≥ÔłŹ

 

Inspired by singe.

 

Don‚Äôt think there should be the¬†option ‚ÄėUnsure‚Äô. The club will have to chose to either keep or release the player.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

JBE, ZDLP & Egert are going. Mauoche and Missilou would have to take significant reductions in wages...

 

I suppose it depends on whether, in the current climate, they can get better deals elsewhere or persuade Latics to up their offer. It seems that Missilou, according to this (small) non-scientific poll, is the one player fans want to keep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

 

I suppose it depends on whether, in the current climate, they can get better deals elsewhere or persuade Latics to up their offer. It seems that Missilou, according to this (small) non-scientific poll, is the one player fans want to keep. 

With the talent Mighty Mo has displayed he shouldn't be short of offers. Thanks to Abdallah for gifting him to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

JBE, ZDLP & Egert are going. Mauoche and Missilou would have to take significant reductions in wages...

Maouche should take a significant drop in wages if he stays; he only turns up every half dozen games or so. Missilou makes too many mistakes gifting the opposition possession in dangerous areas, often leading to a goal. I wouldn't be upset if they all went.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Missilou was decent in his first season but disappointed in the 2nd for me.  I thought that he was played too advanced by Dino when he's better in a deeper midfield role.

 

That said, he'll get my appreciation for the brilliant performance he put in at Fulham.  Nepomuceno does too for the cross for Lang's goal, but Missilou was my MotM for basically channelling the spirit of Ngolo Kante.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Missilou was decent in his first season but disappointed in the 2nd for me.  I thought that he was played too advanced by Dino when he's better in a deeper midfield role.

 

That said, he'll get my appreciation for the brilliant performance he put in at Fulham.  Nepomuceno does too for the cross for Lang's goal, but Missilou was my MotM for basically channelling the spirit of Ngolo Kante.

Agree Missilou never kicked on but will always be fondly remembered for his masterclass at Fulham. 

 

Yet another of AL's imports for whom Latics did not receive a fee....speaks volumes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...