Covid-19 Short-Term Extension Contracts

Would you keep or release the following players?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Johan Branger-Engone

• Keep
    • Release
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Zeus de la Paz

• Keep
    • Release
    • Unsure
  3. 3. Tomas Egert

• Keep
    • Release
    • Unsure
  4. 4. Mohamed Maouche

• Keep
    • Release
    • Unsure
  5. 5. Christopher Missilou

• Would Have Kept
    • Would Have Released
    • Wasn't Sure

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/28/2020 at 10:59 PM

Five Latics players were given a two or three month Covid-19 Short-Term Extension contract at the end of June. As such their contracts should expire at the end of August or September.

If the decision was yours would you keep or release these players?

🗳️

Inspired by singe.

34 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Five Latics players were given a two or three month Covid-19 Short-Term Extension contract at the end of June. As such their contracts should expire at the end of August or September.

If the decision was yours would you keep or release these players?

🗳️

Inspired by singe.

Don’t think there should be the option ‘Unsure’. The club will have to chose to either keep or release the player.

16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

JBE, ZDLP & Egert are going. Mauoche and Missilou would have to take significant reductions in wages...

I suppose it depends on whether, in the current climate, they can get better deals elsewhere or persuade Latics to up their offer. It seems that Missilou, according to this (small) non-scientific poll, is the one player fans want to keep. 

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I suppose it depends on whether, in the current climate, they can get better deals elsewhere or persuade Latics to up their offer. It seems that Missilou, according to this (small) non-scientific poll, is the one player fans want to keep. 

With the talent Mighty Mo has displayed he shouldn't be short of offers. Thanks to Abdallah for gifting him to us.

23 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

JBE, ZDLP & Egert are going. Mauoche and Missilou would have to take significant reductions in wages...

Maouche should take a significant drop in wages if he stays; he only turns up every half dozen games or so. Missilou makes too many mistakes gifting the opposition possession in dangerous areas, often leading to a goal. I wouldn't be upset if they all went.

Missilou was decent in his first season but disappointed in the 2nd for me.  I thought that he was played too advanced by Dino when he's better in a deeper midfield role.

That said, he'll get my appreciation for the brilliant performance he put in at Fulham.  Nepomuceno does too for the cross for Lang's goal, but Missilou was my MotM for basically channelling the spirit of Ngolo Kante.

18 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Missilou was decent in his first season but disappointed in the 2nd for me.  I thought that he was played too advanced by Dino when he's better in a deeper midfield role.

That said, he'll get my appreciation for the brilliant performance he put in at Fulham.  Nepomuceno does too for the cross for Lang's goal, but Missilou was my MotM for basically channelling the spirit of Ngolo Kante.

Agree Missilou never kicked on but will always be fondly remembered for his masterclass at Fulham. 

Yet another of AL's imports for whom Latics did not receive a fee....speaks volumes 

Archived