Andrea Badan signs for Latics.

Like this type of signing. Right level of risk/reward without we assume breaking the bank.

If he turns out shit very little lost, if hes a star then happy days.

I bizarrely have a level of optimism that has eluded me for a few seasons ....at least on the field anyway.

I guess as we have sunk so low that's not difficult though!😂

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They look to be handing 2 year deals to these ‘squad’ players so I think they must be paying a pittance!

😂😂😂

The Agency has the likes of Wenger and Ancellotti on it's books, and  Dele Ali, Kyle Walker etc and has £20m a year turnover.

31 minutes ago, singe said:

Same agency as Zak Dearnley and George Blackwood.
They are a top tier agency, so I would not assume cheap, despite not being a top level player.

We need a Panorama investigation into the possible underhanded world of football agents. 

Why has the game changed from scouting players of choice to relying on agencies to provide us with players on their books? 

37 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

We need a Panorama investigation into the possible underhanded world of football agents. 

Why has the game changed from scouting players of choice to relying on agencies to provide us with players on their books? 

Easy. 💷💷💷

1 hour ago, singe said:

😂😂😂

The Agency has the likes of Wenger and Ancellotti on it's books, and  Dele Ali, Kyle Walker etc and has £20m a year turnover.

So what......businesses usually have a varied clientele...for every top player in their portfolio there will be 20 minnows.

13 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

On the website it also said, "the player was recommended to Harry Kewell through his scouting network"

It wasn't Mo you know!

Who is Mo trying to kid. Scouting network my foot. More lies.

Do we really need another LB on our limited budget. We are short in MF and CB, if Wheater isn't allowed to play.

50 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Yeah I know.  But it stinks that businessmen are getting rich from clubs like ourselves who are struggling to survive.   

Yep. Just like the BBC would only do a panorama programme if there was money to be made. Everything is about money these days

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Yeah I know.  But it stinks that businessmen are getting rich from clubs like ourselves who are struggling to survive.   

We paid out £2,570 in the last reported 12 months. Hope they're not relying on us...

(although tbf, wouldn't surprise me if not everything was declared from our circus)

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

We paid out £2,570 in the last reported 12 months. Hope they're not relying on us...

(although tbf, wouldn't surprise me if not everything was declared from our circus)

Wouldn't that be because a lot of business was between the club and ML's links though? 

7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Agents fees are supposed to be included in the wage cap. What's happened to that, is it enforceable? If not it's a bit late now.

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Glad I retired from scouting, agents rule now.

44 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I'm not getting involved in the cynicism but, are any of the other left-backs actually left-footed, as Badan is?

That might clear things up. If one of them is right footed, and wheater stays, that'll be a balanced eight defenders.

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

So what......businesses usually have a varied clientele...for every top player in their portfolio there will be 20 minnows.

It's obvious top tier agencies won't waste time on 20 minnows for each high profile. Of course, plenty of agencies will, but were not dealing with them here. 

Take a look, whilst there will be others not mentioned. £20m a year from this list looks pretty achievable.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/base-soccer-agency-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/674

Archived