January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oafc1955 said:

😂😂

What a thoroughly depressing deadline day. Looks like we’ll be treated to yet another season of 2nd division shite.

How far are we into this 5 year plan?

3, but it feels like a lot more.

The F5 has never been so redundant on a transfer day

Just now, LaticMark said:

* Slams shut *

There's usually a handful announced after it closes, but I'm not holding my breath.

So it looks like this

1. we still have a squad that includes 7, yes SEVEN, loan players (unless I can't count)
  2. Wheatz still on the books getting paid (I don't get this "he's on £4K a week" unless someone can prove it) but not allowed to play, a defence that often couldn't stop a pig in a passage
  3. Rowe allowed to go with no replacement
  4. a 20 year old midfielder that no one's heard of who can hardly get a kick at Posh
  5. apart from Barnett going as well, that's it

Thank God we've got Hilßner, Adams and Bahamboula.

What a waste of a window.

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

There's usually a handful announced after it closes, but I'm not holding my breath.

So it looks like this

1. we still have a squad that includes 7, yes SEVEN, loan players (unless I can't count)
  2. Wheatz still on the books getting paid (I don't get this "he's on £4K a week" unless someone can prove it) but not allowed to play, a defence that often couldn't stop a pig in a passage
  4. a 20 year old midfielder that no one's heard of who can hardly get a kick at Posh

Free agents can still be signed.

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

So it looks like this

Well Hilßner and Adams mean that it wasn't quite a waste. Imagine it without them. And lets give Tasdemir a chance before writing him off.

Extending Clarke's loan may prove to be another positive from the window 

Just now, boyinthesnow said:

Well Hilßner and Adams mean that it wasn't quite a waste. Imagine it without them. And lets give Tasdemir a chance before writing him off.

Don’t forget Barnes 

1 minute ago, boyinthesnow said:

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Don’t forget Barnes 

All valid points. I was feeling a right miserable bastard expecting at least one signing tonight that would have made me sit up and think, "ooh".

But what is the point in having 7 loanees when you can only have 5 in the matchday squad? You're going piss off two of them, not to mention their parent club managers.

Actually, as one of them is Lawlor, it's defo 2 outfield players who'll likely be just a tad unhappy.

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

All valid points. I was feeling a right miserable bastard expecting at least one signing tonight that would have made me sit up and think, "ooh".

But what is the point in having 7 loanees when you can only have 5 in the matchday squad? You're going piss off two of them, not to mention their parent club managers.

Actually, as one of them is Lawlor, it's defo 2 outfield players who'll likely be just a tad unhappy.

No it’s pathetic honestly. 

What was AL’s plan ? Not to rely on loans, well we have 7 of them. 

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I agree on the loan situation.  Poor organising.....unless we have turned a couple permanent that haven't been announced yet. Having said that I'm glad it didn't stop them getting Hilßner.

Imagine the reaction if Garrity has been signed permanently.  I expect if that has happened,  the delay is due to the web guy not being able to bring himself to post it.

Just now, LightDN123 said:

No it’s pathetic honestly. 

What was AL’s plan ? Not to rely on loans, well we have 7 of them. 

I wonder if Leeds are looking to get McCalmont back or Blackpool want Garrity back (please). And if we'd signed a decent striker, Grant could have gone back to Wrexham. Still, what do I know? I'm not a Head Coach/puppet.

I cannot believe that we haven’t brought in an experienced CB and CF but instead have signed yet another midfielder. 

We may as well not have bothered if our intention was to tread water in what is a bloody awful division.

We must surely be looking to send a couple of loanees back at the very least as we now have seven. As you can only include 5 in a matchday 16 we have effectively reduced our available squad by 2!

Seven loanees is in no way planning for a promotion push anytime soon and with the majority of the rest out of contract  in June we’ll almost certainly be starting next season with yet another new squad!!

Archived