January Transfer Window

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Posh winger on loan apparently. Reckon this will mean either Garrity being made permanent or McCalmont being recalled by Leeds and sent to a L1 side...

We could possibly take over Grant's contract with Wrexham to the end of the season to free up a loan space.

I'm just clutching at straws really and trying to find out ways of not signing Garrity if the Posh lad thing is true

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You're just hoping we don't get a bag of shite like McAleny with a shocking 1 in 2 record or someone like Bahamboula who assists loads of goals

Actually, i am hoping we get someone at the other end of the pitch! it may have escaped your notice but we seem to have a most infuriating habit of conceding goals.

ps, i stand by my bahamboula statement, that ok Fluffy ?

19 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

No great loss tbf and I was surprised that HK thought he was worth extending. 

In his own words on his notts county unveiling:

“I’ve got quite a lot of pace and power – I’m a fit lad as well who likes to go up and down. I’m a good set piece taker, too, and get quite a lot of assists.” 

“I’d never played men’s football before, so it was a great experience to play in the EFL this season,” he said. 

“The step up was tough – it’s a lot more rough and aggressive than Under 23s football – but I got used to it quite quickly and the more games I played, the easier it got for me. 

Speaking about Barnett's arrival, boss Neal Ardley said he was delighted to get the deal over the line for the 21-year-old who has made 17 League Two appearances for Athletic this season.

"We were looking hard in that position and  thought we had something lined up but it didn't quite happen," he said.

"We went back to the well a little bit and Jordan came up.

"As always with recruitment, things can sort of change from week to week.

"Jordan was one that probably wasn't available a couple of weeks ago,  then it was a case of he might become available, and then he did become available.

"It's on a permanent until the end of the season so it doesn't use up a loan space which doesn't take us into that five loans. So it was perfect all the way round. 

"He's a very aggressive player, very dynamic and likes to  get tight.

"He works very hard. And the bit that impressed me was his dynamic play. He got forward and defended with pace. He likes to put his foot in and he  likes to get forward. We were delighted when we could get it done."

Archived