Playing Squad - Summer 21

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, oafcmetty said:

Picking up the baton from Crusoe. Will keep post 1 updated...

1. Jayson Leutwiler (2023?)

23. Danny Rogers (2022)

2. Jordan Clarke (2022)
3. Sam Hart (2022 with option)
5. Harrison McGahey (2023?)

6. Carl Piergianni (2022)
14. Dylan Fage (2022)
15. Kyle Jameson (2022)

17. Jack Stobbs (2022)
22. Raphaël Diarra (2022)
32. Will Sutton (2022) - on two month-long loan with Farsley Celtic, till end Feb

33. Benny Couto (2024)

4. Ousseynou Cisse (2022 with option)

7. Nicky Adams (2022)

8. Callum Whelan (2022)
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)
24. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)

26. Alex Hunt (on half-season loan from Sheff Weds)

27. Jamie Hopcutt (2022 with option)

28. Chris Missilou (2022)

34. Harry Vaughan (2023, with option for 1 more year)

47. Kane Badby (2022)

9. Hallum Hope (2022 with option)

19. Vani Da Silva (2023)- on loan with Ashton Utd
29. Junior Luamba (2022)

Does this make 22 players of 'professional standard', which means we can only bring in 1 more? 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Sure I saw Will Sutton training with the senior squad on the BBCTV NW news report.

I wonder if he's in contention for tomorrow? 

Wouldn't he be training with us some of the time anyway if he's on loan with a part time club?

40 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a shame as he could have a big future. I don’t know why he should be getting recurring hamstring problem injuries at such a young age…..perhaps rudemedic could throw some light on it?

Maybe it could be because he is still growing or maybe he wasn't quite ready to return from the previous set-back when he did. I wouldn't write off his career just yet.

49 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a shame as he could have a big future. I don’t know why he should be getting recurring hamstring problem injuries at such a young age…..perhaps rudemedic could throw some light on it?

@rudemedic will be able to I'm sure, bit here's an interesting article, particularly concerning Messi's problems.

https://sport360.com/article/football/341701/hamstring-injuries-decoding-footballs-most-notorious-impediment

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Doubt it as the rumour with Cisse was he had his whole contract cancelled or paid up - they won't be doing that with Junior unless they really are heartless

Cisse’s player profile is still on the website!

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I'm not sure what you mean?

Think he’s being sarcastic/tongue in cheek 

it’s the anti vax thing to blame everything on the vaccine from someone dying of a heart attack to a train being late 

Edit - or he’s an anti vaxer and he’s being deadly serious 

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Think he’s being sarcastic/tongue in cheek 

it’s the anti vax thing to blame everything on the vaccine from someone dying of a heart attack to a train being late 

Edit - or he’s an anti vaxer and he’s being deadly serious 

Ah, I see. Probably sarcasm.
I could do my hamstring going for a vax because I have been known to chase nurses before now. :D 

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

@rudemedic will be able to I'm sure, bit here's an interesting article, particularly concerning Messi's problems.

https://sport360.com/article/football/341701/hamstring-injuries-decoding-footballs-most-notorious-impediment

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

Maybe it could be because he is still growing or maybe he wasn't quite ready to return from the previous set-back when he did. I wouldn't write off his career just yet.

Think @Wardiemaybe as accurate as I could be. He's probably still in late puberty so has some growing (even if not in height), he's clearly bulked up over the past few months.

He may not have been fully fit - he's only just returned from a hamstring injury, and was feeling it against Bristol Rovers. He was also feeling his hamstring prior to going down at Newport, but played on for about 5 minutes before he went off. 

His natural physiology may not help, as he may have more fast twitch muscle fibres than average, and fast twitch muscle is less durable. 

Think he will need careful management over the next few years otherwise he may end up the way of a number of other players. One thing he probably needs to do from now on is to go down sooner if he feels his hamstring again. But that's the sort of thing that comes with experience. 

Fingers crossed for Junior. 

23 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Very complicated issue. In academies, there need to be measures in place to protect growing young people. When they get moved to senior squads, are those things still in place. Growth needs to be monitored for example, do we think that is happening?  Growth Spurts should be followed with avoiding matches and high intensity work, sprints etc.

Muscle work load needs to be monitored using the GPS system and players rested appropriately.  I remember mentioning that KC wasn’t interested is such science, and if not it is easy to miss the opportunity to rest players and avoid injury.  Small squads with a core of players that are considered “must be played” risk overloading them. 

The principle is that those moments of 100% muscle effort cause micro tears in muscles, which can add up if recovery between is insufficient.  What is sufficient is hard to predict as it is different for each player.

Its the reason that good teams have a meeting every morning with physios, Sports scientists and team dr to look at each players charts graphs etc to plan that days work load. Something lacking in small organisation like our team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived