4. Ousseynou Cisse (2022 with option)

7. Nicky Adams (2022)

8. Callum Whelan (2022)
10. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)

18. Jamie Bowden - on season-long loan from Spurs
24. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)

26. Faysal Bettache - on season-long loan from QPR

27. Jamie Hopcutt (2022 with option)

34. Harry Vaughan (2023, with option for 1 more year)

9. Hallum Hope (2022 with option)

11. Zak Dearnley (2022)
19. Vani Da Silva (New Year 2022)
29. Junior Luamba (2022)

So in effect the vast majority of these could be gone at the end of the season and we start from scratch yet again? Hardly what I'd call building a team for the future. Is this the 5 year plan coming to fruition?

Just now, BP1960 said:

So in effect the vast majority of these could be gone at the end of the season and we start from scratch yet again? Hardly what I'd call building a team for the future. Is this the 5 year plan coming to fruition?

Maybe if I shout you'll hear:

WE CAN'T SIGN ANYONE ON TWO YEAR CONTRACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe if I shout you'll hear:

WE CAN'T SIGN ANYONE ON TWO YEAR CONTRACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. . . and the transfer embargo rules are different outside of a transfer window:

"Outside of a transfer window, Clubs can only register Out of Registration players (free agents) and Clubs can only register Out of Registration players if they have less than 16 players of Professional Standing (2x Goalkeepers, 14x Outfield Players)"

"In line with Regulation 57, Clubs can register an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan if they don’t have any Professional Goalkeepers available due to injuries, suspensions or international call-ups."

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

. . . and the transfer embargo rules are different outside of a transfer window:

"Outside of a transfer window, Clubs can only register Out of Registration players (free agents) and Clubs can only register Out of Registration players if they have less than 16 players of Professional Standing (2x Goalkeepers, 14x Outfield Players)"

"In line with Regulation 57, Clubs can register an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan if they don’t have any Professional Goalkeepers available due to injuries, suspensions or international call-ups."

So we have what we've got

14 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Less than 16! We're screwed unless we did sneak someone in last night.

24 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Surely it would be announced by now?

I get the impression from this close season that deals are announced some time after they've ben agreed. Don't know why. Perhaps they like to build up the excitement. If true, then it's bollocks. It just makes me stressed, thinking we're totally screwed.

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Thanks, he likes to shout, even when missing the point, which was the seemingly failure of the 5 year plan.

Think events from March 2020 onwards probably put the skids under any plan, bizarre that people keep making reference to it.

13 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Think events from March 2020 onwards probably put the skids under any plan, bizarre that people keep making reference to it.

Undoubtedly then, fans desperate for live football having missed it for 18 months, will return to BP in droves - just like other clubs.

Oh hang on...

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

Latics could be without Dylan Bahamboula for a total of 20 days because of international duty and Covid restrictions.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/football/19552586.oldham-boss-keith-curle-dylan-bahamboulas-congo-status/

And there's another Int break in October, isn't there...?

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

And there's another Int break in October, isn't there...?

Yep but both of those games in October are currently scheduled to be in current Amber list countries (Togo and Congo).

The Oldham Times is slightly wrong as Namibia are playing Congo in Jo’burg, South Africa, however, as South Africa is also red list country it doesn’t make much difference.

As far as I can interpret the rules, Bahamboula may not have to isolate if he stays in Congo a bit longer, so he’s not been in a red list country for the past 10 days and he’s been vaccinated. I’d hope all of Oldham’s players will have received at least the first dose of vaccination.

It’s a challenge for all clubs and hopefully the club do better at interpreting the rules than they have with other rules lately.

Archived