Latics:
Not won in 5 games.
One win in 9 games.
7 points from possible 24.

Bradford City:

Unbeaten in 7 games at home.

Scored in last 11 games.
16 points from possible 24.

Referee: ANDY HAINES (first time appointed in a Latics game this season).

EFL appointments 20-23 March

image.png

>> Prediction League: https://owtbpredictionleague.azurewebsites.net/

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case you missed this, thought I’d share Keith Curle’s assessment of Pidge as reported in the Oldham Times:

“Carl is very good at organising the two defenders either side of him and the defensive midfield player in front, and if the ball’s in the air head it, and if it’s on the ground kick it.”

😎

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

In case you missed this, thought I’d share Keith Curle’s assessment of Pidge as reported in the Oldham Times:

“Carl is very good at organising the two defenders either side of him and the defensive midfield player in front, and if the ball’s in the air head it, and if it’s on the ground kick it.”

😎

Quite compelling.

However Big Dog, as you well know, some say this reliability and basic competency is just not enough, Pidge should be chased out of town back to non league forthwith.

I would be happy for Pidge to stay and keep the armband next season.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Right come on then, how many is HE going to score this weekend...?

If we had Kewell in charge and the way he set us up, I think he would get so much space and fill his boots.

The way we set up with Curle should hopefully crowd him out a bit more, although I expect he'll probably score a worldie.

The main changes I'd make would be in defence to give us a bit more balance.  Moving Jameson across to the left of centre in place of Badan is a must.  Hopefully Clarke is back from injury but if not then Sutton or Jombati would be next in line.  Just not Diarra.

In the absence of CBJ, Badan would be the ideal left wing-back.  But after his poor defending for the Scunthorpe goal I'd keep with Fage there for the time being.

The only other change would be to bring in Bahamboula for Hilßner.  Whelan and McCalmont actually earned their places on Tuesday and Bahamboula is definitely needed.

Lawlor (or whoever is fit)

Clarke

Piergianni

Jameson

Adams

Whelan

McCalmont

Fage

Bahamboula

McAleny

DKD

4 hours ago, Bender said:

image.png

Latics:
Not won in 5 games.
One win in 9 games.
7 points from possible 24.

Bradford City:

Unbeaten in 7 games at home.

Scored in last 11 games.
16 points from possible 24.

Referee: ANDY HAINES (first time appointed in a Latics game this season).

EFL appointments 20-23 March

image.png

>> Prediction League: https://owtbpredictionleague.azurewebsites.net/

Hard to see anything other than an easy away win

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

When we attack them yes, not starting Bahamboula will be a clue to Curle's mindset 

Even if we went with a defensive mindset Curle appears to be a clean sheets and set pieces type of manager. You would still think you would have room for a player like Bahamboula. Out of the 10 outfield players even if you pick 7-8 of them with the instructions to contain the opposition you should still have room for someone like that to give the opposition something to think about at the other end of the pitch. I'm hoping he was resting him Tuesday with the intention to be unleashed tomorrow 

The Scunthorpe commentary team made a telling point on Tuesday stating that we appeared ‘an easy team to play against’. Much as I really like seeing Bahamboula take on the opposition it is entertaining more so than effective. Until he learns to avoid losing possession so much he’ll play at this level. Perhaps why Curle isn’t totally convinced yet.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

The Scunthorpe commentary team made a telling point on Tuesday stating that we appeared ‘an easy team to play against’. Much as I really like seeing Bahamboula take on the opposition it is entertaining more so than effective. Until he learns to avoid losing possession so much he’ll play at this level. Perhaps why Curle isn’t totally convinced yet.

Bahamboula didn’t play against Scunthorpe. You could argue that if he had we might have been less easy to play against ...

11 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Lawlor (or whoever is fit)

Clarke

Piergianni

Jameson

Adams

Whelan

McCalmont

Fage

Bahamboula

McAleny

DKD

So Lawlor is definitely out.  If they extend Walker's loan then surely he'll be between the sticks.

If Clarke doesn't make tomorrow I'd like to see Will Sutton given a go at right centre back.

Archived