MATCH: vs Colchester United (H) 09/04/21

29 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Can’t stand them - the idea of wealth through birth and “service” being unveiling plaques and giving speeches in front of gold pianos is sickening to me 

and yes there is - Iphone didn’t think so 😀 (you also missed it 😂)

No running away from all you've ever known

Time to welcome president Corbyn

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

No running away from all you've ever known

Time to welcome president Corbyn

Well at least he'd be democratically elected as president (which he never would because he's a twat).

Privilege stinks of farty old bollocks with stinky blue cheese. I mean come on. Do people still fall for this tired old shit? I'm not talking about the individuals, but the actual positions. It's ridiculous. 

Who would we vote for as president? I'd go for Joe Royle (hint of irony there), but i think the nation would go for Bradley Walsh or co-presidents Ant and Dec. I'd accept that as a democratic choice.

1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Well at least he'd be democratically elected as president (which he never would because he's a twat).

Privilege stinks of farty old bollocks with stinky blue cheese. I mean come on. Do people still fall for this tired old shit? I'm not talking about the individuals, but the actual positions. It's ridiculous. 

Who would we vote for as president? I'd go for Joe Royle (hint of irony there), but i think the nation would go for Bradley Walsh or co-presidents Ant and Dec. I'd accept that as a democratic choice.

Stephen Fry, Brian Cox or Bob Mortimer. 

I'm no roylist, but for all the money in the world I wouldn't want to be woken up in the early hours to be told today's the day it's been arranged you're unveiling a plaque at some shopping centre  hundreds of miles away.

That's the life he chose and despite his outspokeness did some good things like his awards scheme. 

21 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I'm proud we have such a great woman ruling over our nation and she can be as privileged as she likes as far as I'm concerned 

Without her and her husband, this country would have been less than nothing.

11 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Can’t stand them - the idea of wealth through birth and “service” being unveiling plaques and giving speeches in front of gold pianos is sickening to me 

9 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'm proud we have such a great woman ruling over our nation and she can be as privileged as she likes as far as I'm concerned 

Each to his own opinion. But in the Colchester (Home) match thread?  

Wait until Matt starts the Morecambe (Away) topic and then pile in on the fact that kick-off time has been moved... 🙄

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Each to his own opinion. But in the Colchester (Home) match thread?  

Wait until Matt starts the Morecambe (Away) topic and then pile in on the fact that kick-off time has been moved... 🙄

You're quite right but not the time for folk to be so disrespectful

some things in life are above kicking a bag of wind

14 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Interested to know how you came to that conclusion? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to continue bespoiling this great thread

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Interested to know how you came to that conclusion? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to continue bespoiling this great thread

I'll not be explaining myself to you or anyone else for that matter and if I did, it most certainly wouldn't be in a personal message on a football forum.

Now get back to YOUR thread 🤫

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Saturday the 17th isnt it? At 15:00? Have I missed something obvious? Why are you all laughing? :D

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That kind of depends on the person compiling the stats knowing what it was he was trying to achieve 😁

In AFL they have ball ups at most stoppages. They are similar to lineouts in union, but only two ruckmen compte for the ball and hit it out to their own player. 

Collingwood ruck Brodie Grundy won the hitouts 63-4 vs the Lions, but only 21 were to advantage. 

Stats hey?

39 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

In AFL they have ball ups at most stoppages. They are similar to lineouts in union, but only two ruckmen compte for the ball and hit it out to their own player. 

Collingwood ruck Brodie Grundy won the hitouts 63-4 vs the Lions, but only 21 were to advantage. 

Stats hey?

Barely understood a word of that but it still reinforced my belief that a lot of stats are bollocks. 

Late to the party but...

First 35 mins not much happen other than Whelan and Walker failed attempt at the most comical piece of defending, but 7 mins later and after 2 smart DKD dribbles, a McAleny pen that squeezed home and a brilliantly peculiar free kick routine (that Curle has given Paul Butler credit for) and we're 2-0 up.

From our first goal to their first goal I thought we played some of our best football of the season and could've scored even more (Bahamboula deserved at least one goal), but as soon as we conceded we absolutely shut up shop.  I want Curle to be in charge next season but if he's going to set us up to defend a lead often then we need to sign players who have the discipline to do it!  Before DKD's first goal they could've easily drawn level.

But DKD's two great finishes to counter attacks were pleasing to see.  While Curle clearly values structure and shape above all (not a problem in my opinion) he's not stifled our attackers creativity and flair in the last two games which I've feared might happen in order to try to improve the defence.  Bahamboula coming back and looking more comfortable in the set up definitely helps but the he wasn't involved in the fast breaks for the last two goals, so it shows that the team as a whole is allowed some freedom.

Again I'd be more than happy to have the same XI at Morecambe (whenever it happens) as no one played particularly badly despite odd error or two.  DKD absolutely deserves the MotM award for his hand in the first two goals and his finishes for the last two goals.  I'm really interested to see how good he could be next season, if we bring in a good target man for him to play off then I wouldn't be surprised if he does well enough to soften the blow of McAleny leaving.  Incredible that I'm saying that after some of his "performances" earlier in the season but he's improved so much that he deserves the praise.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

DKD absolutely deserves the MotM award for his hand in the first two goals and his finishes for the last two goals.  I'm really interested to see how good he could be next season, if we bring in a good target man for him to play off then I wouldn't be surprised if he does well enough to soften the blow of McAleny leaving.  Incredible that I'm saying that after some of his "performances" earlier in the season but he's improved so much that he deserves the praise.

DKD was involved throughout the game and shows a rare composure when on the ball. He still has moments when his control lets him down and maybe he could improve his contribution when out of possession but his eye for goal is top class.

His development as a player over the season is a huge compliment to the coaching staff and the lad himself. He didn’t figure much until the end of October and only scored his first goal in the league in December.

A salutary lesson for those who write players off too quickly 😉

Archived