Brentford: Directions, Beer & Food

NOTE: Even information about a new stadium may be out of date in this ever-changing world.

Brentford Community Stadium, 166 Lionel Road North, Brentford, London, TW8 0RU

The stadium is located between Kew Bridge Station and the A4 and M4, close to Chiswick roundabout, less than a mile away from the old ground at Griffin Park. It has a capacity of 17,250 and is the home of both Brentford FC and London Irish rugby club.

It has state of the art features, including two LED screens which currently have the highest resolution in a UK stadium. It also benefits from Desso Grassmaster fibre-stitched system, which is the same pitch technology as Wembley Stadium.

Away fans are situated in the East Stand, with an allocation of around 2,000.

For detailed information on the stadium and how to get there, car parking, public transport and local attractions, see:

https://www.brentfordfc.com/fans-and-community/visiting-the-stadium/

Where to Eat and Drink:

In addition to the four pubs on the corners surrounding the old ground, the New Inn, Royal Oak, Griffin and Princess Royal, the nearest pubs are:

The Express Tavern, 56 Kew Bridge Road, TW8 0EW - a CAMRA award-winning pub with kitchen serving “unfussy food”, and a spectacular outdoor space on the northern bank of Kew Bridge.

The One Over the Ait, 8 Kew Bridge Road, TW8 0FJ - a Fuller’s pub with kitchen near Kew Bridge, nestled by the river along the Thames Path away from all the traffic. It has a wide selection of cask and keg beers.

The Pilot, 56 Wellesley Road, Chiswick, W4 4BZ - a small Fuller’s pub and restaurant serving “an extremely high standard of food and ale”.

As this is my manor, I can say with some confidence that the Express Tavern and the One Over the Ait are the closest/best options.

The Pilot is not really geared up for football fans.

if it’s a nice evening, there are 4 pubs along the river which would be worth considering as you can stand/sit outside along the wall overlooking the Thames. They’re called The Steam Packet, the Bell & Crown, the City Barge & the Bulls Head.

• Matt featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Brentford are to require spectators aged 18 and above to undertake a Covid-19 status check and be able to provide one of the following as evidence:

• NHS Covid Pass via the NHS App, in your Apple wallet, PDF version or letter 
  • Negative Covid lateral flow test result within the last 48 hours either an email or text message 
  • Antibody test evidence in the NHS App 
  • NHS Covid Vaccine Card (blue card) 
  • EU Digital Covid certificate.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/september/get-ready-for-covid-certification-at-our-upcoming-matches/

On 9/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, Diego_Sideburns said:

Brentford are to require spectators aged 18 and above to undertake a Covid-19 status check and be able to provide one of the following as evidence:

• NHS Covid Pass via the NHS App, in your Apple wallet, PDF version or letter 
  • Negative Covid lateral flow test result within the last 48 hours either an email or text message 
  • Antibody test evidence in the NHS App 
  • NHS Covid Vaccine Card (blue card) 
  • EU Digital Covid certificate.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/september/get-ready-for-covid-certification-at-our-upcoming-matches/

for clarity on this, it’s not compulsory and you won’t be turned away. It is a random trial in case the Government introduced full checks (which now looks doubtful in any case!)

It doesn’t actually say that if you order them online that they will take them to Brentford for collection.....obviously I assume they will but clearly can’t trust our lovely club and as it’s impossible to get through on the phone I’m once again wondering if I am allowed to support my team 

13 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

It doesn’t actually say that if you order them online that they will take them to Brentford for collection.....obviously I assume they will but clearly can’t trust our lovely club and as it’s impossible to get through on the phone I’m once again wondering if I am allowed to support my team 

I got this reply when I emailed the club:

Your Brentford ticket will be available to collect 24 hours from purchase. 

Any tickets not collected from Oldham Athletic ticket office will be available to collect at Brentford on the day of the game.

Kind regards

Oldham Athletic Football Club

37 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I got this reply when I emailed the club:

Your Brentford ticket will be available to collect 24 hours from purchase. 

Any tickets not collected from Oldham Athletic ticket office will be available to collect at Brentford on the day of the game.

Kind regards

Oldham Athletic Football Club

Thanks BigDog, that’s what I assumed but a bit low on trust atm !

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

We’re probably playing Brentford reserves so not sure we should be assuming a big defeat

is BamBam back I wonder

Think I saw him in the player's tunnel this morning talking to groundstaff so if it was him he isn't isolating.

We’re probably playing Brentford reserves so not sure we should be assuming a big defeat

is BamBam back I wonder

They will keep two or three regulars on the bench to come on late in the game to finish us off.

is BamBam back I wonder

Look on the bright side, we will get to Wembley by beating every side who plays their kids against us.

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

is BamBam back I wonder

I think the Congolese Messi could be back for Saturday, and he should definitely be available for Brentford. 

Unless he went with Congo to South Africa, but by all accounts he didn’t.

13 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Does the fact that we have requested an additional 400 tickets suggest we are close to selling out the first 600? Amazing if we have!

That was my first thought! I was expecting we’d take around 400.

Two days off work and an overnighter for this one. 

Archived