Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The houses (the residents) behind the Chaddy would kaibosh any development but fair play 

I’m still taking my 182 million to a Jamaican island and the Russian ballet cast (female) 

I'd have a bash at doing all of it let's face it with that kind of wonga their isn't too many things you can't do.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope you don't win it.

To think an Oldham fan could win so much and then do nothing.

Thanks

id put a lot into tackling homelessness and mental health as well funding research into every cancer going 

then I’d get a Caribbean island and a Russian ballet dancer - unless Aliona who used to be on strictly became available 

I wouldn’t buy and fund a shit loss making business - and no one in their right mind would 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Thanks

id put a lot into tackling homelessness and mental health as well funding research into every cancer going 

then I’d get a Caribbean island and a Russian ballet dancer - unless Aliona who used to be on strictly became available 

I wouldn’t buy and fund a shit loss making business - and no one in their right mind would 

Very admirable and I dont doubt you wouldnt do good with it.

I still think there is a cancer within our club you could cure too. 

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Very admirable and I dont doubt you wouldnt do good with it.

I still think there is a cancer within our club you could cure too. 

lets imagine - you buy the club, you get some players on £5,000 a week (average) which would be expected to charge up those leagues  if you pay that for a squad of 22 that’s over 5 million a year - that’s without the overheads - you have absolutely nothing but a lottery win so no other income to negate these losses and those costs will only increase as you “progress” - if you think one lottery winning fan would change anything you are deluded - we’d be good for a few years then crash even more spectacularly 

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

lets imagine - you buy the club, you get some players on £5,000 a week (average) which would be expected to charge up those leagues  if you pay that for a squad of 22 that’s over 5 million a year - that’s without the overheads - you have absolutely nothing but a lottery win so no other income to negate these losses and those costs will only increase as you “progress” - if you think one lottery winning fan would change anything you are deluded - we’d be good for a few years then crash even more spectacularly 

Im not deluded chaddy, I a fan turned up with a substantial number of millions there would be other investors also.

I couldnt run a football club but I could afford to get the ball rolling and start by removing the clowns, then fans trusts, other investors to get involved.

Im sure with such a huge lottery win things could be done whilst securing mine and my famalies futures also.

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Invest £100m somewhere you can get 5% return, run the club off the dividend and then live like a king on the remaining £82m 

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Im not deluded chaddy, I a fan turned up with a substantial number of millions there would be other investors also.

I couldnt run a football club but I could afford to get the ball rolling and start by removing the clowns, then fans trusts, other investors to get involved.

Im sure with such a huge lottery win things could be done whilst securing mine and my famalies futures also.

Fair comment - maybe my pessimism is affecting more than my prediction League 

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Good article here about Rochdale's current plight.

Provides an insight into the murky world of football ownership and the type of characters it attracts and the perils of trying to attract new owners/investment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58883213 

I can't really fathom why lower league football attracts murky characters. Can't imagine that mamy walk away with a profit. 

9 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Or a way of "cleaning" money?

It's a subject I know plenty about. A serious money launderer would generally see getting 60-70% of dirty money seen as clean as being a decent result. My guess is that the percentage involved via ownership of a lower league club would be a lot less than that unless someone got lucky finding a buyer with even more grubby cash

I can't see tha the degree of public scrutiny that applies to owning a football club would make it an attractive option at all. 

On 10/10/2021 at 7:19 PM, maximus1267 said:

You'd spend some money on the team, but the majority would be spent on making the club self-efficient. Buy the north stand for the club and get it making money 24/7.  Make the whole matchday experience better, so people are turning up hours before and staying for hours after, spending cash.

Splash the cash initially, but there's so many ways the club could be making money now, but the owners just don't have the finance (or forethought) to put that sort of structure in place..

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It's a subject I know plenty about. A serious money launderer would generally see getting 60-70% of dirty money seen as clean as being a decent result. My guess is that the percentage involved via ownership of a lower league club would be a lot less than that unless someone got lucky finding a buyer with even more grubby cash

I can't see tha the degree of public scrutiny that applies to owning a football club would make it an attractive option at all. 

I wasn't thinking of the initial purchase/sale, more the day to day running of a club. They all loose money but there must be huge potential for laundering given who monitors attendances for instance, transfer/agents fees, expenses.

I see the administrators at Derby have found a £15 million loan from some US company that now holds a charge against the ground.

As  we all keep saying there must be something that attracts a very specific type of character to owning a football club but none of us can seem to identify what it is.

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I wasn't thinking of the initial purchase/sale, more the day to day running of a club. They all loose money but there must be huge potential for laundering given who monitors attendances for instance, transfer/agents fees, expenses.

I see the administrators at Derby have found a £15 million loan from some US company that now holds a charge against the ground.

As  we all keep saying there must be something that attracts a very specific type of character to owning a football club but none of us can seem to identify what it is.

3 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Two things I think.

1.  Ego

2.  A genuine belief that they can make it work (which is probably driven by ego)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 6:36 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

The houses (the residents) behind the Chaddy would kaibosh any development but fair play 

I’m still taking my 182 million to a Jamaican island and the Russian ballet cast (female) 

I see your Russian ballet cast (female) and raise you GB Olympic Gold Medal winning women's hockey team 2016.

When they won that tournament I couldn't help thinking......smother me in chocolate and chuck me in their changing room!

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I see your Russian ballet cast (female) and raise you GB Olympic Gold Medal winning women's hockey team 2016.

When they won that tournament I couldn't help thinking......smother me in chocolate and chuck me in their changing room!

Just googled them… good call 👏👏

one of them (Nicola White) is an Oldham girl, think she was a guest at Latics that year 

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Just googled them… good call 👏👏

one of them (Nicola White) is an Oldham girl, think she was a guest at Latics that year 

I'd take any of Englands women strikers than ours.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I'd take any of Englands women strikers than ours.

Id take my Cousins son and he’s 5

though he had just been signed by Liverpool even though they don’t usually take under 7’s however his mum took him out as it’s “too much” she’s probably got a point 

Archived