Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

35 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Last time I checked, House of Fraser for one was still operating after he took it out of administration. Whether you like him or not, he's rich and would possibly do a better job running Oldham than :clown:

He used Newcastle United as a giant Billboard for sports direct. He doesn't have that option to dontgat here.

He's not exactly a philanthropist either is he. No incentive for him to buy the club whatsoever. He's good at turning struggling retail companies and negotiating good deals on leases for them to cut their overheads he also has a long history of treating staff like shit.

Nothing for him here and he wouldn't even consider it let's end this debate right now.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He used Newcastle United as a giant Billboard for sports direct. He doesn't have that option to dontgat here.

He's not exactly a philanthropist either is he. No incentive for him to buy the club whatsoever. He's good at turning struggling retail companies and negotiating good deals on leases for them to cut their overheads he also has a long history of treating staff like shit.

Nothing for him here and he wouldn't even consider it let's end this debate right now.

Well it's a discussion forum so no need to guillotine the debate.

I don't hold a candle for Ashley at all. But if he were somehow announced as the new owner, how would we as fans react? It's no good saying we want :clown: out (which of course we do) and saying we want to get back to tier 2 (which of course we do) unless we're prepared to countenance a wealthy owner who, in the long run, will run the club as he likes - hopefully altruistically.

Fan/community ownership is a great idea, but I've yet to see such a club make meaningful progress under current club ownership models.

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Well it's a discussion forum so no need to guillotine the debate.

I don't hold a candle for Ashley at all. But if he were somehow announced as the new owner, how would we as fans react? It's no good saying we want :clown: out (which of course we do) and saying we want to get back to tier 2 (which of course we do) unless we're prepared to countenance a wealthy owner who, in the long run, will run the club as he likes - hopefully altruistically.

Fan/community ownership is a great idea, but I've yet to see such a club make meaningful progress under current club ownership models.

I'm actually not bothered about that. I don't want an owner who makes big grandiose plans and doesn't deliver I'm sick of that.

I Just want people who are going to take a long term view of the club and make it sustainable so that we start each August with a chance of being competitive preferably slightly more so than the previous August. If we get back into the 2nd tier or higher that's a bonus. But the aim should be a sustainable club over a long period of time.

By doing that alone I think we will get atleast 1 promotion anyway.

I cant remember who,  but someone hinted at Ashley not having the ambition to take Newcastle to the next level. Surely the Geordies would have been a shoe in for european places or domestic cup success if Ashley had wanted to oversee that.

The size of the club and fan base has big potential so I always questioned his ambition.

I have also seen what he has done to House of Fraser, they are a shadow of their former past, sad to see.

Pretty sure there is nothing at BP to relight his fire.

More likely for us is a group or a former legend wanting to oust AL 😉

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

I cant remember who,  but someone hinted at Ashley not having the ambition to take Newcastle to the next level. Surely the Geordies would have been a shoe in for european places or domestic cup success if Ashley had wanted to oversee that.

The size of the club and fan base has big potential so I always questioned his ambition.

I have also seen what he has done to House of Fraser, they are a shadow of their former past, sad to see.

Pretty sure there is nothing at BP to relight his fire.

More likely for us is a group or a former legend wanting to oust AL 😉

To be fair he didn't do that to HofF. 

What he did to Lilywhites saddened me. 

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

To be fair he didn't do that to HofF. 

What he did to Lilywhites saddened me. 

Just speaking of HOF my view is not all that educated, just that of a frequent shopper of the company.

Since Ashley rescued HOF their stores have seen a massive decline, I used shop in the Carlise store quite alot but it is half filled with Sportsdirect items now and some of the bigger brands have removed themselves.

The Deansgate HOF ( Kendals ) is in a right state, very sad to see.

19 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I Just want people who are going to take a long term view of the club and make it sustainable so that we start each August with a chance of being competitive preferably slightly more so than the previous August.

To be fair, with our crowds, the players and football you're seeing is what it looks like when it is sustainable and being run off Gates, sponsorship and solidarity payments

8 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Will cost him alot more than buying us lol

Actually it won't. Given Derby are in admin it will be possible to negotiate a deal for probably 10p in the pound for the debts. So £80 million debt is £8 million and he gets a state of the art stadium. Meanwhile Blitz wants £6 million for a ground where 3 sides are crumbling. Plus you need to find a couple of million for Abdallah. Even admin doesn't help us as it doesn't change anything in terms of the ground.

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Actually it won't. Given Derby are in admin it will be possible to negotiate a deal for probably 10p in the pound for the debts. So £80 million debt is £8 million and he gets a state of the art stadium. Meanwhile Blitz wants £6 million for a ground where 3 sides are crumbling. Plus you need to find a couple of million for Abdallah. Even admin doesn't help us as it doesn't change anything in terms of the ground.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the actual stadium is owned by Mel Morris rather than Derby County themselves as he bought it off the club for £80million.

25 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Bargain then, why would anyone be interested in us with deals like that to be had.

We need a fan to win the 182 million euros on tuesday.

34 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Bargain then, why would anyone be interested in us with deals like that to be had.

We need a fan to win the 182 million euros on tuesday.

We also need that fan to be a complete basket case who thinks taking on a football club at the arse of league 2 with absolutely nothing but his/her lottery winnings to be a worthwhile investment 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We also need that fan to be a complete basket case who thinks taking on a football club at the arse of league 2 with absolutely nothing but his/her lottery winnings to be a worthwhile investment 

Well if I win the 182 million I will be buying the two clowns off asap

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Well if I win the 182 million I will be buying the two clowns off asap

Football clubs lose a ridiculously amount of money year on year unless you are United.

Fair play to you but id be putting my winnings to my family 

it also flies in the face of no more pennies for the lemmies

id eat my own balls before giving money to fat Blitz too 

24 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think if you'd 183 million in the bank you could afford a few frivolous indulgences.

Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

I think if you'd 183 million in the bank you could afford a few frivolous indulgences.

yeah a private jet, a Lamborghini, a mansion 

a business that will need me to pump more in than it will ever return year on year? No thanks 

Even 182 million will vanish eventually if you are spending more than you accrue 

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Oh I'd do it with £182million in my back pocket. I'd buy both Blitz and Abdallah Out although I'd bide my time before we go into administration. Reckon I could pick the club up and the ground. Redevelop the ground, new chaddy end which woukd be the home end again, new mainstand, do up the top floor of the Royle Stand. Give the Frizzell Stand a minor renovation, build a fan bar, build a new training ground reckon that would cost about £40million. Then just fund a £1million a year loss from now until forever. 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh I'd do it with £182million in my back pocket. I'd buy both Blitz and Abdallah Out although I'd bide my time before we go into administration. Reckon I could pick the club up and the ground. Redevelop the ground, new chaddy end which woukd be the home end again, new mainstand, do up the top floor of the Royle Stand. Give the Frizzell Stand a minor renovation, build a fan bar, build a new training ground reckon that would cost about £40million. Then just fund a £1million a year loss from now until forever. 

The houses (the residents) behind the Chaddy would kaibosh any development but fair play 

I’m still taking my 182 million to a Jamaican island and the Russian ballet cast (female) 

23 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Football clubs lose a ridiculously amount of money year on year unless you are United.

Fair play to you but id be putting my winnings to my family 

it also flies in the face of no more pennies for the lemmies

id eat my own balls before giving money to fat Blitz too 

I love my club too much to do nothing with 182 million....... I could set 50 million aside for the club to be rescued....... I would still be left with a disgusting amount of money.

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The houses (the residents) behind the Chaddy would kaibosh any development but fair play 

I’m still taking my 182 million to a Jamaican island and the Russian ballet cast (female) 

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope you don't win it.

To think an Oldham fan could win so much and then do nothing.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

I love my club too much to do nothing with 182 million....... I could set 50 million aside for the club to be rescued....... I would still be left with a disgusting amount of money.

Exactly, you wouldn't need to blow it all, a well run club at this level would bring in money which would then need investment from the owner. You could set aside 1 million a year to fund the club at a minimum you could sustain 100 years and still live a fantastic lyfestyle. I just need to buy the ticket now. 

Archived