Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

and who knows what was included...

The family of Eddie Davies their prior owner wrote of something in the region of £170million of Director's Loans I believe. Obviously their was other debts but that was the biggest.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

and who knows what was included...

Bolton were celebrating paying off their £10m unsecured creditors bill at 35p in the £1 earlier this month.

Large amounts of that were owed to HMRC, Bolton Council and St John's Ambulance.

Great to know we've all subsidised their promotion pushes.

And this from a club that had a £7.5m wage bill two seasons ago and left its workers needing food banks.  They still have over £25m debt and made a £3.5m loss last season.

Just now, SweeperKeeper said:

Bolton were celebrating paying off their £10m unsecured creditors bill at 35p in the £1 earlier this month.

Large amounts of that were owed to HMRC, Bolton Council and St John's Ambulance.

Great to know we've all subsidised their promotion pushes.

And this from a club that had a £7.5m wage bill two seasons ago and left its workers needing food banks.  They still have over £25m debt and made a £3.5m loss last season.

smaller numbers but we've been there

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

smaller numbers but we've been there

It's the sheer amount with them, and how many times they've been allowed to do it.

Just galling to see clubs like Bury and Macclesfield go to the wall for much less.

A bit of humility would go a long way.  They should be thanking us for their continued existence rather than celebrating getting a good deal.

I think one of the best posts I've seen on here was shortly after Ashley bought a lingerie company to add to his sports direct empire, where people were speculating about if the sports direct / club shop would start stocking a wider range of merchandise.

It was something like

'nothing says sexy like a giant free mug'

It still makes me smile when I'm using my giant free mug.

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not a chance in hell obviously but if he does perhaps we can all get one of those big fuck off mugs that he sells.

18 hours ago, LaticMark said:

After all we did used to play at SportsDirect.com Park

:shock:

If by some strange turn of events Ashley did show an interest (you never know, the idea of rescuing an ex-PL club might appeal 😂) would we welcome him as an owner?

He stuck by Newcastle for several years despite the fans hurling abuse at him for a lack of ambition, but then those fans' ludicrously high expectations never cease to amuse me - every time I see them referred to as a "sleeping giant" it makes me laugh. Now they've hooked up with those nice chaps in Saudi Arabia perhaps they'll be happy, though I hope the Newcastle medics aren't joined by any MbS devotees.

Ashley clearly enjoys the challenge of rescuing high street firms which have fallen on hard times, what about a new football club challenge. I suspect we could do a lot worse, PTB and OASF should give him a call!

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

If by some strange turn of events Ashley did show an interest (you never know, the idea of rescuing an ex-PL club might appeal 😂) would we welcome him as an owner?

He stuck by Newcastle for several years despite the fans hurling abuse at him for a lack of ambition, but then those fans' ludicrously high expectations never cease to amuse me - every time I see them referred to as a "sleeping giant" it makes me laugh. Now they've hooked up with those nice chaps in Saudi Arabia perhaps they'll be happy, though I hope the Newcastle medics aren't joined by any MbS devotees.

Ashley clearly enjoys the challenge of rescuing high street firms which have fallen on hard times, what about a new football club challenge. I suspect we could do a lot worse, PTB and OASF should give him a call!

it did make me laugh seeing all those Newcastle fans singing 'we've got our club back'. They're now basically owned by a Saudi prince who makes Abdallah look like Mother Theresa

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

'Rescue' 😂

Archived