Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2021 at 12:08 PM, unsworth blue said:

Was thinking of trying a few Scottish league ones, always fancied Berwick Rangers as English in a Scottish league but not done it yet. Always wondered who were the 200 who would follow Berwick or Albion Rovers or someone like that. 

can highly recomend traveling up the east coast to visit the Gayfield Arbroath and see the red lechies in action currently in third place in the scotish champion ship possibley britains highest placed semi pro club . be warned if you do wrap up the Gay field lies right on the coast literaly 100 feet from the north sea makes BP on a january tuesday night positivley tropical .also the area has both the Dundee clubs Montrose & Brechin city close by . nice for a mini tour .

8 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

can highly recomend traveling up the east coast to visit the Gayfield Arbroath and see the red lechies in action currently in third place in the scotish champion ship possibley britains highest placed semi pro club . be warned if you do wrap up the Gay field lies right on the coast literaly 100 feet from the north sea makes BP on a january tuesday night positivley tropical .also the area has both the Dundee clubs Montrose & Brechin city close by . nice for a mini tour .

Mum is in Aberdeen so I'm a regular visitor to those parts. Saw St Johnstone at Arbroath probably going on 15 years ago when a mate who was a Latics fan moved to Perth from Oldham, it's a Steve Redmond clearance from the ball being in the sea there. Saw Brechin win the league v Peterhead, went in the pub for some dinner with the nephew and Brechins manager and assistant plonked themselves down at an adjacent table for pre match fish and chips and a tactical discussion, possibly went along the lines of punt it to Big Tam but it worked as they won the league. Also seen Cove Rangers win the Highland league, doesn't seem to be rubbing off down here.

23 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

Mum is in Aberdeen so I'm a regular visitor to those parts. Saw St Johnstone at Arbroath probably going on 15 years ago when a mate who was a Latics fan moved to Perth from Oldham, it's a Steve Redmond clearance from the ball being in the sea there. Saw Brechin win the league v Peterhead, went in the pub for some dinner with the nephew and Brechins manager and assistant plonked themselves down at an adjacent table for pre match fish and chips and a tactical discussion, possibly went along the lines of punt it to Big Tam but it worked as they won the league. Also seen Cove Rangers win the Highland league, doesn't seem to be rubbing off down here.

did you try the fish supper at taties nook whilst there 

6 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

In addition to Abdallah's many ways of antagonising the supporters, his name has too many syllables for the main chant. At present the second half is "WE WANT DALLAH OUT!". I would dare to suggest dropping the second 'we', making it sound better like this:

WE WANT ABDALLAH OUT, WANT ABDALLAH OUT!

😎

I see where you’re coming from Diego, but after some intensive parsing I think it does work with the emphasis on “want” in the second half.

”We want Abdallah out, we WANT Abdallah out”.

Works for me!

1 hour ago, peanuts2 said:

This is all very well, but to be brutally honest I’d rather travel to watch a Subbuteo match than the Scottish league.

18 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

Was at the Highland League game a couple of years ago when Fort William ended their 2 to 3 year winless run against, I think, Nairn from the East coast. Got talking to the manager after the game who I'm sure said he got promoted to manager that week on the basis that nobody else applied for the managerial job and he was most qualified as he'd put the nets up for a couple of seasons and knew where the corners flags were stored.  

Also went to see East Stirlingshire who, at the the time, were the worst team in the Scottish Professional football. They'd repeatedly finished bottom of the 2nd Division but were on their longest running winless streak. Arrived just before half time and let into the ground by a supporter who was joyous at the 0-0 score. In the 2nd half East Stirling went 2-0 up and the emotion and banter was fantastic. 15 minutes to go and still 2-0 up I went to the 'toilet', by the time I'd found it and got back to my place it was 2-2. The words I recall to this day are 'If ye merve fray tha spot ageen we'll tan yer erse'. Match ended 2-3, I hadn't moved from my spot so was confident that my bladder had no influence on the overall result. 

20 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

This is all very well, but to be brutally honest I’d rather travel to watch a Subbuteo match than the Scottish league.

lve been bestowed with the honour of seeing the top four Scottish divisions and l must say that yes youre probably in the correct mindset here!!

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Any shareholder will be paid last in an insolvency situation. He (AL) would get fuck all back. 

Maybe someone should remind AL that Chris Moore kissed goodbye to £4.4m when the club went into administration in 2003.

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lve been bestowed with the honour of seeing the top four Scottish divisions and l must say that yes youre probably in the correct mindset here!!

Anyone with a penchant for travelling to watch Subbuteo is for the watching

10 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I see where you’re coming from Diego, but after some intensive parsing I think it does work with the emphasis on “want” in the second half.

Works for me!

The current chant consists of six syllables followed by five, reducing Abdallah to Dallah. Your suggestion is two sixes and looks good on paper, but putting the emphasis on the second WANT would slow it down fractionally, which won't be accepted by the chanters.

This is probably how Lennon and McCartney discussed their compositions.... yellow submarine or blue and tangerine?😎

13 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Works for me!

I often overhear my 4 year old singing it whilst he is playing lego and I can honestly say I have never been prouder...

2 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

The current chant consists of six syllables followed by five, reducing Abdallah to Dallah. Your suggestion is two sixes and looks good on paper, but putting the emphasis on the second WANT would slow it down fractionally, which won't be accepted by the chanters.

This is probably how Lennon and McCartney discussed their compositions.... yellow submarine or blue and tangerine?😎

always thought it had a "say" in it. We want Abdallah out, say we want Abdallah out. 

14 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Maybe someone should remind AL that Chris Moore kissed goodbye to £4.4m when the club went into administration in 2003.

Did he actually lose that much or did he simply crank up the debts and then pissed off, the evil shitbag?

That's got me thinking about the time a group of fans hired a coach to pay him, or was it the previous owner, a visit. Where do the two shits live when they're over here?

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Did he actually lose that much or did he simply crank up the debts and then pissed off, the evil shitbag?

That's got me thinking about the time a group of fans hired a coach to pay him, or was it the previous owner, a visit. Where do the two shits live when they're over here?

He funded it through directors loans trouble is when he pulled the plug we were up shit creek without a paddle. So yes he did lose circa £4million.

39 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

yeah that was him. went to his head office and protested outside. was quite a trek to protest, somewhere like oxford iirc..

7 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Great comparison, I like it! 👍

All we have to do now is persuade the rest of the world we’re as good as L&Mc and we’ll have more than enough money to buy out the 🤡🤡and resurrect the club. 🥊🥊🥊

21 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

Anyone who knows the ins and outs of insolvency know where 'Directors loans' rank ?

His asset is decreasing in value week by week. End of the season he has literally nothing other than a badge, a lease on a creaking stadium and presumably 'membership' of the EFL and very possibly not the last of those.

He seems to think he can get back everything he has put in- clearly unrealistic with current strategies. It seems to be accepted his asking price is too high.

If we go bump where do his loans rank? I'd guess but am happy to be educated they would be after HMRC, 'football debts'- if he wants to keep his league membership, banks/ mortgage holders...

Can't see him getting anything back.

In which case far better to sell for x% of something than nothing surely.

It doesn't really matter as there won't be anything left to pay any debts.

I thing AL is now in so deep, that he finds it very hard to let go and lose all that money. Paying that tax bill will dig him an even deeper hole. If he is taking Corney to court, he needs to hurry it up, so that he can attempt to get some of it back and leave. Corney would no doubt plead poverty though.

Archived