Harry Vaughan

Definately a player for the future.

If I could find one negative about him it would be his size but I'm cluthing at straws.

He is good on the ball, he is fiery and not scared of getting stuck in, he looks like he loves playing too.

Its a shame we are in such a mess as a club, I would love to see him develop but can't see it happening here.

Him and Couto are going to have very good careers imo, and good luck to them.

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Definately a player for the future.

If I could find one negative about him it would be his size but I'm cluthing at straws.

He is good on the ball, he is fiery and not scared of getting stuck in, he looks like he loves playing too.

Its a shame we are in such a mess as a club, I would love to see him develop but can't see it happening here.

Him and Couto are going to have very good careers imo, and good luck to them.

Can't help thinking of players like Hamer whose career stalled so badly.  Having a different coach most weeks won't have helped,

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Feels like the lad deserves his own thread, especially as just called up to the full Ireland squad.  Hands up who knew he was Irish!

I think you should of mentioned its the under 19s and not the first team.  I was gobsmacked for a second 

Hamer lacked confidence going forward with the ball, Vaughn certainly doesn't, and showed on Saturday he's not afraid to shoot when the occasion arrives. 

He is on the small side but makes up for that with great enthusiasm and with normal progression should have a good career, hopefully with us !

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Feels like the lad deserves his own thread, especially as just called up to the full Ireland squad.  Hands up who knew he was Irish!

Not a winger IMO, he's the type of player who just needs to be told to dart centrally at defenders toward the penalty area. 

Couto is another who needs to be given a free reign, nor sure if KC is the coach to bring out the best in them though.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Not a winger IMO, he's the type of player who just needs to be told to dart centrally at defenders toward the penalty area. 

Couto is another who needs to be given a free reign, nor sure if KC is the coach to bring out the best in them though.

Not in Curles 3 4 3. Vaughn probably fits into a 3 5 2, where he can play centrally. Your 4 4 2 works well with Couto at LB.

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I remember Carlos Roca coming on the scene in a similar way with a similar size. I hope this lad kicks on as many felt he might do. Looks a real talent and personally delighted we have someone representing the boys in green.

Messi isn't exactly a giant is he.

28 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't have an issue with his size. He reminds me of Roca size and excitement wise. I don't see his size as stopping him excelling, i dont think that's why Roca didn't in the end. 

In the modern game winning free kicks is a valuable asset, like Grelish, and in league 2 Vaughan will win them constantly. 

41 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I remember Carlos Roca coming on the scene in a similar way with a similar size. I hope this lad kicks on as many felt he might do. Looks a real talent and personally delighted we have someone representing the boys in green.

Could he be the new Jack Byrne? 🤔

In the football he is going to play, his size won't matter as much as in League 2 and he probably has some growing left. He was warming up in front of my area on Saturday. It was notable that every time he controlled the ball, it went exactly where he wanted it to. It wasn't the case with Bowen, who he was with.

9 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

I described him to my wife when I got home as the right footed messi lol. I don’t know how true this is but my mate told me that we have recently turned down a bid of 500k from Burnley. Has anyone else heard that?

Barry Owen's business partner said on here and on Twitter that we had turned down a substantial bid from Burnley for him and Curle also confirmed a bid was turned down...

15 hours ago, al_bro said:

Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone disorder, or GHD, while playing in Argentina. At 13 years old he was reputedly only 4’2” tall…

Barcelona we’re so convinced of his potential that they paid for years of injections of human growth hormone, HGH, which was a very expensive gamble.

His current height is listed as 5’7” which for a player of his talent is fine given his amazing balance and skills. I not sure how tall Vaughan is but I would guess that he is no more than 5’5”?

* Maradona’s height was listed as 5’6”

** Allegedly the initial contract that Messi signed with Barcelona was on a table napkin…

Archived