MATCH: vs Ipswich Town (H) 16/11/21 #FACup 1st Round Replay 🏆

I'm finding it difficult to find any interest in the replay. I'ts the first time in over 60 years Ive felt such apathy for an FA cup match.

This is what ALMOKC have done to me.

I'll go, but like putting the bins of rubbish out it's a chore.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm feeling exactly the same. Normally, I'd plan what I'm doing, having our evening meal et al around the commentary. I can't be arsed.

Normally, I'd have been at Exeter last Saturday. Didn't even bother listening to it. Even the Prediction League is a bind say times, because you mostly know what the result will be.

This coming Saturday? I'll most likely go to watch Bath City again. I really enjoyed it a couple of weeks ago. At least the players show some passion.

Thanks ALMOKC. You've finally killed off my interest in Latics after all these years. Well done.

31 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

This coming Saturday? I'll most likely go to watch Bath City again. I really enjoyed it a couple of weeks ago. At least the players show some passion.

Thanks ALMOKC. You've finally killed off my interest in Latics after all these years. Well done.

Last Saturday night I watched FC Isle of Man v Stafford Town in the NW Counties Southern League, possibly 12th tier, I'm not sure. It finished 6 - 2 and it was the most entertaining live game I've seen for many years. 100% effort from honest players who just wanted to play the game and not try and con the ref.

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Last Saturday night I watched FC Isle of Man v Stafford Town in the NW Counties Southern League, possibly 12th tier, I'm not sure. It finished 6 - 2 and it was the most entertaining live game I've seen for many years. 100% effort from honest players who just wanted to play the game and not try and con the ref.

Did you spot a decent striker...surely even AL can afford 10th tier wages?

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Did you spot a decent striker...surely even AL can afford 10th tier wages?

Well all goals were scored from within the box as far as I can remember. So would a striker who gets in the box be decent ?

Best strike of the night came from the Stafford Town goalie who hammered the ball into the crowd in frustration. Straight red.

43 minutes ago, redlion said:

Well all goals were scored from within the box as far as I can remember. So would a striker who gets in the box be decent ?

Best strike of the night came from the Stafford Town goalie who hammered the ball into the crowd in frustration. Straight red.

An Exeter player did that and didn't even get spoken to.

1 hour ago, redlion said:

50 minutes ago, al_bro said:

An Exeter player did that and didn't even get spoken to.

I’d guess the Stafford Town player booted the ball when it was out-of-play, something that’s known to be a yellow card and would be a red if it endangered the crowd.

The Exeter player booted a ball that was in play out. Fairly certain a few Latics had to take evasive action to avoid injury. Don’t think any ref would book someone for that, if they did we’d have had a few suspensions amongst our strike force over the years. 

1 hour ago, redlion said:

A striker who gets in the box would be unique.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I’d guess the Stafford Town player booted the ball when it was out-of-play, something that’s known to be a yellow card and would be a red if it endangered the crowd.

Yes I'm pretty sure it was out of play. A corner conceded in the last few minutes and yes it fair rocketed into the crowd.

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

My mate asked me to go, I did think about it and thought fuck that.

Not been since I seen 40 year old Ellison bag the winner at the start of the season. 

Thanks for reminding me of that

was like watching “The Mummy” before he got his skin back 

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: vs Ipswich Town (H) 16/11/21 #FACup 1st Round Replay 🏆
2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Common sense says you are right, of course. However, if you split those 3 constituent parts via a pie chart, by far the biggest slice would be attributable to no.1

It would be an interesting pie chart to see methinks - responsibility:

Owners 50%
Manager 30%
Players 20%

Percentages seem about right to me - What do you reckon?

Kind of looking forward to this, I mean traditionally F.A. Cup games should be played in the first week of January but when you're outside the top two leagues such as we are it sort of takes the gloss of the competition to some extent.    You don't really feel the same vibe or enthusiasm when you're competing before a new year.

We played Colchester in that EDFL trophy shit a week ago, took a penalty shoot out for us to win and that was at home although Cook did take it seriously and put out a decent team that night.    Got held by Oxford in league action at the weekend but it was a good  0 - 0 with plenty of incidents and talking points.    Should have won but we often lack that killer instinct and unable to finish teams off.    When it DOES happen we CAN rack up some impressive scores and victories although it occurs less often than we would like.

Hope Cook puts out another strong side tonight, the F.A. Cup has it's faults but whichever level you're involved in or time of season it comes, it IS only once a year and supposed to be our nations greatest cup showpiece.     Neither of us will be involved at the later stages going into March / April but for now let's hope for a sporting game later today that people can enjoy.    If Oldham win it won't be no surprise, you will have earned it after the first game at Portman Road.

Show the same fighting spirit for the F.A. Cup like you did in years past particularly with Joe Royle and it should be enough to take you through.   Hoping that WE make it into the second round though all the same.  

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

It would be an interesting pie chart to see methinks - responsibility:

Owners 50%
Manager 30%
Players 20%

Percentages seem about right to me - What do you reckon?

The embargo means that the manager hasn't had a hope in hell of putting together a competitive team regardless of whether he's doing as well as he could be with what he has.  The owner percentage is way, way bigger than that.

Archived