Only owners past and present to blame

We all get carried away blaming managers and players, I do and I've wanted Curle out for weeks.

But really thinking about it, can we really judge any manager who has to work in the toxic and pathetic circumstances which they are having to.

The present owners and the previous ones are 100% to blame for our plight.

No manager or player can really be blamed, they get the stick because they are the ones put out in front of us.

Yes we may get a bit of a bounce with a new manager but in the end the same outcome will happen.

Now I am not saying Curle is all that but surely his job was like a writer trying to write a book with broken pencils.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The owners take a huge slice of the blame probably 90%

The finances or lack off, the interfering in team selection that saw us get relegated. The filling of previous squads with players not good enough for English league football. Then fast forward to this season with the poorest recruitment we have ever had leading to obvious gaps in team selection. To go into the season with 1 experienced striker is a joke. 

Curle hasn't done brilliantly but was hit by a wave of injuries (probably expected when you sign loads of journeymen, crocks and cast offs) so I have some sympathy. However his insistence on 352 when the world and his wife could see teams were having a field day out wide and getting crosses into the box should have lead to some changes. 

We have a squad but rarely did we try anything to get more points on the board. Bam was played up front a couple of times, it didn't work out, but I don't mind the attempt but not trying something to stop us being so vulnerable at the back just screamed stubborn. I mean why did Hope end up playing wing back one game just stupid. 

I was hopefully we had a solid manager in charge - but i think he's been undone in part by himself, and partly and maybe more importantly by Al and Mo...

Let's not forget that the fans, collectively, can shoulder a small percentage here.  The trust/foundation has rightly taken some criticism but at least the people involved put their hands up and tried.  It was never more than a very small number who did so, certainly a lot fewer than those prepared to carp from the sidelines.  

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Let's not forget that the fans, collectively, can shoulder a small percentage here.  The trust/foundation has rightly taken some criticism but at least the people involved put their hands up and tried.  It was never more than a very small number who did so, certainly a lot fewer than those prepared to carp from the sidelines.  

So the customer is not always right in your world Dave

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Don't follow.  I think all football fans like to think they are more than customers.  Sometimes that demands more than just buying the product.

Just a little tongue in cheek.  Im in health and my customers are often not right. 

The problem is NO manager can stay long term, the environment just doesnt permit that longevity.

Forgetting the 353 issue, which I agree needed to be changed, the blame is totally with the owners here.

They obviously have no self interest in the club other than money, they have no business skills, they run the club like a game, they can't be challenged, the list goes on.

Good people who the fans loved have fallen on their swords because of these jokers, Bunn, Sheriden, Dino and Wild all had the fans on side, they were great characters, but these people just couldn't work under the ridiculous conditions imposed by these idiotic chancers.

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

The problem is NO manager can stay long term, the environment just doesnt permit that longevity.

Forgetting the 353 issue, which I agree needed to be changed, the blame is totally with the owners here.

They obviously have no self interest in the club other than money, they have no business skills, they run the club like a game, they can't be challenged, the list goes on.

Good people who the fans loved have fallen on their swords because of these jokers, Bunn, Sheriden, Dino and Wild all had the fans on side, they were great characters, but these people just couldn't work under the ridiculous conditions imposed by these idiotic chancers.

Worth a try!

7 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Blitz is the architect of our destruction and is still likely to profit from it whilst everyone else will lose financially and emotionally

I feckin hate him and the rest of the amigos charlatans 

Correct. I don’t even blame AL, he’s just misguided and out of his depth. I think he has genuinely tried but he’s clueless. Blitz knows exactly what he is doing by contrast, could have prevented our downfall but didn’t.

For this reason, whilst AL out is a nice soundbite it’s not really the headline. 

the headline should, for me, be about fans getting control of their club. Regrettably I don’t think our fans have the energy, fight and hunger for it. Worn down by years and years of decline. Our plight isn’t shocking fans into action is it? Our existence has become the norm and I doubt very much whether another relegation will register with most. 

our only hope is a philanthropic individual with some commercial acumen, a heart and enough cash to keep us going. 

9 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Correct. I don’t even blame AL, he’s just misguided and out of his depth. I think he has genuinely tried but he’s clueless. Blitz knows exactly what he is doing by contrast, could have prevented our downfall but didn’t.

No offence, but I stopped reading after this line.

When has he tried, exactly?

His only plan was to try and push his clients through the club to make a profit for himself and his agency.  Now that ingenious idea has failed, he's just letting the club rot. The rumour was that we we're knackered under Corney.  AL has made no attempt to maintain the little remaining that was good about the club under Corney - he's destroyed it further.  If the club was knackered under Corney, imagine what state it is in now.  AL is not some victim of a scam who's been done by his own sweet naivety - he's responsible for the club's current plight, regardless of what Blitz has done.

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

His only plan was to try and push his clients through the club to make a profit for himself and his agency.  Now that ingenious idea has failed, he's just letting the club rot. The rumour was that we we're knackered under Corney.  AL has made no attempt to maintain the little remaining that was good about the club under Corney - he's destroyed it further.  If the club was knackered under Corney, imagine what state it is in now.  AL is not some victim of a scam who's been done by his own sweet naivety - he's responsible for the club's current plight, regardless of what Blitz has done.

Fine. Our difference is irrelevant though as we both get to the same point - we have to find a future without AL as he will destroy the club through either or a combination of  incompetence or malice 

There’s little doubt in my mind that the sad loss of Big Gordy has been a massive contributory factor in the club’s decline.

I can’t say for certain that he would have steered the Lemmies on a less divisive path with the staff and fans, but he’s the only person I can think of who had the skills, experience and love for our club that’s been sorely lacking with the majority of senior hires over the past three years.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

There’s little doubt in my mind that the sad loss of Big Gordy has been a massive contributory factor in the club’s decline.

I can’t say for certain that he would have steered the Lemmies on a less divisive path with the staff and fans, but he’s the only person I can think of who had the skills, experience and love for our club that’s been sorely lacking with the majority of senior hires over the past three years.

He would have tried and they would have sacked him like everyone else - the only blessing in his passing is he hasn't had to witness or suffer this in person 

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Which clients exactly has he tried to push through the club? It's a myth these foreign players had AL as their agent. They all had their own different agents and that's a fact. 

19 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Which clients exactly has he tried to push through the club? It's a myth these foreign players had AL as their agent. They all had their own different agents and that's a fact. 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/feature-guess-who-footballers-edition-the-ghost-that-is-queensy-menig/

One example, straight off the bat…

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He would have tried and they would have sacked him like everyone else - the only blessing in his passing is he hasn't had to witness or suffer this in person 

Bull shit. He’d have been gone very quickly. 

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

I’m guessing you realise that if the player increases in value while his contract is owned by the club, the profit would be ALs hence his business model. The players agent may get his fee, but the first players were all definitely from a market which AL was aware of and not the normal UK pool of players. 

I can’t remember anyone saying AL had been their agent.

38 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I’m guessing you realise that if the player increases in value while his contract is owned by the club, the profit would be ALs hence his business model. The players agent may get his fee, but the first players were all definitely from a market which AL was aware of and not the normal UK pool of players. 

Also rumours of the likes of Maouche on £4k a week plus accommodation and car - must have been some sort of links between the owner and agents and it stinks!

53 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Obviously if a player does well and his value goes up the club/owner benefits. That's the same as any club isn't it. You literally stated he wanted to push through his clients. It's clear you thought he was their agent.

Taken from the Oldham Chronicle website:-

And of course, it wouldn’t require any depth of insider knowledge to realise that there are issues at Oldham that go way deeper than the surface of the squad and management.

For now, the common denominator through the Latics’ string of failed managerial appointments remains in place; the mastermind of Oldham’s demise, Abdallah Lemsagam himself.

Lemsagam continues to stare down his reputation of disdain with remarkable resolution, like a weathered seafarer refusing to depart a ship that he personally sent full-steam ahead into an iceberg, as the rest of his crew fling themselves into the icy seas.

Closing in one ten managers under his leadership now, it seems no amount of failures, protests, booing or men dressed in clown suits would be enough for him to call it a day.

Whoever takes over from Curle, sowing the seeds of division between the club and an unruly fanbase - many of whom are unwilling to even attend Boundary Park with Lemsagam still in place - is an almighty task.

Archived