Only owners past and present to blame

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

That's a different point to his "force by law another country to grant citizenship to  someone". Which is impossible. 

Well you can unilaterally withdraw it - although that's usually reserved for ISIS brides!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Let's just say Lewis Hamilton doesn't represent Britain in my eyes, his knighthood represents service to tax havens.

I’m not saying it’s right, but from the royal family investing in off shore tax havens to the average bloke in the street asking a builder if he’d do it cheaper for cash, there can’t be many innocent people around when it comes to avoiding tax. 

51 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’m not saying it’s right, but from the royal family investing in off shore tax havens to the average bloke in the street asking a builder if he’d do it cheaper for cash, there can’t be many innocent people around when it comes to avoiding tax. 

On BBC Panorma tonight care home equity owners siphoning money into tax havens while residents live in filth. 

One owner looked at 30% profit while it had cost one resident £120,000 before he died alone. It really is disgusting and all about greed.

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I do have some interest in Formula One. Yesterday’s race was incident packed and very gripping. It sets it up for a potentially thrilling final race.

Hamilton is British, his team is based in Britain and I enjoy his success all the more because of that.

As for living as a tax exile… if I earned his money I’d do the same. But, like Lewis, I would be using some of that wealth to do good.

Used to like it when it’s was hill and Schumacher, you inspired to watch the highlights! Christ that was a classic, gave me goose bumps was like the old days !

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Used to like it when it’s was hill and Schumacher, you inspired to watch the highlights! Christ that was a classic, gave me goose bumps was like the old days !

Rush was a good movie..

19 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Every one who avoids tax is innocent (as it isn’t against the law) everyone who evades tax isn’t. 

Paying into a pension pot, investing in an ISA etc are examples of avoiding tax. As you say lots of people (in fact most of us) avoid tax by some means. 

David Mitchell does a good rant on the topic.

24 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Every one who avoids tax is innocent (as it isn’t against the law) everyone who evades tax isn’t. 

Paying into a pension pot, investing in an ISA etc are examples of avoiding tax. As you say lots of people (in fact most of us) avoid tax by some means. 

David Mitchell does a good rant on the topic.

But they are run by this country RM.

ISAs wouldn't attact the of likes of Lewis  Hamilton, they just don't want to pay income tax here.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But they are run by this country RM.

ISAs wouldn't attact the of likes of Lewis  Hamilton, they just don't want to pay income tax here.

Lewis Hamilton spends most of his racing career working all over the globe. He doesn’t live in this country and doesn’t use any of its facilities and services. He has chosen to live in a country where he pays his taxes according to the tax laws of that country.

Why should he be criticised for that? It is his choice and he is doing nothing illegal.

Why not focus on his charitable foundations and the tens of millions of his wealth that he continues to use for the benefit of others?

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Lewis Hamilton spends most of his racing career working all over the globe. He doesn’t live in this country and doesn’t use any of its facilities and services. He has chosen to live in a country where he pays his taxes according to the tax laws of that country.

Why should he be criticised for that? It is his choice and he is doing nothing illegal.

Why not focus on his charitable foundations and the tens of millions of his wealth that he continues to use for the benefit of others?

Another thread that has completely lost the plot and gone off on a completely pointless tangent 

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Never avoided paying some, or assisted others in avoiding paying some?

Paid my dues like most of the population.

Tax havens are legal, created for the benefit of the rich by the rich, but they shouldn't be, that's my beef.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A big difference in paying a window cleaner cash and salting millions in tax havens.

not in principle there isn't.   If you want a fair tax system then that means everybody being treated fairly, not just picking and choosing.  

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

not in principle there isn't.   If you want a fair tax system then that means everybody being treated fairly, not just picking and choosing.  

I don’t think you can put a window cleaner on £7 a house in the same bracket as billionaires 

The former probably doesn’t earn enough in a year to pay income tax anyway 

Archived