Only owners past and present to blame

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

And now we find that Mo will be responsible for transfers in and out. That's Latics knackered then.

If I hadn't already decided that I'd had enough and was virtually giving up all things Latics, this would have been the decider.

I've been going to Bath City recently with my mate of many years and thoroughly enjoyed it. The football is pretty good, great atmosphere, lovely people, the chips are delicious, they don't run out of food and stay open after the match.They have initiatives that others could copy.

So I decided to get a half season ticket so that's where I'll be every other Saturday from now on.

Thanks ALMO. You've finally, successfully, killed off the enthusiasm of a fan and supporter of over 70 years. Well done, you pair of imbeciles.

Final nail in the coffin even though Latics will always be a part of my DNA, but I'll still be in and out of here to annoy a few of you from time to time and I'll do the Prediction League to the end of the season. Then we will need a volunteer to take it over.

Well done to those who carry on going. I just can't stomach it any more.

Rant over.

I can see how this happens. I went to my local NL team, Aldershot Town the other day, great atmosphere, good game, clear connection between the players, staff, fans and no AlMo or Blitz in sight......I did feel a bit guilty though! Crawley on Saturday 😎

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking past the obvious, disappointing aspects of that story l'm really warming to Selim, the way he talks and a passion for the game that l can pick up on despite having never heard his voice and only seeing his likeness for the second time when l clicked the above article. 

l wonder if the 'No Danger' lynch mob from the Shez days are equally seething with the use of the word top?

👋🏻

• 3 weeks later...

Surely it is time for the Trust to shift attack to Blitz.  aL is clearly on the ropes and has withdrawn.  He has made it clear that pressure to sell just makes him dig his heels in.  Give him time now to think quietly.  There is only one sensible decision for him, maybe he will get there.

Biltz now needs to be brought to the table.  The trust needs to put it to him that a community football club owner is custodian of the club and it is immoral to destroy the thing which so many in the community use and enjoy. They need to impress on him that the only truly moral course of action is to sell the ground to the trust for a pound, considering the way he has already dismantled this precious asset.  That the least he can do is sell at a discount price.

Then they should publish the meeting and his response.  We all know his likely response is the reverse V sign.  Then the negative publicity he gets may put pressure on.

These people, (like all of us) want to look good, not be exposed as money grabbers.

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Surely it is time for the Trust to shift attack to Blitz.  aL is clearly on the ropes and has withdrawn.  He has made it clear that pressure to sell just makes him dig his heels in.  Give him time now to think quietly.  There is only one sensible decision for him, maybe he will get there.

Biltz now needs to be brought to the table.  The trust needs to put it to him that a community football club owner is custodian of the club and it is immoral to destroy the thing which so many in the community use and enjoy. They need to impress on him that the only truly moral course of action is to sell the ground to the trust for a pound, considering the way he has already dismantled this precious asset.  That the least he can do is sell at a discount price.

Then they should publish the meeting and his response.  We all know his likely response is the reverse V sign.  Then the negative publicity he gets may put pressure on.

These people, (like all of us) want to look good, not be exposed as money grabbers.

No, we need rid of this owner first he needs to be out the door he is a bigger problem once a new owner is in place at that point we will be in a far better place to tackle Blitz. If the new owner can't come to an agreement with Blitz then by all means get the pitch forks and go after him.

The trust have been completely silent about Blitz. Yet the money being raised is earmarked to possibly buy the ground or club.  

Your way Glossop of waiting on preparing the way for a ground purchase, risks the possibility of relegation, the club going bust and the trust suddenly having a near emergency situation to buy the ground.  The trust board are volunteers and are unlikely to be able to devote the weeks of full time effort buying the ground and taking over the club would need. 

We need to be doing both. AL have been rattled and has withdrawn. Only the financial pressure on him is needed just at the minute, so let’s move to Blitz. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why hasn't AL been pressured to answer the embargo situation by OASF or the media?

I'm guessing the embargo situation was why the 3 year plan promised to us never arrived.

It would have to have taken pride of place in the plan.  Without a promise to pay the loan off early, there could be no plan

I read that that AL has empty pockets.

21 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'm guessing the embargo situation was why the 3 year plan promised to us never arrived.

It would have to have taken pride of place in the plan.  Without a promise to pay the loan off early, there could be no plan

I read that that AL has empty pockets.

Or a loss of interest

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

The EFL house of cards could topple soon if this is anything to go by.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-ceo-sends-message-6477092

I think the EFL will be forced to change the rules.

However the CEO alludes to the higher salaries paid to players as one contributor to the losses.

And then I read about Mo Salah allegedly asking for £300k per week whilst stating that he’s not asking for ‘crazy things’…😱

I sincerely hope that the Premier league implodes one day or the big clubs go off and form a European SuperLeague or summat 👀

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I think the EFL will be forced to change the rules.

However the CEO alludes to the higher salaries paid to players as one contributor to the losses.

And then I read about Mo Salah allegedly asking for £300k per week whilst stating that he’s not asking for ‘crazy things’…😱

I sincerely hope that the Premier league implodes one day or the big clubs go off and form a European SuperLeague or summat 👀

I agree, with a brand new set up to replace the EFL including  sustainability and fit and proper person rules (which would include  Agents and Sporting Directors).

To put everything back together again a ne owner now has three parties to negotiate with. AL, Blitz and the FLG. Most of the possible profit to help fund the club comes from the least expensive to buy and that's the OEC.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

To put everything back together again a ne owner now has three parties to negotiate with. AL, Blitz and the FLG. Most of the possible profit to help fund the club comes from the least expensive to buy and that's the OEC.

The OEC is a subcontractor. It's perfectly normal for a football stadium to outsource its hospitality to a hospitality business I've experience of the sector myself and that business did it for 4 premier league clubs. What any new owners will have to look at is the deal in place with OEC I can also tell you that hospitality is not a very profitable industry aswell compared to others. It's also very possible to have a deal in place which could be mutually beneficial to both OEC and OAFC. I'm a treasurer at local cricket club and we've just leased out our hospitality to a local restaurant It's a mutually beneficial deal between club and a hospitality business.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The OEC is a subcontractor. It's perfectly normal for a football stadium to outsource its hospitality to a hospitality business I've experience of the sector myself and that business did it for 4 premier league clubs. What any new owners will have to look at is the deal in place with OEC I can also tell you that hospitality is not a very profitable industry aswell compared to others. It's also very possible to have a deal in place which could be mutually beneficial to both OEC and OAFC. I'm a treasurer at local cricket club and we've just leased out our hospitality to a local restaurant It's a mutually beneficial deal between club and a hospitality business.

Some will never understand this just like those saying the FLG buying the OEC is some sort of Nivana moment 

They have bought a business to rent space in the North Stand - unless I’m told otherwise 

Some seem to think the OEC is the North Stand it isn’t and has never been it’s the hospitality bit to do weddings and stuff 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Some will never understand this just like those saying the FLG buying the OEC is some sort of Nivana moment 

They have bought a business to rent space in the North Stand - unless I’m told otherwise 

Some seem to think the OEC is the North Stand it isn’t and has never been it’s the hospitality bit to do weddings and stuff 

It really depends what the deal is in place between Landlord OEC and the club. I don't think it's as destructive as some believe it is. However any prospective owner should be made well aware of it. I don't believe Blitz and Co are shafting us for millions.

23 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I am well aware hat the OEC and JR sand are not the same, but I bow to Glosssop's knowledge of hospitality. I thought that would have been more profitable than it appears to be. I would have also htought that the change of directors may mean that they have bought that part of the stand, but as no statement has been made by the FLG, that is probably not the case.  

22 hours ago, latics22 said:

Are contracts honoured if the building is sold? Maybe the club and stand has been bought and blitz has slipped this in for his mates Brooke and the rest.

I would imagine they would have to honour the contract aslong as the landlord and the tenant were separate people as they would have a legally binding contract. But if Brooke and whitehead bought the stadium and the club aswell as you suggest then they could void that agreement and start from scratch. 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I am well aware hat the OEC and JR sand are not the same, but I bow to Glosssop's knowledge of hospitality. I thought that would have been more profitable than it appears to be. I would have also htought that the change of directors may mean that they have bought that part of the stand, but as no statement has been made by the FLG, that is probably not the case.  

You can't really buy part of a stand 

Archived